It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Call Protestors “Racists” for Holding Up the American Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I live in a border city, and I see the word "racist" thrown around so often and so casually when it comes to Mexico and the people from said country. I've been wondering for quite a while now when people will learn the difference between race and nationality. They are two separate things. If someone can educate me as to how one can be racist against a country or those from it, please do so. Ireland, for example.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another example of wild and over-zealous reactions by Liberals.

This time they can't stand somebody waving an American Flag in support of the U.S.A. identity at a recent protest over the banning of U.S. Flag t-shirts in a school district on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo).

Nothing wrong with the Mexicans supporting their heritage, but I don't agree with suppressing Americans.

Liberals are always the first ones to bleat about how important tolerance is, yet they’re shockingly intolerant of anything they disagree with. Case in point: Tea Partiers are protesting a school district’s decision to not allow students to wear American flags on Cinco de Mayo for fear of offending Mexican students — and being called racists because of it

Liberals Call Protestors “Racists” for Holding Up the American Flag

The story has some interesting Twitter and comment posts.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjax9er
I'll give the first person a cookie, who can tell me what " cinco de mayo" is.

Hint. It is not Mexican Independence Day.

It's mostly a United States thing, not Mexico. Another excuse to party. It's almost non-existent in Mexico. Not sure the whole, gist, that's all I know. Oh, Independence Day in Mexico is 9/16.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Liberal pathological ideology is out of control, and this story once again demonstrates that if there is a political party that threatens basic freedoms, it is the left-wing whacko's in the Democratic party who support this type of anti-American garbage. It does't matter if its Cinco de Mayo, or ground hog day, or Christmas Day.
What's next - American Flag t-shirts not permitted or tolerated on the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor for fear that Japanese Americans might be offended? Or no American flag T-shirts on 9/11 anniversary, for fear of offending Islamists extremists in the U.S.A.? Absolute ignorance and stupidity immediately come to mind.

If American children want to wear t-shirts with the American flag on it, for goodness sakes, they are Americans and should wear the stars and stripes anytime they want, and wherever they want.

The so-called "political correctness" and the "nobody can be offended" hysteria has run amok. I sense the American People are getting awfully tired from such non-sense and kooky thinking by some that want to try and control the freedoms we have as Americans.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

i'm a liberal and I don't think it's racist.....but feel free to lump all liberals into one bunch, and we'll continue to do likewise, if it makes you feel better

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: rickynews

i'm a liberal and I don't think it's racist.....but feel free to lump all liberals into one bunch, and we'll continue to do likewise, if it makes you feel better

jimmyx, I'm not lumping you all together. I was careful to mention that there are those "whacks" in the left-wing of the Democratic party. Frankly, I think many Democrats all across the country are quite embarrassed when they hear stories like this. I'm actually embarrassed for many of my Democrat friends, as they roll their eyes on their own party's extreme views and standpoints as this.

In other words, there are Democrats, and there are Republicans, and then there are just plain whacko's.
edit on 9-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

(Source w/ more stats)

I wish charts like this didn't even exist. I see no reason to even label people by "race". Race wouldn't even be a topic if people weren't constantly bombarded with it, mainly as political fodder these days. Oddly, still the ones who constantly talk about it are the ones accusing everyone of being racist. *sigh* Maybe if/when accusations of "racism" are taken out of politics we can finally see an end to it and FINALLY start focusing on the real issues.

This was a case of provocation, apparently by both sides so the school intervened. Sounds like immaturity coming from a bunch of kids. I don't think racism has anything to do with it from either side, including the tea-partiers waving American flags.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Is the flag the thing in question here, or the anti-Mexican heritage demonstration intent behind it?
Were these people there the day before, or after CDM? What exactly what their purpose.
It was racist..the flag didn't make it racist, the intent behind those standing there did..
"hey, but all I was doing was flying this pretty indian symbol of the swastika next to the jewish memorial service...can't a man just happily fly some indian symbols without being labelled a racist?!! shesh!!!"
absurdly disingenuous strawman argument.
But hey..keep it up. the right wing is totally winning over the youth vote with their "its totally not racist" stuff.

So let me see if I understand this, you come here illegally, have children paid for with our tax dollars, enjoy the freedoms our country has to offer, work and make money illegally, send the money back to your own country, use the medical system here bankrupting the California hospital system, celebrate a holiday from your country, and my kid can't even wear a tee shirt with a flag on it and I am racist because I am holding a flag outside of the school of my home country in support of my child? Then you have the audacity to bring up Nazi's? Are you "F"ing kidding? You obviously are just trying to start something, no one is this ignorant or stupid. This kind of liberalism is the cancer that infects this country.

Why would you think any/every latino is an illegal?

Every black must, in your world, be a gangster, every Italian part of the mob, every irish a drunk, every etc...

what a tiny, tiny little black and white world you live in.

Another poster that simply is not worth discussing with...have a more productive time planting seeds in a sandpit than discuss with someone who thinks all people celebrating heritage must be illegal.

Oktoberfest must be very confusing to you with all the Nazi's everywhere.

Maybe because there are over 12 million of them in the US and being a 53 year resident of Kalifornia I have a little experience. Are you so ignorant you think none of this goes on? Illegals and Democrats have turned the tenth largest economy in the world into a shambles. Get real I have lived it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Maybe I'm unclear on something, since when is it a sacred, enshrined right to celebrate foreign nationalistic holidays on American soil? If Latinos wish to celebrate cinco de Mayo that is fine, but why on earth are we attempting to prevent anyone from displaying a US flag shirt?

Things are getting so strange in the US. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some new legislation that allows foreign born people to miss school and work for their home countries holidays.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Is the flag the thing in question here, or the anti-Mexican heritage demonstration intent behind it?
Were these people there the day before, or after CDM? What exactly what their purpose.
It was racist..the flag didn't make it racist, the intent behind those standing there did..
"hey, but all I was doing was flying this pretty indian symbol of the swastika next to the jewish memorial service...can't a man just happily fly some indian symbols without being labelled a racist?!! shesh!!!"
absurdly disingenuous strawman argument.
But hey..keep it up. the right wing is totally winning over the youth vote with their "its totally not racist" stuff.

So let me see if I understand this, you come here illegally, have children paid for with our tax dollars, enjoy the freedoms our country has to offer, work and make money illegally, send the money back to your own country, use the medical system here bankrupting the California hospital system, celebrate a holiday from your country, and my kid can't even wear a tee shirt with a flag on it and I am racist because I am holding a flag outside of the school of my home country in support of my child? Then you have the audacity to bring up Nazi's? Are you "F"ing kidding? You obviously are just trying to start something, no one is this ignorant or stupid. This kind of liberalism is the cancer that infects this country.

Why would you think any/every latino is an illegal?

Every black must, in your world, be a gangster, every Italian part of the mob, every irish a drunk, every etc...

what a tiny, tiny little black and white world you live in.

Another poster that simply is not worth discussing with...have a more productive time planting seeds in a sandpit than discuss with someone who thinks all people celebrating heritage must be illegal.

Oktoberfest must be very confusing to you with all the Nazi's everywhere.

Maybe because there are over 12 million of them in the US and being a 53 year resident of Kalifornia I have a little experience. Are you so ignorant you think none of this goes on? Illegals and Democrats have turned the tenth largest economy in the world into a shambles. Get real I have lived it.

Listen up you racist pos. not every brown person is a criminal, get over yourself

I didn't say anything about illegal immigration, the topic is about this event, this school, and these inbred rednecks waving the flag specifically to disrespect the people who are simply celebrating their heritage (yes, go effin figure, some people weren't born in the US, yet they are still human beings)

I lived in the UK for awhile. During the 4th, and Thanksgiving, I celebrated my little heritage holidays...luckily the attitude over there wasn't like your redneck ass and they weren't throwing the british flag in my face telling me to love it or leave it...they were actually decent people who let me have my little celebration recognition of my homeland in peace.

Don't talk to me..this ain't your klan meeting, and your not a human worth knowing in any fashion...
You're the illegal one here if you ask a actual native American.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Are you somehow equating an American flag with a swastika-bearing flag? How? The intent of the protestors aside, the American flag is not comparable to a Nazi flag. Certainly not when flown within its own countrys borders, what are you talking about?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

Are you somehow equating an American flag with a swastika-bearing flag? How? The intent of the protestors aside, the American flag is not comparable to a Nazi flag. Certainly not when flown within its own countrys borders, what are you talking about?

I have said over and over in this thread that the intent behind is what the issue is.

the Nazi flag is only bad because of the Nazi's, otherwise, it was just a swastika, which is an indian good luck symbol...its the twits who wield it and why they are doing it that makes something go from nice to nasty.

read the first page. I am done explaining this. people are now being willfully dense.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Look at the intent here, it's not to be patriotic.

On the flip side it angers me that wearing an American flag is ever an issue in America, but I certainly see the school administrations reasoning behind the ban. It's about safety of the student body. I don't blame the administration. I blame dirtbags, the kind that may take issue and start shooting at kids wearing American flags.

There is a very real danger here. It's not like letting some irritating atheists wear flying spaghetti monster shirts near Christmas. This is more akin to a dress code banning gang colors. Yes, I think that it's a tragedy the American flag would cause this sort of issue IN AMERICA. That's not the school's fault. Frankly if anyone is to blame it's the idiot kids that want to have a mini protest and the dirtbag gangbangers.
You basically said what was I was going to say, but better. Some people really need to learn how to raise their children.
edit on 9-5-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
lol totally racist, cant even hide that fact. why protest a semi-holiday other than to show hate? watch out Hanukkah, thats how holocausts start. good to know nationalism isn't very popular
edit on 9-5-2014 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Nobody should be able to celebrate any friggin holiday.

Hell let's ban all holidays. Then there will be no persons offended.

This politically correct nonsense is way out of hand.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Isn't it racist to equate a nationality with any single race?

I am not trying to take your question out of any context as it is a stand-alone question. But if it is racist to "equate a nationality with any single race," then Israel is racist. The US on the other hand is made up of many races of people and therefore the flag is equating nationality with many races.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

and you've gotten it all wrong(again)

they're not waving the flag, to disrespect the mexicans...they're waving the flag, and protesting, in response to an idiotic policy that bans the display of the american flag by itself, or on clothing.

that's what's being protested here....the banning of the american flag.....in america.....

since you lived in england for a while, lemme put it this way.....imagine if a school in england, with a large amount of american students, wanted to celebrate the 4th of july. now imagine that the school banned the display of the union jack, AND St George's Cross, but allowed the american kids to display their flag, and whatever.....would you fault people for protesting, and flying the jack and cross?

would that make them "racist" against americans?
edit on 10-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

lol, how ignorant....

you obviously didn't read the article, or the rest of the thread...lemme bring you up to speed.

contrary to what some posters are saying, they're not protesting the holiday(it's a recognized, sanctioned, official american holiday), they're not protesting it's observance, and they're not protesting the people observing it....

they are protesting the idiotic policy by the school, that bans the display of the american flag, in america....that's what's being protested here....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You're still completely wrong, waving an American flag on American soil is not a racist or hateful act. The protesters may be in the wrong, it's fine for you to disagree with them. But to equate the display of an American flag on US soil as a hateful act is incorrect. Now if I was in Hiroshima, Japan on Hiroshima day and was waving an American flag in peoples faces, that could be construed as hateful.

I think latinos in the US are really doing a pretty good job of honoring their history while also embracing the American ideology and everything entailed by that. But this is still the USA, and we only have to go so far in regards to officially respecting/sanctioning other nationalities holidays. I think the only problem any Americans had with this whole situation was the banning of US flag shirts. Otherwise I think this would have been a nonissue.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Insanity Alert: Wearing an American Flag by anyone is not being a racist.

Lets Be Real.

edit on 10-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Who wants to get behind this idea with me? The words ni**er, colored, etc. are basically banned. So lets ban a few more. Racist, racism, bigot, etc. Maybe if we decide that those words themselves are racist...we can end the racism pushed by black-profiteers and liberals. Take away their nuclear option and lets get back to being the American people. Then...after we are all on the same side...lets tear down this out-of-control federal government, hang the traitors from the highest trees and return power to the states where it belongs.

Then...we can all look back and realize that is was our fault it got so bad. And never go back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join