It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration releases disturbing photo of Obama depicted as a king

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Do people know this picture was done as a joke, about people calling him a tyrant a wanna be emperor.

And you guys fall for it and keep up the hate, you guys got trolled and dont even realize it.

The irony amuses me actually..shhhh..don't tell em.
I am waiting for the super "enlightened" to suggest the throne is real and he truly does sit on it

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Shock! Horror! A president who has been more adept at using social media and pop culture than any other politician creates a funny image to Tweet using a massively popular cultural trend and this is supposed to mean... what, exactly?

I know the paranoia here is usually off any measurable scale, but unless he starts acting like some "evil King" against American citizens this is nothing more than a mildly humorous stunt.

Now, the Game of Drones pic is more accurate a depiction, but I don't exactly see millions of Americans up in arms about it. The fact is, most Americans probably couldn't point to Pakistan on a globe, they couldn't care less about how many people are being assassinated by the US government.

Maybe if American's gave a damn about the actions of their government things would change? And no, commenting on funny pics on a conspiracy site is not giving a damn.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Do people know this picture was done as a joke, about people calling him a tyrant a wanna be emperor.

And you guys fall for it and keep up the hate, you guys got trolled and dont even realize it.

Actually you got trolled because this picture's purpose was obviously opposite of what you posit. It was a PR move to make Obama seem more base level human. Does Obama watch what I watch too? He is a real human and watches TV!!! OMG.

You got trolled, but If you admit it I'll send you love?!? I will if you admit it.

Everything is relative. Trying to relate to a TV show is relatively ignorant.
edit on 7-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Des.. this is very interesting. I figured it had to be a joke. They couldn't be this stupid...but..alas..That's what I get for assuming. We all know how that word breaks down and it sure proves itself true, often enough. (sigh)

The administration took it upon themselves to create the photo of King Obama, and the official White House Twitter account sent out the tweet before last week’s episode aired.

Obama sits with the King’s crown in his hands and former King Joeffrey’s crossbow sitting on the coffee table. The tweet reads “The Westeros Wing.”

So it wasn't done at the dinner, it was sent out separate in a related line of thought. It wasn't in context with where it was sent from, it went to everyone in the world. (main White House twitter feed????? Are they THAT tone deaf??)

I know this is a big shocker to some..but not everyone on Earth KNOWS that show, has ever seen it or cares one whit about it either way. The joke in the King reference falls about as flat as a watermelon on concrete from great heights. Everyone remember when a member of British Royalty thought dressing up as a German SS Officer would be cute and funny? He was at least in context to the event, as a costume themed thing. It was ALSO world headlines and ALSO condemned.

Obama needs to dust off those history books for a period he actually lived though (although..of course..he wasn't in the United States back then, and maybe that's part of the problem) to learn more about the fate of Nixon. The narcissism and arrogance of not only the President as an individual but the staff he surrounds himself with is only highlighted by "jokes" like this, dropped far from the venue they may have been funny in..with a "it's YOUR problem if you don't find it funny" attitude.

No....if this keeps up, it won't be our problem. It'll VERY much be HIS problem as even Congress has limits of personal tolerance. Even those political creatures can reach a point, as has happened at least once before, where *BOTH* parties come to tell a sitting President it's time to leave, or be shown out. That may be coming with all that's happening in recent months.

Who knows..but this is as funny as a fart in church. Pardon my dry humor.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

My god, its a joke, its supposed to be funny, im not sure what you dont get here.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
O come on its just a funny joke

Its pretty funny actually.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

If George Bush came out in a pic depicted as a Crusader in full Knight's gear...would it too, be funny? Lets say his Daughters made it, to really get clear off any context of INTENT to offend. Would it be funny then?

If it made it outside his personal circle of family and friends to be seen in public, he'd have been crucified for something like that, given context to his own actions as a President. It wouldn't have been any more serious that this.....but offense would have run JUST as deep (deeper for some groups in more personal meaning perhaps) as this.

Funny is in the eye of the beholder and mixed humor is usually NOT thrown out into mixed company. Tact...is something totally lost on the people in office right now.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Its suposed to be a joke, i get the obama hatred but this is suposed to be funny, you know the iron throne.

Its ok if you dont find it funny.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He sees himself as the KING! I am sure his puppet masters are feeding his ego......keeps him doing what he is told!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

My god, its a joke, its supposed to be funny, im not sure what you dont get here.

Didn't you know Obama isn't allowed to make jokes?

It could also be a little poke at FOX "news" seeing how they have a habit of calling Obama King Obama. You can bet some of their "reporters" will be crying that he is trying to make himself king and this photo proves it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Use something other than the official White House communication lines, intended for serious communications from the Office of the President of the United States.

The man is among the most, if not THE most powerful individual on the face of the Earth by sheer virtue of the forces he directly commands as CnC, and people don't see how this could be taken a little..wrong?

Given where and how it was transmitted...again..world wide? I'm only surprised the reaction isn't FAR stronger.

In another setting, it may well have been cute. In this one? I'd start with what regs exist for the use of official lines of White House communication and end with the fact we're in a world teetering on war in more than one distinct and separate region...we're in the middle of it all for.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Its a funny joke, all you had to say is you did not find it funny, i get it you dislike the man and what he stands for, like most people who know better. I found it funny and did not try to find anything else from the picture.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Use something other than the official White House communication lines, intended for serious communications from the Office of the President of the United States.

Twitter is meant for serious communications from the president? Television and radio is meant for serious communication not twitter.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Actually, you're still missing the point entirely...but THAT part IS politics, and he's getting a free ride on outrageous things like this because of it.

Like I said, if Bush had something come out showing him as an over the top characiture of what people in the world already took him to be (Crusader in that example), I'd have just as quickly condemned him and probably MORE viciously, as I once thought of him as on 'my side'. Kinda silly in hindsight...but no one's perfect.

Anyway... It's coming from the Office of the President across official lines from the White House, on an open transmission to everyone in the world who happens to monitor them for valuable news and things of interest.

My dislike for Obama has little or nothing to do with it, as I honestly believe the Office is what matters. Not the man. The Office. The Office is what is hurt by silliness like this, run across what is anything but silly in nature and purpose.

I'll leave this as my last comment tho...as this really has touched a nerve for just how stupid we look to the world with stuff like this. I mean really....If Putin put out a pic of himself as a 19th century Czar and from the time of the Crimean War...we'd just find it hilarious.. huh? I miss having standards of decorum among public leaders, especially the very top ones.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I would agree, it is disturbing.

It also sends out the sublte but very clear message
that this admnistration is literally a joke,
and not to be taken seriously.

Benghazi, IRS Scandals...its all a joke to them.

Owellian....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I always preferred the crown of lights.
This is from the Osama Bin Laden is dead statement by the president.

It's more Tolkienesque, like Melkor's Crown; orbs of light, "The Silmarils were set on his Iron Crown".

Doesn't it oddly look as though the chandelier is being worn as a crown of lights.

But yeah, symbolism of nobility has been reemergent from government since the towers. At least in their media craft if not always in fact.

Fan art of Melkor.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 7-5-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Nice Game of Drones pic! See that'a a real issue and one we should take Obama to task for.

However. that first pic was just a pic. That's a non issue. he's not making a mockery of anything. it's just a pic. Every single president and leader the world over takes stupid pics like this all the time. Move on. Start a new thread about drone strikes that kill children and i'm on board. Don't get distracted by these non issues.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I whole-heartedly agree. The real issue is that America has become a tyranny, controlled by the oligarchy. Obama is nothing more than a puppet. The President no longer has any real power or authority; the oligarchy has ensured of that. In fact, the Constitution no longer even exists. The oligarchy burn that document a long time ago.

edit on 7-5-2014 by iosolomon because: typed qupte instead of quote (had to manually format the quote)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

My first thought was "I wonder if he's aware of the average tenure of someone who sits in that throne in the books?" Current occupants haven't done very well there.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I do apologize for thinking its funny while some people got offended, thats ill i got, not trying to pic on anyone.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I don't find humor in world leaders being funny. Or then maybe I should lead you like a puppy, now isn't that funny, haha ?

I get it all. I'm too old to not notice a PR campaign when I see one though. Grow into your own power, and then you won't worship it.
edit on 7-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join