It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Call Protestors “Racists” for Holding Up the American Flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Galvatron
I didn't know Mexicans were a race. Are people really dumb enough to think this ought to stick? An Acquaintance of mine is Mexican, he looks Irish, his grand parents are Irish, but he's Mexican. Genetically he is very close to myself. My ethnicity is from the British Isles, yet if I say I dislike Mexicans, I'm somehow racist?

Mexican is a nationality, not a race. To find disagreement with a person of a certain nationality because of that nationality is prejudice, but not racist.

Do people just not understand their own language anymore or have I taken crazy pills?

i've been saying this for YEARS.....there's no such thing as "racism"...unless i'm not getting all my memos, and the aliens really have landed....

there are different ethnicities, but they are all equally human. dislike of a specific group, because of ethnicity, is bigotry, and prejudicial, but it's not "racism", as that would imply they are something other than human...

nobody wants to hear that though...."racist" is a great buzz word, that really gets people's hackles up, so it gets misused like a motherf**ker....kinda like "fascist", and "fascism"

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Look at the intent here, it's not to be patriotic.

On the flip side it angers me that wearing an American flag is ever an issue in America, but I certainly see the school administrations reasoning behind the ban. It's about safety of the student body. I don't blame the administration. I blame dirtbags, the kind that may take issue and start shooting at kids wearing American flags.

There is a very real danger here. It's not like letting some irritating atheists wear flying spaghetti monster shirts near Christmas. This is more akin to a dress code banning gang colors. Yes, I think that it's a tragedy the American flag would cause this sort of issue IN AMERICA. That's not the school's fault. Frankly if anyone is to blame it's the idiot kids that want to have a mini protest and the dirtbag gangbangers.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
do you actually think, before you begin typing?

Clearly not in such a commoner method as yourself.

If your unable to comprehend the multiple layers involved in this discussion, then no, you wouldn't be able to understand what I am pointing out,
but that's fine. I bet your good at barbecuing stuff. Who needs deep socio-political considerations about veiled bigotry when you can make some bangin steaks, right?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

lol, i don't know why i expected a serious reply from you...

this is your SOP...if you can't come up with an actual reply to what's said to you, you sidestep, and make a bunch of dumbass remarks, whilst thinking you're witty....

who needs facts and reality, when you can make s**t up, and toss around dumbass remarks, right? -rolls eyes-
edit on 7-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

nobody wants to hear that though...."racist" is a great buzz word, that really gets people's hackles up, so it gets misused like a motherf**ker....kinda like "fascist", and "fascism"

Its Bigotry if we are being grammatically correct. Racism has become a use all word for any and all forms of intolerance (waiting for it to replace sexism also).

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

which is infuriatingly annoying to anyone with a firm grasp of the english language...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

lol, i don't know why i expected a serious reply from you...

this is your SOP...if you can't come up with an actual reply to what's said to you, you sidestep, and make a bunch of dumbass remarks, whilst thinking you're witty....

who needs facts and reality, when you can make s**t up, and toss around dumbass remarks, right? -rolls eyes-

I think the reply is simple enough for you to comprehend
If you couldn't understand what I said in my first post, there is little need to further a discussion with you.
You simply don't get it.
Blind to it? willful blocking, who knows, who cares, many others understood it, therefore I will discuss and debate with them...
but you simply don't comprehend...so, meh...you can't teach a cat physics, why bother trying.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

which is infuriatingly annoying to anyone with a firm grasp of the english language...

Coming from an agnostic-atheist (who on this website is condensed down to just an atheist, because agnostic has become its own thing for some reason), I hear ya.
but hey, is this English class, or a philosophical debate.
Get over it and hear was is being said verses how its being spoken would be my suggestion.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I think the reply is simple enough for you to comprehend
If you couldn't understand what I said in my first post, there is little need to further a discussion with you.
You simply don't get it.
Blind to it? willful blocking, who knows, who cares, many others understood it, therefore I will discuss and debate with them...
but you simply don't comprehend...so, meh...you can't teach a cat physics, why bother trying.

i comprehended just fine...the problem was that your reply was a non-reply...

you sidestepped everything i said, and instead, decided to imply i'm stupid, and that i don't understand anything, and then there was the idiocy about the grilling of meats....

discussing your insane statements only with other insane people who agree with you, doesn't make your statements any less insane...

are you really so afraid of being proven wrong, that you'd rather just have an echo chamber circle jerk, instead of an actual discussion, where your statements are challenged?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Coming from an agnostic-atheist (who on this website is condensed down to just an atheist, because agnostic has become its own thing for some reason), I hear ya.
but hey, is this English class, or a philosophical debate.

it's neither...it's a discussion about an idiotic, politically-correct(see: brainless) policy, and the moronic PC overreaction to the people protesting it.

Get over it and hear was is being said verses how its being spoken would be my suggestion.

sacrificing intellectual honesty, and reality, for the sake of conversational expediency, is NEVER the sensible course of action...it's how we got to this point in the first place.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'll give the first person a cookie, who can tell me what " cinco de mayo" is.

Hint. It is not Mexican Independence Day.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I sometimes have to look and check I'm on ATS and haven't been redirected to stormfront.
Every day it gets worse on here and every day there are new threads that wouldn't be out of place on sites like stormfront.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjax9er
I'll give the first person a cookie, who can tell me what " cinco de mayo" is.

Hint. It is not Mexican Independence Day.

It's to celebrate Mexicos victory over the French. It's also known as the Anniversary of the Battle of Puebla. No where is my cookie.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Is the flag the thing in question here, or the anti-Mexican heritage demonstration intent behind it?
Were these people there the day before, or after CDM? What exactly what their purpose.
It was racist..the flag didn't make it racist, the intent behind those standing there did..
"hey, but all I was doing was flying this pretty indian symbol of the swastika next to the jewish memorial service...can't a man just happily fly some indian symbols without being labelled a racist?!! shesh!!!"
absurdly disingenuous strawman argument.
But hey..keep it up. the right wing is totally winning over the youth vote with their "its totally not racist" stuff.

So let me see if I understand this, you come here illegally, have children paid for with our tax dollars, enjoy the freedoms our country has to offer, work and make money illegally, send the money back to your own country, use the medical system here bankrupting the California hospital system, celebrate a holiday from your country, and my kid can't even wear a tee shirt with a flag on it and I am racist because I am holding a flag outside of the school of my home country in support of my child? Then you have the audacity to bring up Nazi's? Are you "F"ing kidding? You obviously are just trying to start something, no one is this ignorant or stupid. This kind of liberalism is the cancer that infects this country.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Is the flag the thing in question here, or the anti-Mexican heritage demonstration intent behind it?
Were these people there the day before, or after CDM? What exactly what their purpose.
It was racist..the flag didn't make it racist, the intent behind those standing there did..
"hey, but all I was doing was flying this pretty indian symbol of the swastika next to the jewish memorial service...can't a man just happily fly some indian symbols without being labelled a racist?!! shesh!!!"
absurdly disingenuous strawman argument.
But hey..keep it up. the right wing is totally winning over the youth vote with their "its totally not racist" stuff.

So let me see if I understand this, you come here illegally, have children paid for with our tax dollars, enjoy the freedoms our country has to offer, work and make money illegally, send the money back to your own country, use the medical system here bankrupting the California hospital system, celebrate a holiday from your country, and my kid can't even wear a tee shirt with a flag on it and I am racist because I am holding a flag outside of the school of my home country in support of my child? Then you have the audacity to bring up Nazi's? Are you "F"ing kidding? You obviously are just trying to start something, no one is this ignorant or stupid. This kind of liberalism is the cancer that infects this country.

Why would you think any/every latino is an illegal?

Every black must, in your world, be a gangster, every Italian part of the mob, every irish a drunk, every etc...

what a tiny, tiny little black and white world you live in.

Another poster that simply is not worth discussing with...have a more productive time planting seeds in a sandpit than discuss with someone who thinks all people celebrating heritage must be illegal.

Oktoberfest must be very confusing to you with all the Nazi's everywhere.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
I sometimes have to look and check I'm on ATS and haven't been redirected to stormfront.
Every day it gets worse on here and every day there are new threads that wouldn't be out of place on sites like stormfront.

I think the same thing every time I visit this place these days.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

what the hell is "stormfront", and what the hell are you two talking about?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wills120

Yes but they hide behind liberalism, and liberals need to understand that. Most of them don't.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
None of this makes sense. The 5th of may is a Mexican holiday. It has no relevance hear just like The 4rth of July has no relevance in Mexico. It is a national holiday, not an ethnic holiday. The 4rth of July isn't a white holiday or a European holiday, it is a national US holiday for all US citizens. Likewise the fifth of may is not an ethnic Mexican holiday but a national Mexican holiday for all Mexican citizens, yes even white ones.

All of this racial crap is just for show in order to further divide people into invented fictional categories (liberal, conservative, left, right, nationalist, socioalist). In truth we are all individuals and I would bet that no two people on the planet would be in 100% agreement on everything. These labels are divisive. People never have and never will agree on everything but we used to be able to agree to disagree and just live and let live.

The ridiculous actions of the school are just meant to fan flames that are barely existent. If there are gang problems and the school fears violence, than they should expel the violent thugs from the school and leave the innocent children alone. There are plenty of laws in place to deal with people of that mindset.

We the people are not border patrol agents who are ordered and expected to run and cower from or in this case conform to the will of violent thugs. Why punish the many in order to protect a few gangster wannabees. Let the students wear the flag and than prosecute any one who breaks the law because of it I say.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: begoodbees

actually, it is an officially observed, and sanctioned, AMERICAN holliday.....

it commemorates a mexican victory against the french, who were moving in to support the confederates during the american civil war...so you can see why southerners might not like it so much, lol

in any event, you're right, all of this "racial" crap really is a total waste...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join