It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration releases disturbing photo of Obama depicted as a king

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Was not replying to you, but thanks for expressing how you really feel about a funny picture.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Was not replying to you, but thanks for expressing how you really feel about a funny picture.

I find no humor in leaders playing dumb.

But I'll give you the air time. Why is it funny for a world leader to know about and pretend to be in a TV show?

My first post really says how I feel. Comprehend it first. My other posts come AFTER that.
edit on 7-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Obama did not take the picture, obama did not add the throne, obama did not post the picture.

I get that its not funny to you and somme other posters, i had a good giggle that is all

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

SnF for my friend Des

Some how I just don't see Obama relinquishing the drone...
I mean throne.

And what's with the three pine cones and crossbow?

edit on Rpm50714v55201400000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Obama did not take the picture, obama did not add the throne, obama did not post the picture.

I get that its not funny to you and somme other posters, i had a good giggle that is all

OK.

I don't like popular culture and **I** Don't think it's funny. My girl has watched all of the episodes of fake kings and queens or whatever it is. She doesn't think it's funny either.

Cat Williams is Funny. The president should be serious, and shouldn't hire highschool kids to be serious for him. I would expect Bill Hicks to make a joke. I would expect my president to look tough. I don't want him to look funny like the comedians I like.

I don't think death is funny. I was in the Army.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So off topic rant for you, and how does you behing in the army change anything, its a joke that you and other have not found funny, all you had to say is its not funny for me, not go on a rant about your personal views of what is funny.

Its a joke, the twitter account trolled you hard, and look your still here trying to explain to me why its wrong.

I found it funny and i did not need to add my life story or how i feel about obama.

I will say have a nice day

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm not going to "rant," (although this IS a forum for personal expression and opinions, is it not?? and not everyone agrees with everyone else, but it should still be okay to express oneself)....anyway that was kind of rant of its own...hmmm...

Personally, I didn't find the photo (shopped for whatever reason) particularly funny (just MHO). But I also don't particularly find his performance in the office he to which he was elected funny either. I think it's fine to poke fun at oneself, or to poke fun at public perception or whatever...but he takes his oath of office just as seriously as this photo...

I don't much care for the President of the United States parading around like a pseudo-celebrity. (I wasn't all that fond of Clinton's sax-playing on late night TV either.) Presidents should not be making appearances of the Tonight Show or Jimmy Kimmel or posting on Facebook like a high schooler.......they should be making appearances in the Sit Room during attacks on our foreign embassies and making appearances at Normandy on D-Day...and basically behaving presidential and not behaving like the Kardashians. When we give the Leader of the Free World (well, he USED to be the leader of the free world) pop culture status we diminish the office in which he's supposed to serve. It's hard to take seriously and respect someone who stoops to pranks on Twitter...

And don't come back at me with "but HE didn't photoshop the picture and post it himself, so how can he be responsible for it?" Cuz that's crap. If it didn't have his tacit approval, it never would have made it on line. (Although, when you think about it, it's amazing at just what he's aware of (prankish sophomoric pic-humor) and what he's NOT aware of (IRS targeting, NSA spying, Benghazi video-responses).

*facepalm*

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Thanks for proving my point, its a picture that some people found funny, its your right to not find it funny.

But to go on and say well he sucks as a president so he does not have the right to have a funny moment.

Go figure right

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
He's got a perfect right to have a funny moment...Presidents can be funny...but this ain't presidential-funny. Sorry...just don't see it.

Again...just my humble opinion.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Twitter has become a primary and official method of communication for agencies across the U.S. and other Governments. If people are not using twitter where it serves as an official line of communication, they're missing a large volume of information in general and governmental information in specifics.

Heck, as far as that goes, I've been using twitter feeds in conjunction with more traditional means of reading info from official sources ranging from USGS, to State to the EPA for over two years now. Like YouTube, whatever twitter started as, it's far far beyond that now and yes, it is an official communications feed in many segments of society now.

Just wanted to toss that in as I didn't realize some still thought of twitter as the 'what I had for dinner...like anyone cares' thing it began as.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

I will not knock you down for that, i am a big fan of game of thrones i saw it in a different light.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I thank you for that, truly. You begin to wonder if civil discourse is dead. I disagreed once with a former classmate and he threatened me with bodily harm.

(I'm hoping he was joking...but anymore you're just not sure.)

So thank you for courteously agreeing to disagree. It's kind of refreshing!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Are you telling me that you wouldn't have a pic taken in that chair? Especially if you were president?

It's not like he was sitting the throne on an aircraft carrier with standard bearers holding banners that said "Crusade Accomplished" right after starting a decades long war. No president would do anything that stupid.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I can't believe you guys are wasting your time discussing a JOKE picture from the WH correspondence dinner... OMG! Talk about not having anything better to do!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

But yeah, pop culture reference crosses the line dammit!

I agree to a point.

It seems at times people get so tied in finding something wrong with something, that they don't step back and see how silly it is.

But heres the thing,

NOT THE TIME.

Our nation is divided, we face the prospect of failing health care, failing economy, and endless war.

Citizens have been killed with the Imperial orders of this president.

I find the game of thrones Reference humorus and fitting, but not for the dig at the people who mock him for such things.

I find it funny that Game of thrones starts with a story of a Mad king who has overstretched his authority and is killing his citizens and driving his country into Civil war.

Its the Mad King they all talk about in the Show and in the books.

I understand trying to make levity and being humorous in the right situation, Comedy is best when it is controversial, where it raises a question, and when its done by a Comedian.

NOT when its from the Highest office in the Land, who has Openly stated "Turns out I'm really good at killing people" Nobel Prize winner.

Sounds right out of game of thrones to me.
edit on 7-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I don't see the problem with the photo. Yeah, this country's owners lie all the time, next topic. Non issue.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Is this thread for real?
Its a joke for the correspondents dinner.

Obama didn't waste time with this, some techy in the backroom with photo shop did.

for crying out loud you guys are pathetic.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That IS like, SO RACIST man! RACIST! Just like that 1% really rich , old geezer hooked up with that skanky ho that thru him unda da bus. So don't say no RACIST sh$t in private cause SOMEONE IS listening, watching, recording and analyzing EVERYTHING you do. Feel that for a moment.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well I don't know whether the pic is real or not, but ANYTHING making conservatives angry is good..lol : )

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
At worst this is a joke about a popular show.

I miss the days when jokes weren't taken seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join