GOP-led House votes to hold former IRS official in contempt (Lois Lerner)

page: 1

join

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

(CNN) -- Acting on a conservative battle cry and potentially triggering a court battle with the Obama administration, the Republican-led House voted Wednesday to hold former IRS official Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions about her agency's targeting of conservative and other groups.

The 231-187 vote fell almost entirely along party lines, a decision that cut across three sharp divides: balance of power issues between the branches of government, political questions over the IRS scandal, and a Constitutional debate over Lerner's individual Fifth Amendment rights.

Lerner is in the middle of that trio. Until she retired last year, she ran the IRS division in charge of tax exempt status. An inspector general's report concluded her staff had inappropriately targeted Tea Party and other groups for extra scrutiny.

CNN

I think the IRS should go after groups like the ones allegedly targeted. Considering "progressive" groups were also targeted.

She is a former administration official but I think her and Holder have both been found in Contempt of Congress...funny how they work on this but nothing important like jobs or immigration...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I consider this a diversion from the real issue at hand: Should the IRS continue to be allowed to exist?

Personally, I hope they hang Lois Lerner. She knew better.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Abolish the IRS.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Considering "progressive" groups were also targeted. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL

Proof ?

And don't forget....

Seems George Soros is up to his eyeballs as well.

(May 2013 story)

As IRS efforts targeting politically-conservative groups gained momentum, George Soros-funded liberal groups repeatedly called on the IRS to investigate conservative nonprofit organizations.

While the first reported instances of extra IRS scrutiny for conservative groups began in Cincinnati in March of 2010, the attacks began to pick up steam on a national level soon after Soros-funded groups began firing off letters to the IRS in October of that year - following the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling.

The talking points of these groups then bounced around a carefully created progressive "echo chamber," until they eventually made their way into established media outlets. Key IRS policy changes about how it investigated conservative groups took place soon after it received three separate letters sent by Soros-funded liberal organizations.

Soros Gave $6.1 Million to Groups Linked to Pressure on IRS to Target Conservative Nonprofits

Soros has hundreds of those juicy 501(c)(4) outfits all over the place.

Citizens United put him in a wild frenzy rage.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Soros financed the whole thing. He's an expert bribe artist. He's brilliant.

Very aggressive competition involved.

here's an old thread about it .. www.abovetopsecret.com...

If Lerner blows the cork off this with Soros and other ilky silky cohorts, then it's curtains !!!

edit on May-07-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I guess they are too big to fire (from a cannon) jobs LOL

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Congress and your right wing media is saying they targeted tea party and other conservative groups...your side is making the accusations so its your duty to prove it.

You really wanna argue or debate billionaires spending there money on there interests?

You don't think the opinions you express here are not a orchestra from the media you listen too? Or from millions spent by billionaires?
edit on 7-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

LOL

Good Gawd.

They admitted it !!!!

Stop deflecting.

It's over.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

OK i'll bite again.

In 2013, the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) revealed that it had selected political groups applying for tax-exempt status for closer scrutiny based on their names or political themes. This led to wide condemnation of the agency and triggered several investigations, including a Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal probe ordered by United States Attorney General Eric Holder. Initial reports described the selections as nearly exclusively of conservative groups with terms such as "Tea Party" in their names. ..............

>>>>>>>..... The letter further stated that out of the 20 groups applying for tax-exempt status whose names contained "progress" or "progressive", 6 had been chosen for more scrutiny as compared to all of the 292 groups applying for tax-exempt status whose names contained "tea party", "patriot", or "9/12".

2013 IRS scandal

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

Good Gawd.

They admitted it !!!!

Stop deflecting.

It's over.

Who admitted it? That the majority of the groups filing for tax exempt were conservative? So it would make since that more of these groups would be audited. If more progressive groups were filing for tax exempt statues I would expect the irs to audit them....

really? wikipedia? lol
edit on 7-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Prove it !!

Please.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

This was last year, before the real scandal became evidence....

The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

liberal source

new topics

top topics

join