It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your Golf Swing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why the hell not right? Maybe your best score too if you want. Show off a little. Feel free to talk about anything golf related.

I'll start, of course. This was a few years ago, during a lesson.

Here's ones a little more recent, although still a year or two ago.

I'll try and get a more recent one up. I feel as though my swing has changed considerably.

Like I said, post your own, critique mine, tell us what you've got in your bag, talk golf, whatever.

Edit:

I guess I'll post what's in my bag.

Titleist 909 D2 Driver
Titleist 910F 3 wood
Titleist 909H hybrid
Miura CB-501 irons (Love them)
Miura Y grind 51 and 60 wedges
Miura K grind 56 wedge
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter

All the irons have KBS 6.0 (stiff) shafts. The driver and the 3 wood both have an Aldila VS Proto "By You" 70-S shaft in them, and the hybrid has a Diamana Blueboard 80HY stiff flex. All grips except putter are the new Golf Pride multi-compound in white and black. I forget what grip is on the putter but it's just one of hose huge fat ones, forget the name, and I don't feel like going down again to check.

Bag:

Low score is 73 if I recall, and I believe it was at Maryland National, although I think an even more impressive score is when I shot 75 at the course right next to that, Musket Ridge, with 4 balls OB or lost. It was a par 72 if memory serves me. Same course I also shot 75 after a double on the first, (shanked the second shot right into the water. No warm up, lol) then bogeyed the third and pared out from there.
edit on 7-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Used to go to a driving range as a kid, the bloke in the armored golf buggy picking the balls up used to be our target.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

My best score would be +11 on a par 72 pro course...

7 pars.. 1 birdy...

I was proud...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Golf ruins a good walk.
And turns large tracts of land into chemofertilized lawn that could be put to much better use. Like Condos. The Documentary Caddyshack 2 taught me that.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
Used to go to a driving range as a kid, the bloke in the armored golf buggy picking the balls up used to be our target.

He always is.
The trick is to hit a nice stinger and give him a little jolt. Quite hard though.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Best scores: a four under and a three under (one each). Best individual hole: an albatross (but never a hole-in-one ... go figure). Best shot: 360 to the green (good back wind off an elevated tee) followed by a one-putt.

Bought a set of R9s a few years back, but even that couldn't motivate me to drive out to the course anymore. Screen golf was fun for a while and I enjoyed playing The Old Course at St Andrews the most.

My quirk: I've only ever owned one pair of golf shoes. LOL

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I just took up golf again about a year ago. Took a few lessons to get back into it. I played a lot as a kid and loved the game. Now I love it more than ever. I just shot an 82 at a course near my house. Great thing about Texas is there are courses everywhere!! Here is a somewhat recent video of my shot.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys

I just took up golf again about a year ago. Took a few lessons to get back into it. I played a lot as a kid and loved the game. Now I love it more than ever. I just shot an 82 at a course near my house. Great thing about Texas is there are courses everywhere!! Here is a somewhat recent video of my shot.

That's a sick a** driving range. Damn. They have a cool double decker one where I used to live, and still frequent because of relatives. They had lights for shooting at night, but none as sick as that.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't need to post a picture, as I can sum it up with one word: BAD. Or maybe terrible would be an even better word. But I am not an avid player. I actually haven't played in many years. And when I did play it was not often. I have probably spent more time on the driving range, total, than on the actual golf course as well. And considering there are no holes on the driving range, you can imagine how bad of a putter I am. I used to take my putter and go to the mini-golf course too, but that is not very good practice what from what I learned. The putting surface was too different. But maybe the mini-golf course that I used to frequent was just really bad, lol. Now if you want to talk about computer golf, I have an excellent swing...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Best scores: a four under and a three under (one each). Best individual hole: an albatross (but never a hole-in-one ... go figure).

That's impressive.

I've had a couple hole in ones, and more eagles than I can count, but could never get under par. It's like a mental barrier or something. I can consistently shoot in the 70's, and I've even shot under par for 9 holes, but I can't seem to break it on 18. I even shot 79 on a tough course I never played before to beat my cousin (every time we play he tries to beat me, but he's only done it once, and that was a forfeit of mine after 12 holes cuz I felt like sh!t), although he's getting better, and I doubt I'll be able to keep that up. He's been playing in a lot of tournaments, and apparently shoots mid 70's, so when I go up this summer it should be a challenge.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I got a hole in one at the driving range once... And of course wouldn't you know it, I was the only person at the range....

No proof, but its my little mental trophy

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

There's a bit of a trick to breaking par consistently. Play with players who are better than you, and never make a bet on a single hole.
My personal goal was to shoot no higher than two over. Scoring par on the first hole was key for me in mental relief, so keeping the drive in the fairway on that first shot was paramount.

When I was on my game my handicap was never lower than 4.17. I would have pressed for a tour card, but I was only just married and had a kid on the way. My better judgement prevailed and I probably enjoyed more celebrity at the local course than I would have as a pro.

I checked your swing. Have someone help you with your feet and legs. Trust me and you'll take five strokes off your game inside a year.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

There's a bit of a trick to breaking par consistently. Play with players who are better than you, and never make a bet on a single hole.
My personal goal was to shoot no higher than two over. Scoring par on the first hole was key for me in mental relief, so keeping the drive in the fairway on that first shot was paramount.

When I was on my game my handicap was never lower than 4.17. I would have pressed for a tour card, but I was only just married and had a kid on the way. My better judgement prevailed and I probably enjoyed more celebrity at the local course than I would have as a pro.

I checked your swing. Have someone help you with your feet and legs. Trust me and you'll take five strokes off your game inside a year.

I'll post a more recent one you can check out in a day or two. I think, at least, my swing has change a lot, for better or worse. Who knows. And yes, I have been told about the feet. However, if you look at early tiger, he also had his feet up similar to that, and that was when he was at his best. That being said, I've been working on it.

And yea, it might be easy to shoot good whilst playing with friends, but I played in a US open qualifier and let me tell you, the nerves REALLY get to you, especially if you're not used to playing in tournaments. I'm not even going to disclose what I shot. Let's just say it was embarrassing to say the least, and the guys I played with didn't even shoot good. It was all in my head.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I got a hole in one at the driving range once... And of course wouldn't you know it, I was the only person at the range....

At the range in my video. If you hole in one it. The manager comes out and pays you $1000.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys

originally posted by: Akragon

At the range in my video. If you hole in one it. The manager comes out and pays you $1000.

Yet another reason why that range is awesome....

Looks like I need to move to Texas.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Double post. Poopy.
edit on 8-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here's a couple swings I took today. Took me forever to get them on to my computer from my phone. Jesus.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Any improvement in the new one? I know the angle of the camera is a bit off, but I think I'm swinging better this year, I just need to bring it all together. BTW, I didn't realize this until recently, but youtube lets you slow down the playback of the video under the settings tab too.

Keep in mind I was wearing slippers, lol.
edit on 24-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

LOL

Slippers do a number on your finish don't they? You're already too good for any help I could offer unless we were out on a range ... and even then ...

I like that set-up you've got there in your garage. My apt complex has one that 'looks' snazzier, but my driver hits the ceiling if I follow through.

-Cheers mate!! Hope you're getting some time in on the course this weekend.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

LOL

Slippers do a number on your finish don't they? You're already too good for any help I could offer unless we were out on a range ... and even then ...

I like that set-up you've got there in your garage. My apt complex has one that 'looks' snazzier, but my driver hits the ceiling if I follow through.

-Cheers mate!! Hope you're getting some time in on the course this weekend.

Yeah, I'm playing every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday in team play at my local club, and I'm thinking about playing Wednesdays and Fridays too. I played today and shot 81 on a par 72. Hit them awesome all day, but nothing came together until the back nine. Shot 45 on the front and 36 on the back, lol. Oh well. I'll get good eventually. My problem is I actually hit the ball a little too far a lot of times, and it gives me an awkward distance into the green. Like 75 yards or something. It's like, if I choke up on a lob wedge it'll still fly the green. So many missed birdies or bogeys because of stupid crap like that. Also my miss is a hook. I think I have too strong a grip, but that's what let's me hit it so solid when I do catch it.

And the slippers are fairly grippy.

And yeah, I've got 9 foot ceilings but I'm afraid to hit the driver as well. I can, but it get's pretty close. Strange, the only two things I didn't practice all winter were the diver and the putter, and those are the two things I'm hitting the best, lol. I'm starting to hit almost everything decent by now though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join