It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia pulls back troops from Ukraine border (LIVE UPDATES)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is a live updated thread on the news in regards of the pull back of Russian troops on the Ukrainian border.

**Update; as far as we know the Russians have stipulated that they have withdrawn troops from the border, however other sources state
that that there is still Russian movement at the border but no retreat.

The US and Nato have said there is no evidence Russia has moved its forces back from the Ukrainian border despite the president saying his forces are "not on the Ukrainian border".

@NATOpress: #NATO SG @AndersFoghR in #Poland: "we haven't seen any signs that #Russia is withdrawing its troops."

news.sky.com...

edit on 07America/Chicagov47pm531300 by deviant300 because: Update

edit on 07America/Chicagov49pm531300 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

edit on 07America/Chicagov51pm531300 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What updates? ...the latest that MSM say or got any other sources?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

earlier today, before the high-beta, higher-trash selloff resumed, the main catalyst that pushed the market higher was the following headline:

PUTIN: RUSSIA PULLED BACK TROOPS FROM UKRAINIAN BORDER
Turns out all Putin was doing was merely trying to give his buddies yet another higher price level from which to sell. To wit:

NATO HAS NO INDICATION OF WITHDRAWAL OF RUSSIAN MILITARY FORCES FROM UKRAINE BORDER-NATO MILITARY OFFICIAL
UKRAINE SAYS RUSSIAN MILITARY DRILLS CONTINUING ON BORDER
UKRAINE BORDER SVC CAN'T SAY WHETHER RUSSIA ARMY IS WITHDRAWING
It is almost as if Putin was merely pulling the electronic legs of the high freaks with premeditated intent...

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have heard they said they pulled back, yet no evidence has been actually seen of them pulling back. Hardly needs live updates unless this actually happens or is just another play by Putin.

Good job creating this topic and not contributing a single thing to it too, classy.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Putin said Russian troops had pulled back to training grounds and locations for "regular exercises," but didn't specify whether those locations were in areas near Ukraine.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren, however, told Fox News the U.S. had "seen no change in Russian force posture along the Ukrainian border.”

Putin made the remarks in a Moscow meeting with Swiss President Didier Burkhalter.

"We're always being told that our forces on the Ukrainian border are a concern. We have withdrawn them. Today they are not on the Ukrainian border, they are in places where they conduct their regular tasks on training grounds," Putin said, according to Reuters.

www.foxnews.com...

When the rest of the world acknowledges this, I will consider it. Right now, it could just be some Putin-aganda...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Do you not have too at least show actual evidence of a "Massed 40K Troops" on the Russian Border/ Ukrainian Border?

Its like saying "tooth fairy leaves dollar under pillow",, more news too follow.

They did say they had Intel.

And it's ALWAYS,, 40 thousand,, when the number has NEVER varied,,,thats usually a good sign, its a bull# #.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
CNN Breaking news video on the page

FAKE, Russian propaganda!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Good job creating this topic and not contributing a single thing to it too, classy.

I know, huh?

What "troops", how far?

It won't change the fact American troops are building in Poland on the western border of Ukraine. I'm guessing they aren't there for the sausage.

Yah, its not Mainstream-ing source. Wonderful thing, the Internet.

RT

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well played Mister Putin,,clap, clap,

seem's he called in the Troops for some Mess Hall Duty,,

Tooth Fairy fly's off.

Yes the Presidential Election's lets see what happen's legally, sanctioned i might add,, by U.N / Nato / Usa /And most importantly,,,

CNN.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

I don't think it's true, but even if it were, where are these "normal training locations?" I'd imagine they are still in fast strike territory.. I'm not quite in the know enough or as smart as the game that's being played to understand Putin's endgame here.

I actually wonder if Russia is trying to prevent ww3, while maintaining, their current world standing, whereas other players would want more dire circumstances in order to stop their current fast loss of power and control.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This info is already on the update thread for the whole conflict, why make a new update thread for that piece of info? Me thinks someone is looking for flags and stars.
edit on 7-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There has been news of Russia pulling back for several weeks now and nothing happens.. news would be them actually doing it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
situation normal all #ed up
fubar

"@NATOpress: #NATO SG @AndersFoghR in #Poland: "we haven't seen any signs that #Russia is withdrawing its troops."

someone want too let him know,,,typical U.N / Nato chain of Command,,

none.
edit on 5/7/2014 by BobAthome because: ou

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Satellite Recon Photos or it didn't happen

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
But how can they withdraw 40,000 troops when - according to the Russians - they were never there in the first place?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Pulling back can be retreating, or it can be changing his mind on policy.....or it can merely be getting them out of the way.

If it turns out to have truth as the time passes....I'd think hard on the latter and look to what strategic advantage or freedom of action the lack of friendly troops on the land border would give.

I think in odd ways..I know..but sometimes, it leads to interesting things too.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

I know, huh?

What "troops", how far?

It won't change the fact American troops are building in Poland on the western border of Ukraine. I'm guessing they aren't there for the sausage.

Yah, its not Mainstream-ing source. Wonderful thing, the Internet.

RT

600 troops is a build up LMAO

Common, these 600 troops where sent as a NATO deployment to ease the worried NATO members of Russia's 40,000+ troop build ups on Ukraines boarders to which NATO not once but twice provided evidence of

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is all Putin "Jaw Jaw"
No new truths... only new shades of lies!
edit on Wed, 07 May 2014 13:55:32 -0500551America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Russian troops in Russia near the border? Don't they disarm military after NATO decided shielding them against Iran in Poland with high tech US systems?

In the next few days:

NATO: There are no satellite evidence of troop withdrawal.

Russia: Please come to see it with your own eyes.

NATO: We are at hard work deploying military to Eastern European NATO-partners, so have no time for travelling there, only after participating in antiterrorist exercise with our new legitim ukrainian government's National Guard (nicknamed Right Sector) in eastern Ukraine...

...and don't forget, Russia is responsible for everything...
edit on 7-5-2014 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

600 troops is a build up LMAO

I did use the term building…

I bet they call it Ukrainian Shield . Just like the "defensive missile shield" there, too. Manned by "contractors". Just a "few".

You can believe their official press releases if you like…

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join