It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding 'All is One & One is All' from Several Different Perspectives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
1) Physical Perspective:

In order to live I must kill, survival of the fittest. If I'm hungry in the wilderness then I must find prey that I can kill so I can eat them in order to survive a little longer. But whatever prey I devour becomes me once I've eaten it. Not only it becomes me but I become it as well. I shall continue this process until I'm eaten by a larger predator or die from natural causes. Once I die I will then become a part of the earth, my flesh will deteriorate and become nutrients for plants to flourish upon. By pondering this I can only conclude that All is One & One is All.

2) Metaphysical Perspective:

If I am conscious and my fellow man is conscious then this must mean that we all share a similar experience. If we're all sharing a similar experience together then this means that we're connected. We're connected for these reasons.. we are conscious, we are individuals, we are experiencing existence, and within this existence we experience it as a collective whole. If I see a bird that bird then becomes a part of me, for I am conscious of it. Once the bird realizes that I'm conscious of it, it will also become conscious of me. This creates a connection.. for we are conscious of each other, experiencing each other through the awareness of each other. Realizing this has only lead me to one conclusion, through One there is All and through All there is One. All is One & One is All.

3) Emotional Perspective:

When you're yelling at me I can feel your rage, when a mother hugs a child the child can feel her love, your words can either help or hurt me. Consequently, we're all interconnected in an emotional sense, sure we have a few individuals that may be more apathetic and a few that may be more empathetic. But this only shows us that our emotions can either benefit us or damage us and others. Just as one speaker's emotions can provoke the crowd's emotions.. it only takes One to move many. Thus, we are all one... All is One & One is All.

4) Spiritual Perspective:

Microcosmos and the Macrocosmos, what is above is also beneath.. and what is within is also without. If the universe is one body then within that one body must be one mind and within both is one soul, it's the reflection of man. Man being the microcosmos and the universe being the macrocosmos. A common underlying principle that applies to all things is that the universe is all but is also one, hence the term "uni-verse". Duality is it's function and stability, without light there cannot be dark and without life there cannot be death. Within 2 there is 1 and within 1 there is all. All is One & One is All.

Be Versatile, Be Sub

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
1 likes it OP

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Not to be confused with the saying..."All FOR one, and ONE for ALL".

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There are two dualistic approaches to unity and one non-dualistic actuality.

#1: You are all there is.

In this approach, you perspective is transposed onto the outside world. Everything you see is seen as your own ego. You believe in your own subjective interpretation. You try to create the world according to your ego's ideals. You seek for absolute power and control over others.

#2: All there is is you.

In this approach, the perspectives of others are transposed onto your own. Everything you see is seen as it is to itself. You understand and are compassionate about the truth that not all beings see things the way you do. You see that creation is happening as it is and the only power you have is over your own mind. You have compassion and seek the absolute outside of yourself and try to find the relationship between that which created all and that which created you.

#3: The blending of the above two. This is the realm of the absolute. You are omniscient. You are omnipotent. You are omnipresent. All paradoxes are resolved. This is the ultimate. This is God.
edit on 7-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

The #2 approach that I listed is the only true path that can maintain a connection with the absolute. The #1 approach is a delusion that leads to no answers, to no truth. The two approaches are equal and opposite only in concept, however both approaches exist as an option for an individual in reality. The difference is, approach #1 has no real substance.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Thank you my friend, very clean and on place.

top topics

join