It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Lois Lerner Held in Contempt of Congress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: xuenchen

desperate for something that he can run on to get re-elected.

Nah, this applies more aptly to Hillary Clinton,
desperate to find something she can run on for a second stay in The White House.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Sadly I don't see what ammo Clinton could really gain from this IRS scandal, the GOP has a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease in regards to party platform, more serious than when democratic politicians have in any case.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Emphasizing partisan politics is a favorite game of those
who seek distraction from the real issues.

That is really what is at the heart of the IRS scandal,
the use of the IRS in a lawless manner to burden those
who sought to have a conservative voice in the political arena.

edit on 9-5-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Empasizing partisan politics is a favorite game of those who seek distraction from the real issues.

Also, Race is a longtime favorite way to distract.

These type of people are why nothing ever gets done.

Small minded people repeating the same mantra.

If people can't see both sides are corrupt by now....They will probably never get it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Tis true about that also.

Maybe it is just me, but maybe not...as of late many
of these politicians are appearing so phony, they are trying
hard to pull off a convincing act, but the decay is showing through.

Like as if they are lifeless but covered with a thin veener of "life"
that is wearing off.

I hope enough see it in time!

edit on 9-5-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

(post by DerbyGawker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by DerbyGawker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

oh I recognize both are corrupt..

do you?

You, and quite a few others who seem to be regulars in the news/politics section, seem to defend corporatist congresspersons as long as they're GOP. and condeming them only if they stray from party platform, or run contrary to it.
edit on 9-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

oh I recognize both are corrupt..

do you?

You, and quite a few others who seem to be regulars in the news/politics section, seem to defend corporatist congresspersons as long as they're GOP. and condeming them only if they stray from party platform, or run contrary to it.

I could care less about the GOP....Labels are dividing us.

I deeply love my Country and want my kid to live in a Country that's not 17 trillion in debt.

How can anybody in DC escape blame? To blame one party is dishonest.

Right now it's the current Administration that doesn't seem to honor our Constitution.

The other party is certainly just as corrupt.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

debt isn't really the issue; its deficit spending caused by a rediculous set of circumstances(high income inequality, wealth redistribution by way of corporatist policies that benefit the rich and the rich alone.); and a government who's legislature is so dependent on campaign financing that it cannot actually act to correct any of these circumstances without risking said campaign funds from the "national interests groups" (corporations).

I don't think constitutional Fundimentalism is the solution, we must think outside the box in terms of what is good for the majority of people, while acknowledging that a market can be fairly efficient if in the proper enviroment.

government is not good or bad, government is a tool; I say let this tool be of the people by the people and for the people as it should be (note I mean the majority of americans by "people"). for the last 20-30 years government has been hijacked by big-money interests (moreso than it was already), who have acted against the best interests of society.

It was regan, bush, clinton,etc. that allowed the unions to be broken up(big labor; depite the corruption, at least made the labor market fairly stable/prevented a surplus of labor from effecting the job security or wages of workers, and forced companies to pay more/offer more benefits than they otherwise would've ), and for tarriffs to be broken down in the name of "free trade", for the agencies that were meant to oversee and possibly prevent catastrophe being castrated as to be incompetent (EPA, ATF, other alphabet soup groups who have their funding cut, their agencies policy or leadership altered as to be ineffective and thus warranting further budget cuts or leadership changes).

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I would say this would have been 'great news'.

But the guy who is suppose to enforce the laws like the AG is also in contempt.

The US political, and Justice system in this country is a joke.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Holders contempt issues (he was actually found in contempt twice - Criminal and civil) are not going to go anywhere unless Congress appoints an independent investigation. The DOJ would be responsible for the criminal action and since holder is head of the DOJ it is not going to happen.

The civil contempt was genius in my opinion as it bypasses the DOJ and heads straight into court where the judge gets to make the determination.

Lois Lerner's contempt issue, again criminal, is not going to go anywhere under the DOJ. Congress has also stated they will not arrest Lois Lerner so for the time being she has the black cloud over her head and nothing else.

People should talk to their representatives and demand action.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join