Harry Reid -> ‘Multizillionaire’ Koch Brothers Are The ‘Main Cause’ of Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Harry Reid is at it again.

Now he claims the Koch Brothers are the main cause of climate change !!

Harry is really pouring it on lately.

Never a dull moment with this guy is there.

I swear he's losing it.

But then again, Harry is not up for re-election this year, so he can volunteer as the main scapegoat and afford to be the court jester.

But I still think he's crazier than a loon.

And Harry also thinks the Koch Brothers are secretly behind the Benghazi investigation too !!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) continued his deranged, one-man crusade against the Koch brothers on Wednesday, accusing the libertarian philanthropists of being the “main cause” of climate change.

“The multizillionaire Koch brothers,” Reid said, are “the two richest people in the world,” and are primarily to blame for what some liberals refer to as “climate change.”

“They are one of the main causes of [climate change],” Reid said. “Not a cause, the main cause.”

FACT CHECK: Harry Reid Says ‘Multizillionaire’ Koch Brothers Are The ‘Main Cause’ of Climate Change

Harry Reid: Koch Brothers One Of The 'Main Causes' of Climate Change
link to youtube

"I *Hate* the Koch Brothers !"

edit on May-07-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe he was talking about change in the political climate?
edit on 7-5-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

No.

Harry referenced pollution and oil etc.

But then again, Harry is delusional I think.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Don't care for the messenger, but what about the message? Is there any truth to this and could it not be defined as a major cause and not the main? Those are pretty influential numbers. I realize they did not cause the climate change, but their contribution to distorting truth certainly seems effective in the debate.
edit on 7-5-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Politics is never about Facts,

Is about being ballsy enough to ignore them and bald face lie, while having the stones to ignore the responses when your proven wrong.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I am sure a retiring politician whom has nothing much to gain, the global scientific consensus, and the hard facts anyone can research is wrong and the super billionaire Koch's are totally without any blame.

At least half of ATS's motto is at work here
Deny....
edit on 7-5-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i'm no fan of the kochs, but they're not the cause of climate change....

"climate change" is just a normal cycle the earth goes through...but the government, and certain corporate interests would have you believe that we are responsible for it....they perpetuate this myth, in order to sell us products, and enact laws, and restrictions, and taxes....

do i think we have had a negative impact on the environment? yes...we've done so much, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to have NOT had SOME negative impact on the environment....are we causing global warming/cooling? no...no, we are not.

harry reid is a f**king psycho..
edit on 7-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimist
Every person, business on the planet has some influence on ozone "holes", but primary cause of temperature rising is a gradually expanding sun and earth.

TPTB know this, but hide it too further serve their agenda's...right?
edit on 7-5-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
i'm no fan of the kochs, but they're not the cause of climate change....

"climate change" is just a normal cycle the earth goes through...
do i think we have had a negative impact on the environment? yes...

....are we causing global warming/cooling? no...no, we are not.

Whatever makes you feel better I guess...must be difficult admitting we are screwing things up, then at the same time suggesting we haven't done anything to screw things up. that's some serious mental gymnastics.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Agreed, but the op is about Reid's claim that Koch bros contribution is "main cause" figuratively, and imo, their funding has played a major influence on the information put out or withheld, so in this case specifically, yes the Koch bros played a big part regarding climate change information. Main cause? I would say no, but funding certainly influences policy and following their money leads to major distortion of truth regarding this issue.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: speculativeoptimist
Every person, business on the planet has some influence on ozone "holes", but primary cause of temperature rising is a gradually expanding sun and earth.

TPTB know this, but hide it too further serve their agenda's...right?

If they hide it, how do you know of it?
If its been leaked, how then does everyone not know of it?

Maybe the planets ecosystem becoming unstable is caused by center earth dragons waking up!

-stars pls-
edit on 7-5-2014 by SaturnFX because: added dragons

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

you have a comprehension problem.

i never said we're screwing things up, while also saying we're not screwing things up....

do you REALLY need me to break it down into little bitty pieces for you?

if so, just say when, and i'll go get us a room in the pit..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

you have a comprehension problem.

i never said we're screwing things up, while also saying we're not screwing things up....

do you REALLY need me to break it down into little bitty pieces for you?

if so, just say when, and i'll go get us a room in the pit..

If you didn't say that (paraphrased of course), then you may need to rewrite what you wrote, because that is exactly what you said.
Let me quote you what you said, then show you what...you said:

do i think we have had a negative impact on the environment? yes...we've done so much, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to have NOT had SOME negative impact on the environment

aka, we are screwing up the environment
and then:

are we causing global warming/cooling? no...no, we are not.

aka, we are not screwing up the environment.
The environment includes the air
it is an absolute fact that greenhouse gases trap energy into the earth. it is an absolute fact that these energies are responsible for melting ice caps, droughts, superstorms, etc.
You have cognitive dissidence on this issue. Time to sit back and figure out exactly what is it you believe

because ultimately the only thing your saying is that screwing the biosphere has no effect on the biosphere

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OK, so according to Harry Reid, all we have to do to solve Climate Change once and for all is kill the Koch Brothers? Really?

If that's all I have to do to never, ever hear anyone whine about it again ... I might be tempted.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

o wait.....this is already in the pit....i could have sworn it was in breaking news...meh, whatever...

gimmie a few to type up a proper reply
edit on 7-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Multizillionaire? Is that meant to make his $10million seem paltry by comparison? A tenfold+ increase in his net worth since becoming a "public servant", by the way.

edit on 7-5-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I find it amusing that the left criticized the right for running campaigns "against" Obamacare etc.

Isn't this what the left is doing?

Never mind that they've held the presidency and the Senate majority, or that up until 2 years ago they had the House, apparently everything is still Bush's fault or the Koch brothers fault.

I didn't realize that for the past 6 years, the Koch brothers and Bush and the republicans still ran America!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

No.

Harry referenced pollution and oil etc.

But then again, Harry is delusional I think.

Hey..

Don't destroy anti west conspiracy theorists propaganda in its infancy

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I find it amusing that the left criticized the right for running campaigns "against" Obamacare etc.

Isn't this what the left is doing?

Never mind that they've held the presidency and the Senate majority, or that up until 2 years ago they had the House, apparently everything is still Bush's fault or the Koch brothers fault.

I didn't realize that for the past 6 years, the Koch brothers and Bush and the republicans still ran America!

They can't blame everything on Bush anymore, so they're testing the new meme - Blame the Kochs, Koch Brothers did it!

It's funny. Supposedly they created the TEA Party and paid us all off, but if so, I'm still waiting for my pay checks.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good start X...F&S again. When money argues, parties and truth don't matter anymore.
The best we can do is look at where the tax revenue will go-- and pinpoint the party
we should be angry at.
A very germain thread to yours is from John Coleman's blog and "The Sky is Falling"
thing. I mean for the last twenty years if we don't stop using 'fossil fuels' (separate
issue) and carbonaceous dirt we'll wake up in Hell. Oh wait...

When a group of experts is funded by a group of greedier types, it starts to look
obvious. But when you depend on government or corporate funding to do your
research -- and you have to 'produce what we want' for results it's not science
anymore.

It hasn't been science through any stretch of the imagination since some group
of academics tried to tell me kerosene in any rate or purity of combustion could
melt ASTM1116 steel. Not this continuum Doc... in fact, not ever. You're not just fired:
I'd like to write the regents of the institution that gave you that higher degree of
certification in whatever it is you're spewing, and request they remove it from you.

When money and politics sufficiently corrupt science and truth you get this. I
propose a reinstatement of cruel and unusual punishment for those who betray
their public office or other lofty perch. You pick, I'm not that creative anymore...
but if my taxes again take a spike I may carry a few around instead of rope.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join