Liberals Call Protestors “Racists” for Holding Up the American Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+10 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Another example of wild and over-zealous reactions by Liberals.

This time they can't stand somebody waving an American Flag in support of the U.S.A. identity at a recent protest over the banning of U.S. Flag t-shirts in a school district on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo).

Nothing wrong with the Mexicans supporting their heritage, but I don't agree with suppressing Americans.

Liberals are always the first ones to bleat about how important tolerance is, yet they’re shockingly intolerant of anything they disagree with. Case in point: Tea Partiers are protesting a school district’s decision to not allow students to wear American flags on Cinco de Mayo for fear of offending Mexican students — and being called racists because of it

Liberals Call Protestors “Racists” for Holding Up the American Flag

The story has some interesting Twitter and comment posts.

+24 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Is the flag the thing in question here, or the anti-Mexican heritage demonstration intent behind it?

Were these people there the day before, or after CDM? What exactly what their purpose.

It was racist..the flag didn't make it racist, the intent behind those standing there did..

"hey, but all I was doing was flying this pretty indian symbol of the swastika next to the jewish memorial service...can't a man just happily fly some indian symbols without being labelled a racist?!! shesh!!!"

absurdly disingenuous strawman argument.

But hey..keep it up. the right wing is totally winning over the youth vote with their "its totally not racist" stuff.

+10 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They were flying it in support of the students who were told they couldn't wear an American flag on Cinco de Mayo. One of those students was Hispanic, btw, but showing support for them is racist ... OK.

Sometimes I think what racism really means and what people choose to think it means are two different things.
edit on 7-5-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Isn't it racist to equate a nationality with any single race?

White people make up 30% of the Mexican population. Spanish is a white European language.

It is interesting that the percentage of white people in Mexico is twice the percentage of black people in the US but most progressives still equate being Mexican with one race when thy scream racism.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The only reply I can think of has the words, "upset, leave, and country" in it.

So it's probably racist, and I shouldn't say it, but we're talking about a flag, of a country, we're in. Not seeing how that's racist.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is the demographic breakdown from Wikipedia.

Major ethnic: Mestizo (mixed Spaniard and Amerindian ancestry)- 60%, White- 30%, Amerindian- 10%
en.wikipedia.org...

In my mind, it is just as ignorant and bigoted to assume "real Mexicans" are brown as it is to assume "real Americans" are white.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
People love to whip out the racist card entirely to much these days and really have no clue whatsoever on what is being actually talked about.

The school does have racial and gang related problems. One official even stated that he backed the ban on wearing shirts with the American Flag on them because the school was afraid that it would spark violence among the Hispanic students.

Remember, when you point a finger at some one, there are three pointing right back at you.

The entire thing is silly in my opinion, there are much better things to get angry about.

+4 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ah xuenchen....

every day it seems there's something new for you to whine about

SaturnFX makes an excellent Point in anycase

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

ah xuenchen....

every day it seems there's something new for you to whine about

SaturnFX makes an excellent Point in anycase

You may call it whining, good sir. I call it a keen sense of observation.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why can't we simply disagree and protest anymore?

Why has it come down to hatred on either side?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wonder how many American flags are bandied about when it is Columbus day? St. Patty's day?

Wait, those predominantly white holidays and we know that answer. That's my bad.

I wonder, would it be okay to bandy about the Mexican Flag on Indpenedence Day? Constitution Day?

Derek

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Why can't we simply disagree and protest anymore?

Why has it come down to hatred on either side?

Because the 'divide and conquer' is working better than we thought.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy
St Patricks day is...sorta kinda close to the example.
but it would be closer to Oktoberfest actually for better example

If someone was waving a flag around as part of the german American culture, sure, have at it
if someone was waving the flag around to suggest americans are a greater culture than germans..then yeah, there is an issue there, and could be considered racist (or bigoted at least)

Its the intent behind an action that demonstrates its true purpose...the flag is the prop and neutral by nature.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy
Plenty of US flags are bandied about at every St. Patricks and (increasingly vanishing) Columbus Day parade I ever attended.

cdn.newsday.com...!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.JPG
edit on 7-5-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I want to point something out here. These are not liberals in the classic sense, they are progressives. The problem in this country is not between liberals and conservatives, it's accelerating authoritarianism, collectivism, and so-called "social justice" at the hands of authoritarian progressives.

Playing the race card is the current MO for the Progressive movement. Progressives are using shame, derision, misdirection in an attempt to stifle any and all debate or twist any situation away from a common-sense solution. If we're going to stop these people, we need to focus on who and what they are: progressive authoritarians....not liberals.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
Wonder how many American flags are bandied about when it is Columbus day? St. Patty's day?

Wait, those predominantly white holidays and we know that answer. That's my bad.

I wonder, would it be okay to bandy about the Mexican Flag on Indpenedence Day? Constitution Day?

Derek

Considering that the following are part of the official guidelines for marching in the New York St. Patty's Day parade:

1. All units must have two (2) flags. Irish & American flags or no flags at all. NO EXCEPTIONS!! An American flag on the right and an Irish flag on the left.

I'd say the issue here is a matter of lack of willingness to assimilate to the country they find themselves in more than racism on the part of the natives. I see no reason why Cinco de Mayo shouldn't be treated like St. Patrick's Day is with both flags.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm skeptical that any of the parties involved even know what Cinco de Mayo is celebrated for because from my perspective it just looks like everyone is making whatever they want to up so they can get the reaction they want.

Absolutely none of this from the school, the kids, the protestors has anything to do with Mexico beating back the French (temporarily) or the proxy affect it had on the Civil War.

Unless the kids celebrating Mexicos rebellion to foreign dominance are saying the US is the new France? That's the only application I can think of.

I doubt they'd put that much thought into it.

I'm pretty sure just like every other day of historical significance it's been reduced to simply being an excuse to get drunk.
edit on 7-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Your source (right wing news) should be called right WHINE news.

People get called racist. It happens. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it not. So what? Can you take it?

The purpose of the demonstration (wearing flag shirts on Cinco De Mayo) probably was a bit racist, or at least just nasty and confrontational. If they're going to go out of their way to make the statement, "This is the USA and my country is better than yours" on the ONE DAY a year that Mexico is celebrated here... they probably are racist.

If they act like that, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE is probably going to call them out. I say they should quit whining and take their medicine.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Your source (right wing news) should be called right WHINE news.

People get called racist. It happens. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it not. So what? Can you take it?

The purpose of the demonstration (wearing flag shirts on Cinco De Mayo) probably was a bit racist, or at least just nasty and confrontational. If they're going to go out of their way to make the statement, "This is the USA and my country is better than yours" on the ONE DAY a year that Mexico is celebrated here... they probably are racist.

If they act like that, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE is probably going to call them out. I say they should quit whining and take their medicine.

You clearly believe this is racist. Which race do you believe this alleged racism is directed towards?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
You clearly believe this is racist.

I do not. It may have been, probably was... it was nasty and confrontational. Did you read my post?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join