It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration releases disturbing photo of Obama depicted as a king

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The picture depicts “King Obama” sitting upon the “Iron Throne” at Kings Landing in the ancient kingdom of Westeros from the HBO hit series Game of Thrones. The photo looks as if it was lifted straight from The Onion. However, it is not. The administration took it upon themselves to create the photo of King Obama, and the official White House Twitter account sent out the tweet before last week’s episode aired.

Obama sits with the King’s crown in his hands and former King Joeffrey’s crossbow sitting on the coffee table. The tweet reads “The Westeros Wing.”

Really? He doesn't have time to be the transparent President he promised us. But, he does have time to stage, and tweet what he considers funny pics? This man is anything but presidential. He's making Putin's pic antics pale in comparison.

I wonder if he's so desperate, he's hoping to pick up a hew votes from Game of Throne fans.

This pic is more appropriate for him...

benswann.com...< br /> Des
edit on 7-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Nice Game of Drones pic! See that'a a real issue and one we should take Obama to task for.

However. that first pic was just a pic. That's a non issue. he's not making a mockery of anything. it's just a pic. Every single president and leader the world over takes stupid pics like this all the time. Move on. Start a new thread about drone strikes that kill children and i'm on board. Don't get distracted by these non issues.

+1 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To obamas defense this looks like photoshop to me...

I cant see the actually releasing something like this from the whitehouse....

Everyone knows im in staunch opposition to this administration but...this just doesnt look real to me

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

They messed up the shadow of the crossbow.. Ugg, they should use the same video editors they use for the actual news.

But yes this is a non issue because you can argue whether he thinks he's a king all day and especially compare it with fiction... This get's no where, and in fact that's where they would like us to get. Meanwhile now they have time to get somewhere.

How about Obama is a child murderer, not a king.

link   
a reply to: amazing

I agree with you on the drones issue. There are many many drone threads on ATS. I thought this one, was pertinent to Obama's state of mind. As I'm one of those that think, he would be King, if he could. He certainly makes and breaks laws according to the whims of a King.

Des

link   

I like the quote from Westernjournalism in their article about this tweet.

Oddly enough, the picture of President George Washington, “The Man Who Would Not Be King”, is shown behind “King Obama.”

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am not a fan of what Obama has done and is doing. I don't support him at all. However, I'm not seeing why this picture is a HUGE issue. Do you know how many VIDEOS are out there of Bush goofing up in a speech or making jokes at the beginning of an address? (He wasn't the most brilliant man, let's be honest)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: poiSoN466
I am not a fan of what Obama has done and is doing. I don't support him at all. However, I'm not seeing why this picture is a HUGE issue. Do you know how many VIDEOS are out there of Bush goofing up in a speech or making jokes at the beginning of an address? (He wasn't the most brilliant man, let's be honest)

And now he is gone, so let's not go back 8 years in time to talk ok? Let's talk NOW.
I also thought Bush was dumb, who cares?

There is a difference now. The evil presence is actually showing you what it is, where in Bushes Time he hid it better. He was less responsible, and looked more naive towards the end. Obama is more willing and more into it. This is BAD.

Oh and I'm a liberal conservative. Liberal doses of Knowledge, small doses of government. Our true issues are Social not political. Spreading communities by being a real human and knowing and careing about people who live around you is all we need.

When I was hating on Bush and I thought it was the end of the world people thought I was a rabbid democrat.
When I was hating on Obama and I think it's close to the end of humanity people think I am a republican.

Hippy born and raised. Sorry but I don't play games.
edit on 7-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

can we have a primary source ?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Obama sits with the King’s crown in his hands and former King Joeffrey’s crossbow sitting on the coffee table. The tweet reads “The Westeros Wing.”

Spoilers Des.

I think it's funny. I don't see a reason to get all up in arms over this picture at all. Clearly not well thought out but I'm amused. It's not like he went out and made an iron throne, it's just a shooped picture. Probably took 5 minutes to make.

link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

The photo is originally from the WH Sycophants... er, um I mean WH Corespondent's Dinner.

link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I agree...

With your name...

But READ....

The Primary source is the White house Twitter account. Click into the article... Click into twitter... See the WHITEHOUSE as the source.

duh?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's a way to belittle the presidency.

And he's doing a wonderful job of it!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Maybe they wanted to show North Korea we know how to photoshop pictures too?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Spoilers Des.

I think it's funny. I don't see a reason to get all up in arms over this picture at all. Clearly not well thought out but I'm amused. It's not like he went out and made an iron throne, it's just a shooped picture. Probably took 5 minutes to make.

I see what you are saying. I want to agree with you. Some part of me thinks the presidency should never be funny. If a man needs to be funny from time to time as all people do, then maybe we don't need one man with as much power?
I don't find a lot of what he does to be funny, so when I see an attempt, it makes me angry in a way. As long as we are holding missiles that can wipe out humanity, I don't want to see someone in charge being a clown. It's not funny to me. I want to have kids.... I want to live... I want to be free....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

And now he is gone, so let's not go back 8 years in time to talk ok? Let's talk NOW.
I also thought Bush was dumb, who cares?

There is a difference now. The evil presence is actually showing you what it is, where in Bushes Time he hid it better. He was less responsible, and looked more naive towards the end. Obama is more willing and more into it. This is BAD.

Oh and I'm a liberal conservative. Liberal doses of Knowledge, small doses of government. Our true issues are Social not political. Spreading communities by being a real human and knowing and careing about people who live around you is all we need.

When I was hating on Bush and I thought it was the end of the world people thought I was a rabbid democrat.
When I was hating on Obama and I think it's close to the end of humanity people think I am a republican.

Hippy born and raised. Sorry but I don't play games.

So because he's gone and we should focus on the now it means it didn't happen? And was he REALLY that incognito about his efforts? Let's just face it...this country is headed to complete and utter totalitarianism. We aren't far now folks. Strap in, gonna be one hell of a ride.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Really???

It's from the WH Press Correspondents Dinner.....you know a joke?!!?

I'm not a Obama supporter by any stretch, but to bring this up with a semblance of it being an issue is ......Weak.

Deny Ignorance is the motto. We should all strive to do that.

There are plenty other real issues to hit the President and his Administration over the head with. This is not one of them.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So because he's gone and we should focus on the now it means it didn't happen? And was he REALLY that incognito about his efforts? Let's just face it...this country is headed to complete and utter totalitarianism. We aren't far now folks. Strap in, gonna be one hell of a ride.

It did happen and I talked about it for YEARS. Now we are being raped again. By the SAME powers. the SAME gameplan...
the rest of your post is in the present and I agree. Obama is better at lying, and Bush was better at playing dead. Who F ing cares. If this is an issue for you, then I find you grossly misinformed. The need for your side to not get blamed for the fall shows you have a side. I'll be a cut diamond with many facets.

Obama is a TOOL in the strictest since of the word. Many tools have been used, but this one has a bit more Torque. I'm interested in trying to fix problems now while I have room to act, rather than the past which is gone.

If you turn left and then turn right and then turn left and then turn right and then turn left and then turn right......
What direction is that?
It's a straight line with waves in it, but it's going in ONE direction.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Do people know this picture was done as a joke, about people calling him a tyrant a wanna be emperor.

And you guys fall for it and keep up the hate, you guys got trolled and dont even realize it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wait, Obama made a joke...at a convention that has traditionally been about being humorous?!!!!!!

WHAT THA!!!

“This year I promised to use more executive actions to get things done without Congress,” said President Obama. “My critics call this the imperial presidency. The truth is, I just show up every day at my office and do my job. We’ve got a picture of this I think?”

-super duper rage n stuff-

Funny thing is, it is self deprecating humor at that...granted, he was making fun of the lunatics that demand Obama is being all king Obama imperial, but still.

Keep in mind, the people blowing their lid on this were giving thumbs up and chuckling about Bush's (not humor convention) joke about finding WMDs under the desk, behind the couch, etc...it was funny, because we literally killed hundreds of thousands of people over that...hahahaha...good stuff...

But yeah, pop culture reference crosses the line dammit!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join