It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration releases disturbing photo of Obama depicted as a king

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I, too ... am not amused.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: SaturnFX

I can't believe you guys are wasting your time discussing a JOKE picture from the WH correspondence dinner... OMG! Talk about not having anything better to do!

When it's a chance to whine about Obama people will take it and run.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

NOT THE TIME.

No, it literally was the best time for it..a comedy event..a time specifically designed to poke fun at himself.

Our nation is divided, we face the prospect of failing health care, failing economy, and endless war.

So...same ole same ole then, considering this has been an issue since the union has been formed, and when Caesar was in charge of Rome, and Sumerian gods were..etc...

The complaint, it seems, is that since all the earths problems aren't fixed, and we don't have perfect balance and harmony, this specific president shouldn't joke...ever.
Now, its ok if every president before him (especially the ones with a R in front of their name) joked..but this guy...nope..crosses the line no matter what.

This is why the joke was done...it may be a subtle dig at the fringe...but...its a subtle dig at the fringe, which I find amusing.
And the people who don't find it amusing and a bit light hearted..well, those are the people that are annoyed anyone left of Rush Limbaugh continues to breathe...so, who cares what they think is key here.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Work pulled me away soon after posting this thread. I'm surprised to see the responses, some being so emotional.

I thank you all, who've chimed in and debated what to some is a non-issue, and others, including my self, a sad statement on how tasteless and tacky our once greatest house in our country, has fallen.

Being the President of a great and powerful country, is a serious matter. Look how much fun is made of Putin and his self glorifying pics. But, you think our own President should not be held to a higher standard?

Wrabbit...I found your posts to be the ones to best reflect my attitude. I don't find it funny at all. Plus, as another astutely pointed out...not everyone follows Game of Thrones, nor has even heard of it. Where is the funny for them.

That our President, allows an official WH line of communication to be used to push out this image, is sad to me.

Let's just let Disney Land and Hollywood take over all communications from our top officials. What next, Obama slipping on dog poop on the WH lawn, posted on utube by the WH staff?

Des

edit on 7-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If the picture were released, randomly, in the middle of last December, or on February 9, or even on April Fool's Day ... we might all have reasonably said "WHAAAAA ?????."

However, that is not the case.

The picture was released in concordance with an event in which the President gets to poke a bit of fun at himself and others. One night out of the year.

I'm almost sure the WH probably tweeted the pic in response to folks asking for it who had seen it during the Correspondent's Dinner. Damn them for acting like human beings.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Use something other than the official White House communication lines, intended for serious communications from the Office of the President of the United States.

The man is among the most, if not THE most powerful individual on the face of the Earth by sheer virtue of the forces he directly commands as CnC, and people don't see how this could be taken a little..wrong?

Given where and how it was transmitted...again..world wide? I'm only surprised the reaction isn't FAR stronger.

In another setting, it may well have been cute. In this one? I'd start with what regs exist for the use of official lines of White House communication and end with the fact we're in a world teetering on war in more than one distinct and separate region...we're in the middle of it all for.

The world must think us crazy when every sitting President pardons the Thanksgiving Day Turkey and the White House has a whole event and press release about it.

Again, find better things to take the President to task for.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

George Carlin had a whole skit about that and how some of America actually observes the Birthday of Mickey Mouse.

He made quite a segment out of it...and wow... Ya know? He had a point, and so do you.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Pine cones?

You mean dragon eggs.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I see nothing humorous about it. I find it mocking antagonistic
and in very poor taste.

Alpha

You mean dragon eggs.

Holy, you're right!

edit on Rpm50714v44201400000016 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Looks like a civil uprising is brewing, time to make my escape.
Activate the drones!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Am I the only one that thinks his "throne" has the look of black wings? Did his people design this, or is that a standard look for this "Game of Thrones"? I find the look most interesting! Black wings...... When we see those in movies or shows, they tend to be connected to fallen angels.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I understand from reading the first few pages of this thread that this is taken from a TV show. Those of us who don't have TV don't get the joke. But then, we don't get tweeted or twitted either.
So, if I'm understanding what I read about it, this would be similar to JFK getting dressed up as Marshall Dillon of "Gunsmoke" fame and appearing on all three networks of the day? (Sorry, not knowing the context makes interpretation rather difficult.)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

can we have a primary source ?

twitter.com...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

If it has not been pointed out the pictures are from the Correspondents dinner held every year. The media all gather for a night of comedy and self deprecation. The President is the person of the night and gets up and does a comedic monologue making fun of anyone / everything including himself. They also have a comedian as the emcee. Conan Obrien, jay Leno etc have been a part of it.

A few years back he did another video where he stated it was a video of his birth (making fun of the birth certificate issue). When the clip played it was from the Lion King. The scene where the lion is held up for all to see.

Bush did one where they hired his look alike. Bush would speak and the other Bush portrays what the real Bush is thinking.

Obama

Bush

Its the one time of year where everyone, Media, the President, Republicans, Democrats put their guard down and just have fun.
edit on 8-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Its the one time of year where everyone, Media, the President, Republicans, Democrats put their guard down and just have fun.

A sense of humour has been eradicated from ATS with flouride,vaccines and chemtrails. Didn't you get the memo ?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: Domo1

Spoilers Des.

I think it's funny. I don't see a reason to get all up in arms over this picture at all. Clearly not well thought out but I'm amused. It's not like he went out and made an iron throne, it's just a shooped picture. Probably took 5 minutes to make.

I see what you are saying. I want to agree with you. Some part of me thinks the presidency should never be funny. If a man needs to be funny from time to time as all people do, then maybe we don't need one man with as much power?
I don't find a lot of what he does to be funny, so when I see an attempt, it makes me angry in a way. As long as we are holding missiles that can wipe out humanity, I don't want to see someone in charge being a clown. It's not funny to me. I want to have kids.... I want to live... I want to be free....

He's a lame duck president now. He can goof his way through Photoshop the next two years all he wants because it's getting close to the end. We survived 6 years so far, 2 more years won't make a huge difference now.

Perhaps this lame duck video might be appropriate?

This has been his whole thing since 2007.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Am I the only one that thinks his "throne" has the look of black wings? Did his people design this, or is that a standard look for this "Game of Thrones"? I find the look most interesting! Black wings...... When we see those in movies or shows, they tend to be connected to fallen angels.

they are swords store.hbo.com...

edit on 05am11am312014-05-08T11:32:04-05:0011America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: KnightLight

Obama did not take the picture, obama did not add the throne, obama did not post the picture.

I get that its not funny to you and somme other posters, i had a good giggle that is all

OK.

I don't like popular culture and **I** Don't think it's funny. My girl has watched all of the episodes of fake kings and queens or whatever it is. She doesn't think it's funny either.

Cat Williams is Funny. The president should be serious, and shouldn't hire highschool kids to be serious for him. I would expect Bill Hicks to make a joke. I would expect my president to look tough. I don't want him to look funny like the comedians I like.

I don't think death is funny. I was in the Army.

fair enough, you have your right to your expectations for presidents, but every president has joked about themselves and others since the correspondence dinners started. It's tradition for them, it's not Obama being an out of control rouge president with an agenda to make America look bad.

The jokes may not be funny, but they all make them for this event. If your expectation if for the president to pass up this dinner, then it's an expectation based on fantasy, because none of them pass on it.
edit on 05am10am312014-05-08T10:52:52-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 05am11am312014-05-08T11:06:54-05:0011America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

If it has not been pointed out the pictures are from the Correspondents dinner held every year. The media all gather for a night of comedy and self deprecation. The President is the person of the night and gets up and does a comedic monologue making fun of anyone / everything including himself. They also have a comedian as the emcee. Conan Obrien, jay Leno etc have been a part of it.

A few years back he did another video where he stated it was a video of his birth (making fun of the birth certificate issue). When the clip played it was from the Lion King. The scene where the lion is held up for all to see.

Bush did one where they hired his look alike. Bush would speak and the other Bush portrays what the real Bush is thinking.

Obama

Bush

yep, they all tell jokes for one day....all of them....even the republican god Reagan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join