It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another fun video

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

lots of funny ideas in this...

positron and particle beams......surely SciFi right....its foggy

but for real there is some cool aviation stuff here

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This one can never be posted enough. Absolutely textbook recovery and outstanding job by these pilots.

vimeo.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Some of you may of seen this video over the last couple of days but thought I'd share it anyway. A pilots point of view, watching two German Eurofighters intercepting a 777 (jet airways I believe) which from what I heard had radio problems over Cologne. They managed to make radio contact through emergency frequencies with the German pilots. Nothing special in the video but a good view of it, filmed from the cockpit of a airliner following the 777

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I am a leaf in the wind......

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
This one can never be posted enough. Absolutely textbook recovery and outstanding job by these pilots.

vimeo.com...

What happened there then? I'm guessing new underwear greeted them when they landed.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Stall testing during the flight test program.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Flew through jetwash I think.Oopps Zaph beat me.. My bad...
edit on 20-2-2017 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
ignore the title just some good b-2

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
QSRA carrier trials.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Glad I watched the video before asking my question about that video. The question was going to be why the engines were mounted the way they are. But the video told me

However I'll ask another question, where there any disadvantages to having the engines like that? I like the design wish more aircraft looked like that .. I dunno just makes an aircraft look a little different.

Aaaaand while I'm here I came across a video filmed in ether HD or 4K. A B-17 and a B-25 flying over Arizona. Not sure why but the B-17 and the B-25 are one of my favourite world war 2 era aircraft

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

There a lot more disadvantages than advantages to putting them on the top of the wing like that. It's awesome for short field operations, as seen in the video. For just about anything else, not so much.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So your flying a harrier which is operating from a carrier. You return only to find your nose landing gear hasn't come down. What next? Or I'll just land it the nose on a stool. Pilot skills at its finest

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is a great example of poor CRM during what should have been a fairly routine emergency. An F-15 developed an engine fire on the #2 engine. It starts out with almost perfect handling of the situation. The emergency pilot delegates radio management, just as he should have, etc. But then when they are on final, it all goes wrong. The pilot comes in at somewhere around 350 knots, resulting in an overspeed of the landing gear, pilot induced oscillations, and the pilot having to eject because he couldn't stop before the end of the runway.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Very happy with this being at the airshow. I don't recall who exactly was doing the commentary, I beleive it was someone from RAAF or DOD in a fairly high level role. More informational than most displays -talked about how they flew to Australia with KC-30A support from Luke AFB, to Hawaii, to Guam, to Amberly, and finally to Avalon.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This one never gets old.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

whoops

looks like you can see it to start to break away the way it lurches forward.

bet someone lost there job that day

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Yeah, you can see one of the mounts come loose, and then the other side fails, and off it goes.

Depends on the reason for the failure. If it was a stress failure, then without an NDI they probably couldn't have known it was going to go. If it was just that they didn't secure the engine properly, then oh yeah, he was looking for a new job later that day.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

listing to his breathing as he is landing is interesting, you can tell he knows its not going to end well. but other then the last part he seemed very calm as far as his breathing goes.

F-15vid

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So they got a LITTLE low.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join