It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I feel we have passed any option of peace for change in America. People are being arrested for the most minor crimes...laws are being stretched to include everyone and everything possible to generate more revenue....you vote for complete strangers and if you are a candidate that goes against the grain you get no coverage. Voting is not an option.

For America to change for the better it needs outside interference or a coup de ta from within from either our military or our people. If you are happy with America and its policies, rules, laws then of course this thread will not make sense to you and I am glad you have found peace.

I have been a soldier...with 2 deployments..a cop for almost 10 years (but no longer) and a patriot my whole life, college educated...written multiple books and done about everything I can to be a positive asset to my country. And after all that all I can think of saying is # you America.

We are the most arrogant and distracted nation on the planet from the top down....maybe myself included.

I remember being in a bar in Germany....and a nice German fellow joined me and my friends for a drink and asked me and my friends if we could name the 4 faces of Mt Rushmore. Sadly I got 3 out of 4 and none of my friends could name it as well....he named all 4 with ease. He then went on to lecture us about how "patriotic" we all are but we really don't know dick about our own country. Its true....we don't or didn't at the time...in general... I think ATS does way more than the average soul on knowledge about the world...but the general population doesn't. Naturally I argued with the man stating that this knowledge wont put food on my plate and really means nothing. He went on further to describe ...."that is the problem"...its that I probably couldn't tell him what was in the Constitution either...or the Bill of Rights or about foreign policy..or that our government was being hypocritical in one war to the next. Sure we all have an idea but do we really see how we violate our own dogma every day. This man knew more about our government than I did and I was blindly defending it in two wars and some # hole bar in central Germany in argument in which I was too ignorant to know If i had won or lost at the time.

Guys we have grounds for a revolution... But we are scared...scared of death...imprisonment..what they will do with our assets and our families. It is going to happen...the stitches are slowly expanding and breaking...its going to catch on like a wildfire in the dry season. You can be part of it...you can run...or you can watch...you can carry 2 flags and wave which ever one proves to be the victor so you are still considered "patriotic".... or a "team player". There is no shame in whatever option you choose...for too long I looked out for other people and now i'm looking out for only myself.

Soon I will be one of the few Americans that I am aware of to ever seek asylum from America. I have been living in my own real conspiracy for over a year now and am unable to share the details as it is still going on. There are a few on here that are aware of my situation and I hope the interactions I have had with them will show maybe what kind of person I really was.

The 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees states, a “refugee” is “any person who, owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality, and is unable to or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country.”

What one of us doesn't fall into this category to some minimal extent? The illegal NSA spying alone makes us all fall into this category.

I have also come to the conclusion that nothing will change. Recently this thread ATS Comedy made me realize...the same issues have been argued for eternity..and nothing changes. If you haven't watched the video it's great background comedy that makes you see just how similar the issues back then were to what they are now. You would think its obvious but its not always. I for a long time have been bothered with the results of the truth and even more bothered with the fact that nothing has changed...I blame all of us..myself included in this. Therefore Im seeking out a more simple life...one that doesn't involve technology, big governments, extensive rules and laws that are manipulated whenever to fit whatever tptb want. Countries involved in war constantly...policies that are hypocritical and have an arrogance that belittles anyone who challenges and desires fact over opinion. Everything is a sales pitch...even our threads to persuade each other...we all find ways to sell it. Ignorance is bliss...and I want bliss. Im tired of being a pawn in a never ending game of chess.

This will be my last thread..and contain my lasts posts...I wish you all luck..I have met people and read views on here that changed my opinions on many topics. I feel the majority of you are all wanting to move towards the same goal...we just sometimes have different transportation methods to our final destination. This is in no way a thread to invoke drama...Im a happy decent fellow who needs a break from the truth.

Thanks for the great the site... to the admins and mods and the community. So long and thanks for all the fish.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You'll be back.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Who gave you my fish?

No one said you could take my fish!

I want my fish back!

Sign me,

Just another hitch hiker...fishless of course.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
When you post your notarized renunciation of your citizenship, I'll believe you, but then I won't care.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Will miss your little ghost popping up!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I salute you, sir, for being former military and a LEO and coming out with your thoughts on what's really going on. I, too, had to get neck deep into the corruption from the bottom all the way to the top in trying to expose a conspiracy that directly affected me. My life became literally like that movie "Bourne Identity". Of course, the issue was never resolved and continues to this day because no one would help me. They were all either involved or too afraid to get involved, so I was alone. It destroyed my life. My wife had a heart attack and divorced me. I nearly had a stroke. I had to step away from it so I could continue breathing.

Anyway, I hope you get to read this. It would have been great if I could have gotten to know you. Take care of yourself and best of luck to you.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Similar stories indeed it sounds...be safe brother...ill pop in this thread for a few days to give my farewells for anyone who does care..I wasn't really close with anyone on here...and the ones I was close with have my email haha...but ya send me a pm any time mate..ill keep the account up a few more days then log out.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

haha if they dont throw me in jail first for seeking asylum...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Not sure what the situation is for you and if you'll be able to successfully leave. Whatever you do, really hoping you pull it off in the right way to stay safe and empowered.

But that shouldn't discourage you from speaking up.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmicexplorer

Is this about some issue that involves you saying something you shouldn't have? I was in the Army.

I'm staying here and I WILL find allies. I have planted many many seeds, and they have grown tall. I pretend to be different people. I hope to gain much more of their attention. This would distract from the true movers.

I wish you would stay, but truly I understand. Good luck, and have a good life if you can.
My Oath will keep me here.

I also hope that the opportunity for Fish, has taught you the importance of Fishing. It has for me.
I disagree with you more than not, but I wish you the VERY best. I can sense your goodness.

edit on 7-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I agree with you in almost everything you say. But as you said, and as a former U.S President said, the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. May I suggest that you not run away. Stay and fight. Not physically, try and fight using the courts, try and fight using protest. Do not give up, when the fight comes, be here to help others rise up. I, like my forefathers before me am sick of all the growing government, taxation, and control over every aspect of our lives. This is not freedom, in fact, far from it. There is something we as humans are about to go through that differs from any other time in our species existence, and it is this. Globalization. Globalization of not only government, but communication, finance, art, and education. We as humans have only two choices. First, we can accept these changes and hope that those in control are making decisions with the best interest of all in mind (but we all know what the odds of that are). Or second, we can rise up, and fight for freedom (which we know can and never will happen, history has proven this). As much as it saddens my heart, I am ready for the first option. We have tried the second option for so long, that the only thing we have accomplished is bloodshed and the destruction of this entire planet. We need to get over our fears and egos, and just come together as John Lennon said. We are ONE species and a spec of dust in the infinite universe. It's time we act as one, and not as individuals. This my friend is evolution. Whatever you choose, may God guide you along in this short journey we call life.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Take a break .. you can login from anyplace in the world when you get resettled .. life abroad isnt bad just dont act like the typical american it tends to piss off the locals .. ( i.e dont whinge about the food .. dont compare everything to amerika .. etc.. ) much more freedom and opportunity abroad than stateside and cost of living far better in most places outside the states .. along with better and cheaper healthcare ..

Goodluck on your travels ..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmicexplorer
ill keep the account up a few more days then log out.

If no one else has said it, I will: This sucks!!

If you've gotta go, go in peace. It's been real.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: cosmicexplorer
ill keep the account up a few more days then log out.

If no one else has said it, I will: This sucks!!

If you've gotta go, go in peace. It's been real.

Thx snarl...we have had some good debates and I think we are cut from the same cloth ...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Don't forget your towel!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Good luck i was just watching a piece on leo's in New Orleans and those guy's sound pissed too with the system it is just a pity you guy's cannot strike

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

From my perspective the success seen by the Free State Project in New Hampshire proves that there are good alternatives to violence. Only 1,500 people have moved to NH as early movers before the official start, and they are already the "biggest threat to the state" according to the Democrats. Something like 25 of those 1,500 are in elected positions including 12 state representatives. Once the target of 20,000 is reached NH should have no problem protecting its citizens from overbearing government. I really don't understand why the program hasn't taken off like a rocket ship. None the less, it is going forward. Who isn't interested in taking back their freedoms while living in one of the best economies in the United States?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Hey

I don't write much here anymore, mostly because of the bickering and juvenile school yard attitudes that seem to crop up predictably in every thread. I just want to say that you are one of many who feel the same way, however you do not need to leave America. I love America, it is an amazing country, I love it almost as much as my home country Australia. The people in your country are from my experience incredibly giving and honest if not a little loud and full on. The problem is as you rightly say the Government. I have issues with most governments as they try and control the people, only recently our Newly elected officials have told Australians they need to work for as long as they can to get the country out of debt. Who gives a # about the countries debt? We are human beings, we have a right to a life we choose as long as that life does not harm others. We live in a corporate world, money is more important than health, life, education, spiritual awareness etc.

This has come about because it is how we are programmed to think, for most of my childhood I was told to get a job, go to university, buy a house etc. This is the program we are fed from the moment we can listen. Very rarely did I hear the words, love others, be aware of your actions. If I did it was because some God would send me to hell if I didn't. Every single person on this planet is living a very different reality. These realities are a combination of genetics, environment, epi-genetics and experience. How can we possibly think we know what others experience, think or feel.

It does not matter where you go, this law is constant, you will be just as well served moving to a small isolated town where you can grow your own food in peace away from the insanity we have created. I moved to a place where land was cheap, the environment had not been destroyed. I put solar power on my house, I grow my own food and I do not read the news (well sometimes I do). I have amazing like minded friends, my life has changed completely. I am content and the government does nothing for me whatsoever. I help as much as I can in the community, I give what I can to those in need and guess what, I am agnostic! I do it because it feels right not because God tells me.

You can find yourself anywhere my friend, all you need is a quiet environment and a bit of balance in your life. We are generally not afforded balance in society but only because we allowed it to be that way. Go find yours and be peaceful. I wish you all the luck in the world.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Star and flag for you. Thank you for your honesty in describing the conversation inside that German bar. A lot of people lack the balls required to be honest anymore.

We are well beyond grounds for a revolution. I would be involved in it, and I think so would the majority of our country at this point. You're right, people are scared. I'm one of them. I have a family. But we need change. I think a lot of people, myself included, are waiting for a champion of the people, for lack of a better term. As of now, where do I go to support a revolution? Nothing is getting set up.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thanks for all of your posts. They were always good reads. Have a good adventure!

Edit: Continue making music. Started listening to your songs, and really liked them. Really enjoyed When Ego Met Heart
edit on 8-5-2014 by Bongripasaurus because: Music

top topics

<<   2 >>

join