It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alister Crowley and Jack Parsons opened a portal to extraterrestrial intelligence (Greys)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"The [Babalon] Working began in 1945-46, a few
months before Crowley's death in 1947, and just
prior to the wave of unexplained aerial phenomena
now recalled as the 'Great Flying Saucer Flap'...
Parsons opened a door and something flew in.

"A Gateway for the Great Old Ones has already been
established -- and opened -- by members of the O.T.O.
who are en rapport with this entity [Lam, an extra-
terrestrial being whom Crowley supposedly contacted
while in America in 1919]."

-Kenneth Grant, O.T.O

Here's a portrait of "LAM" whom Crowley drew back in 1919.

This being, who is considered as belonging to a race rather than a separate individual entity among the O.T.O and other occultists (most notably the offshoot "Cult of Lam"), bears a striking resemblance to the infamous Grey aliens allegedly working with the secret governments here on Earth. The theory is that Crowley first made contact back in 1919 through a series of rituals called the The Amalantrah Workings. Jack Parsons of jet propulsion science fame, was also a member of the O.T.O and subsequently, he practiced a form of rituals called The Babalon Working which not only reopened the portal Crowley sealed years prior, but ripped a open bigger tear in the interdimensional or space time fabric. A tear in which closure was not a option due to inadequate knowledge or careless neglect unlike Crowley. The Babalon Working is patterned after the Amalantrah Working and both involved elaborate use of what they termed "sex magik",

During the Babalon Workings by Parsons on Jan. 14, 1946, strange phonomena was occuring. According to the biography of Ron Hubbard who was a mystical medium during these rituals:

'The light system of the house failed at about 9 pm. Another magician [Hubbard] who had been staying at the house and studying with me, was carrying a candle across the kitchen when he was struck strongly on the right shoulder, and the candle knocked out of his hand. He called me, and we observed a brownish yellow light about seven feet high in the kitchen. I brandished a magical sword and it disappeared. His right arm was paralyzed for the rest of the night.'

www.cs.cmu.edu...

The Cult of Lam circulated a manuscript amongst O.T.O initiates called The Lam Statement which revolves around and is dedicated to "regularizing the mode of rapport and constructing a magical formula for establishing communication with Lam.".

According to O.T.O chief Kenneth Grant:

Lam is known to be a link between the star systems of Sirius and Andromeda.

Lam is the gateway to the Void. Its number, 71, is that of "NoThing", an apparition.

Lam, as a Great Old One, whose archetype is recognizable in accounts of UFO occupants.

Lam has been invoked to fulfill the work set afoot by Aiwass; as a reflex of Aiwass.

Lam as the transmitter to AL of the vibrations of LA via MA, the key to the Aeon of Maat.

Lam is the occult energy beaming the vibrations of Maat and may proceed from that future aeon.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

What's interesting here is the time correlation between Parsons rituals and when a man by the name of Kenneth A. Arnold made what is considered to be the first widely reported UFO sighting of 9 silver disc like craft in Washington state on June 24, 1947. Parsons conducted his rituals from Jan. - Mar. of 1946. After those rituals, UFO observation was facilitated and UFOs were bursting upon the scene left and right. Of course the Roswell incident is right up there in the mix as well as George Adamski's observations.

So what do you guys think? Could there be a connection?

+11 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

I think there is a connection, but it is far more sinister than some claim or believe. As I'm sure you are aware, The O.T.O (and Crowley) didn't just play around with "planetary intelligences" or "interdimensional beings". Crowley actively summoned demons, and his memoirs are full of these accounts, and admissions to this fact. His account of the summoning of Choronzon in his "confessions" is particularly harrowing, and he admitted many times to summoning lesser demons with a plethora of different methods.

So I think one ought to be rather cautious about LAM and who these entities really are that Crowley is said to have ushered into the physical world. Are they physical space aliens, or do they want us to think they are?

Whatever Crowley was up to, I wouldn't trust anything that came out the other side of his workings.
edit on 7-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If you look into this, I think you'll find that at the time Parsons' efforts were actually in conjunction with that Scientology nutbag, L Ron Hubbard. Crowley was actually pretty appalled at what they were doing.

Pretty funny story once you find out how Hubbard left Parsons.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
What's interesting here is the time correlation between Parsons rituals and when a man by the name of Kenneth A. Arnold made what is considered to be the first widely reported UFO sighting of 9 silver disc like craft in Washington state on June 24, 1947.

Interesting read I'll give you that but, this part here about the Arnold 'Sighting'

He never said they were 'Disc Shaped' but rather he claimed they were Crescent Shaped or what we now know as a "Flying wing" type craft. Small point to be sure but I'm a stickler for details.

Source
On June 24, 1947, the civilian pilot Kenneth Arnold reported seeing nine objects, glowing bright blue-white, flying in a “V” formation over Washington’s Mount Rainier. He estimated the objects’ flight speed at 1700 mph and compared their motion to “a saucer if you skip it across water.” (In newspaper reports of Arnold’s sighting, this description was mistakenly taken to mean that the objects were shaped like saucers, leading to the popularization of the term “flying saucer” as a synonym for UFO.) Though Arnold said he initially thought what he had seen were test flights of military aircraft, the military later said they had been conducting no test flights during the time of the incident. A prospector on Mt. Adams saw the objects at around the same time as Arnold, bolstering his story.

Some believe the US were either test flying captured German flying wing jet aircraft or a derivative thereof
Horton
edit on 7-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have no real feeling about Crowley's entity aside from seeing similarities in many archetypal human records.

I only have this to suggest or recommend before you judge either Aleister Crowley or Jack Parsons based on what you've heard about them ... two short pieces of their writing that changed the way I thought about the two of them and about "the occult" in general.

What Is Magick? - Crowley

Freedom is a Two-Edged Sword - Parsons

These are both relatively short pieces and I think necessary before you judge either man fairly.

Your mileage will vary.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Oh, and by "archetypal images" I'm thinking along these lines:

Additional Cave Painting Images
edit on 14Wed, 07 May 2014 14:49:12 -050014p022014566 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think Crowley is responsible for summoning the locness monster aswell . .

Just saying....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Yes, I agree there is a connection. Connections... wasn't that a TV show that showed how seemingly unrelated things are all interconnected in some way? Loved that show. Anyway, good post, I agree with you. I would like to see a few of my friends come by here and comment on this topic. There are lots of threads here that discuss these things, OP should look around. Try searching ATS threads for "Crowley UFOs".

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I did research on this while doing a short film a few years ago, it is a fascinating story! Thanks for bringing this up OP, s&f
here's the "artsy" film we did using that story as a base idea, was tons of fun to film! :

I look forward to reading people's speculations on this subject with great interest.
edit on 7-5-2014 by AutOmatIc because: video embed

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The interesting thing is that Parsons and L Ron Hubbard, the Scientology Guru, were the ones performing the Babylon Working. There was a women there as well, an actress, can`t remember her name, but she was impregnated during the ritual and the infant was later sacrificed during a nuclear device testing. There is quite a bit of info on this alleged ritual and its participants and even a video documentary explaining the entire event with documentary evidence.

BTW, of the 72 Guardians of the Guff from the Keys of Solomon, there is no entity, 71 or otherwise, written as Lam in angelic script.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Crowley and Parsons existed.

Whether they had access to alleged forces that are supposed to exist in a purportedly indefinable realm is hard to say with conviction. That they possibly opened a 'portal' into a speculative dimension and released rumoured entities of no substantial definition is an idea forged in maybes.

If we cut it right down to the bare bones of substantiated facts, we're left with Parsons and Crowley as real historical figures and a reported sighting by Arnold.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I just noticed this is in the wrong forum. Could've sworn this was the secret society forum. Can a mod move it?
It's too late to edit.

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Interesting read I'll give you that but, this part here about the Arnold 'Sighting'

He never said they were 'Disc Shaped' but rather he claimed they were Crescent Shaped or what we now know as a "Flying wing" type craft. Small point to be sure but I'm a stickler for details.

Oh no...you're absolutely right they were crescent shaped. Important detail to note. Thanks for the clarification. I didn't proofread and posted in the wrong forum.

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I have no real feeling about Crowley's entity aside from seeing similarities in many archetypal human records.

I only have this to suggest or recommend before you judge either Aleister Crowley or Jack Parsons based on what you've heard about them ... two short pieces of their writing that changed the way I thought about the two of them and about "the occult" in general.

What Is Magick? - Crowley

Freedom is a Two-Edged Sword - Parsons

These are both relatively short pieces and I think necessary before you judge either man fairly.

Oh I don't judge them at all. It's only the possible link to negative forces concerning these various practices that would be an issue to me.

originally posted by: MrDesolate

If you look into this, I think you'll find that at the time Parsons' efforts were actually in conjunction with that Scientology nutbag, L Ron Hubbard. Crowley was actually pretty appalled at what they were doing.

Pretty funny story once you find out how Hubbard left Parsons.

Crowley was appalled at the secrecy that Parsons applied to the workings. Not to take anything away from him but Crowley was a heroin addict in his 70s at the time and felt like WTH is he withholding details of this experience for, I won't be here much longer. He died a year later.

Yeah Hubbard initially beat Parsons out of thousands from that botched boat purchase and sell venture and ran off with his wife as well. Parsons took them to court and got some of the money back.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Moonchild

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

whale.to...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Aliester Crowley died in 1947 and was an alumni of Malvern College.
So he must have been born to an affluent family. I always wonder how
he was seemingly so supported, thru a life of continental drift?

edit on Rpm50714v30201400000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
In this very same house, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin fame opened the portal himself during his own rituals. Shortly thereafter bad luck began to visit the band.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

Bah.. must not have been too bad. 3 members of Zeppelin are still alive and the band is regarded as one of the greats.
Just rock and roll myths like Crowley's writings. He was a writer. And so much fiction and debauchery surrounded
the guy that it's hard to decipher what was real, imagined or simply made up.
Interesting character, though.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Aliester Crowley died in 1947 and was an alumni of Malvern College.
So he must have been born to an affluent family. I always wonder how
he was seemingly so supported, thru a life of continental drift?

He received a large inheritance from his father which was enough to finance his shenanigans throughout most of his life. He could travel at will and never really had any sort of need to work, so he was free to "practice" as he pleased.

edit on 8-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

He received a large inheritance from his father which was enough to finance his shenanigans throughout most of his life. He could travel at will and never really had any sort of need to work, so he was free to "practice" as he pleased.

Every bit of what I suspected. Good info Seraph.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

S&F!

To understand what exactly Crowley summoned/contacted/opened one must understand it from his point of view and here is some of Crowley's quotes on such matters ...

Book VI : Liber O (1909)[edit]Book VI : Liber O vel Manus et Sagittae
In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth and the Paths; of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist. It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.
There is little danger that any student, however idle or stupid, will fail to get some result; but there is great danger that he will be led astray, obsessed and overwhelmed by his results, even though it be by those which it is necessary that he should attain. Too often, moreover, he mistaketh the first resting-place for the goal, and taketh off his armour as if he were a victor ere the fight is well begun.
It is desirable that the student should never attach to any result the importance which it at first seems to possess.

Therefor Lam's alieness or other worldliness is inconsequential and what matters is ...

By doing certain things certain results will follow

As for Parsons, I believe he dabbled in the occult in such a way that when one looks into the abyss ... it stares back at them .. and the abyss gobbled Parsons up!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join