It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on Villa...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
2 weeks ago i was in dreamland.
Surely our long wait was over. All those horrible years of seeing Manc Utd dominating the league was finally at an end. That in itself was brilliant.
At the start of the season i was quite happy to see us finish in the top 4 so we would have champions league football next season and Suarez would stay because of it.
After a slow start we get our act together and start to play some breathtaking football. It was/is some of the best, exciting attacking football ive ever seen, anywhere. We are devastating going forward. Although our defence has'nt been great, if we concede one we go and score two.
Not once did i think we could win the league until the home game against Manc City a couple of weeks ago. Thats when it kinda dawned on me that we could actually win the league. How could we lose playing football like that?
Then we have a home game against Chelski, with Mourinho deploying the most defensive formation i have ever seen, ever.
i have never seen a team play that way before, two rows of five...
Which brings me onto tonights match, City versus Villa.
if ever i wanted an upset in football i want it to happen tonight. Villa are 20/1 to win tonight, a huge price.
i cant see any other result than a City win, but a little bit of me, actually a HUGE bit of me is hoping for a minor miracle.
Liverpool deserve to win the league this season, if only for the brilliant football we've been playing, so COME ON VILLA, DO ALL OF US A FAVOUR..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I can't agree more,

Hopefully villa do city over tonight.

From a Cobblers fan

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Swansea man all my life and happy we're staying up while Cardiff finish bottom lol
I want Liverpool to take the title though, history between our two clubs and it will have been won through good management, not just (cheating) spending money against the fair play finance rules...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Agreed, Liverpool deserves the top spot, despite their meltdown in the last two games, but it's a big stretch to be counting on two middle table teams beating Manchester City.

Here's hoping, though (from an Arsenal fan
)
edit on 7-5-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

City versus Villa.

I'm a Villa fan , we will lose.
Hopefully we won't get thrashed but it seems to be the way of things just recently , with Premiership survival guaranteed I don't care I just hope Randy Lerner gives Paul Lambert some money to spend in the summer otherwise we may not escape next season.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

City versus Villa.

I'm a Villa fan , we will lose.

Never say such a thing about your club fella!! ...who would've expected Liverpool to throw that 3-0 lead away at the weekend, anything can happen, that's the beauty of the game.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Villa fan here! Definitely would rather Liverpool win the league over Man City. Since we are never going to win anything I would love to be the team to stop Man City!!!

Up the Villa!!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hope you do it for us

but it is our own fault we are relying on other teams

you can not throw wins away the way we did this weekend.

Come on villa

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Cobblers? Thats Northampton Town is'nt it?
I lived 5 minutes away from their old pitch, used to go watch them when i lived over there for a while.
They were terrible back then, in the mid nineties

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
To be honest Gortex i dont think Lambert is the right man for yiz.
Since he took over from O' Neill yiz have got worse each season, scraping survival this season...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Since he took over from O' Neill yiz have got worse each season, scraping survival this season...

I think he's a good manager and has done well with the little he has , he took over from Alex McLeish who tried his best to get us relegated as he did with Birmingham City.

Edit
Oh what a surprise , another 4-0

edit on 7-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm an Arsenal fan but I support Liverpool in this battle. The league has been kind of crazy with a lot of twists this year. My team led the league for most of the season then we had our annual breakdown. Then chelsea lost their game and Liverpool beat city and EVERYBODY thought 1st place was theirs. Then Gerrard dropped the ball and the 3-3 happened. Now it wouldn't surprise me if we have another twist coming the way the season's been so far...exiting stuff for sure!
Edit PS. I bet every single Liverpool fan is a Villa supporter right now...too bad city just scored...we´ll see how this goes.
edit on VAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 May 2014 15:12:37 -050037America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sadly, today's match pretty much sealed the deal.

Sorry, OP

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ah well, the biggest twist is yet to come...
City's last match is at home to West Ham
Andy Carroll is gonna score the winner, set up by a Stewart Downing cross from a pass by Joe Cole...

its got to happen...

edit on 8/5/14 by SecretKnowledge because: come on the hammers..

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Will that mean Kenny Dalglish will get MANAGER OF THE YEAR?

I've seen Liverpool fans talk about this....downer to Carroll for the winner would be the craziest thing ever. They'd make a movie about this season!! Hopefully Liverpool get it on the finale day....most of the people I know are pool fans, hope for their sake it's on next weekend!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

There will be a two minute silence on Merseyside if Liverpool don't win The Premiership Title.

top topics

join