It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All governments are inherently evil

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
a reply to: vasaga

On the other hand, not everyone does bad things just because others are doing them, and for those who won't its because their own value system is deeply engrained. They have an ability to step back and question their actions or inactions. They don't lower their own bar to the level of others but rather have theirs firmly set. I often wonder if this was the cause of some of the assassinations we've seen in our leadership.

I admit I get frustrated, in spite of the knowledge of social psychology. It's like watching a movie (although quite realistic), where 5 million are afraid of 50. Five million people starving and suffering because 50 frighten them. This isn't happening yet (in the U. S.), but we see it elsewhere and historically. With the Stanford experiment participants have break downs before leaving. They can leave sooner but don't. People attempt to acclimate and take cues from those around them, but the people who lead others out of oppression are those who take a leap of faith and break the cycle.

Thanks for the reminder of the experiment. I think it is quite relevant to this topic.
Exactly... And it isn't even logical. The sheep are afraid that if the shepherd and the sheepdog leave, that the sheep will eat each other.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Governments are inherently evil....No...

Humans are inherently greedy.....yes...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OcelotJoe
Governments are inherently evil....No...

Humans are inherently greedy.....yes...

Say the same thing again after watching this video...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vasaga

Are you kidding me with this? Have you not noticed that we like to kill each other for personal gain?
I could start naming wars, corporate scandals, government corruption and so on.

All in the name of I want more, this is mine.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OcelotJoe

Would there be wars without governments?
Would there be corporate scandals without government protection?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join