It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria's government defends its actions as more girls are abducted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ninipe
religions are more or less very old and weird(depends on your taste) cautionary tales to prevent stuff like this from happening?
Maybe it's time for a lesson on religion?

www.evilbible.com...

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)"
So hopefully you can imagine my shock when someone suggested I could get my moral values from this collection of books. I don't think so.

The way Muslim women are treated is pretty bad, even if they are not technically slaves, in some ways they are treated as slaves, but these kidnapped girls are apparently treated even worse. I hope they can be returned to their families, but I don't think buying them to do so is such a great idea, because in a way, you'd be supporting the human trafficking, even if your intentions were honorable. They need to be rescued without paying for them IMO.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrinkMoreWater

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Too bad George Zimmerman didn't kidnap these girls. The American black grievance industry would have been much more outraged and outspoken. Maybe obama might even speak out about how these girls could have been his daughters like his son Trayvon.

Why is this type of racist speech allowed on such a heavily moderated forum? I'm not going to snitch on you for it (because I am not like you, who surely would snitch on me for any little thing), but that is really pathetic.

Trayvon got shot for looking like a street kid in a rich neighborhood. That could have been anyone's kid. Instead of teaching our children to defend themselves with fists from people following them and being aggressive, should we instead teach them to stab or shoot them just to be safe? Zimmerman initiated the confrontation with malice AND drew a weapon during the fight that ensued. Trayvon, if armed, should have shot him - and I wish he did. The wrong one ended up in a casket.

That has nothing to do with Nigeria's government and the kidnappings. But since Nigerians are mostly black, you probably care about as much about them as Trayvon.

Get your facts straight before you make such a serious accusation of racism. Obama injected race into the case, biasing an ongoing investigation.

Trayvon was killed because he made the decision to go back and commit felony assault when he could have just went home. It was proven self defense by the victim, George Zimmerman, as determined in a court of law.

So yes, I did make unfair comparison since these girls are completely innocent.

(post by DrinkMoreWater removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just a year ago the Nigerian Government was advocating for amnesty for boko haram. I don't think Goodluck Jonathon can be trusted.

Rev Jesse Jackson backs amnesty for Boko Haram on May 19, 2013

Renowned American Rights Activist, Rev. Jesse Jackson has thrown his weight behind the Federal Government decision to offer amnesty to Boko Haram sect.

- See more at: www.vanguardngr.com...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ninipe
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Of what? Helping?

No the opposite as usual

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
FYI

The Nigerian Constitution, does not have a 'right to bear arms', but it does have one against slavery.

34. (1) Every individual is entitled to respect for the dignity of his person, and accordingly -

(a) no person shall be subject to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment;

(b) no person shall he held in slavery or servitude; and

(c) no person shall be required to perform forced of compulsory labour.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lokin
a reply to: WarminIndy

I'm sorry, I usually let comments like yours just roll on by. This time, no. You're PROUD of the fact that your "missionary" relative yelled at another religion to be quiet as they called their congregation to prayer??? Why, exactly, is his religion more important than theirs? Your relative is perfect example of why so many are turning their backs on Christianity. Ugly American comes to mind...

You are completely deluded if you think that all relgions and all philosophies have equal value. If you really believe this, then you should be celebrating the kidnapping of the girls, to be sold into sex slavery. After all it's just another legitimate expression of a non-christian faith. To you lib.s and christian atheists, anything non-christian and hostile to the culture that raised you is 'good'!

Truly Bezmenov was right about the total soviet demoralization of Western society. Moreover our leaders are more than contemptible. Here they are sneaking around with their regime change antics, selling arms to terrorists and sending in snipers to create havoc, no doubt telling themselves they are doing what's right (in their own eyes), yet they don't give rats behind about the mayhem being caused by these fanatical, satanic, muslim fascist terrorists.

One other point you seemed to have missed. What if Jesus really was God's son and thus the Bible was correct? Wouldn't that be the right thing to do, to denounce a satanic religion that is destroying souls. You need to deprogram yourself from the "all cultures are equal" crock of dung.
edit on 7-5-2014 by SevenThunders because: grammar

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The status. Quo has got to go, now. For real. All around the world. Now. Enough is enough. All around the world , the People need each other, we are all one. Through these bums out!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
In the context of what was occurring in Biblical times, people would sell themselves into slavery for 7 years routinely. God also outlines the blueprint for how fully enslaved people (as opposed to the common forms of Roman slavery) can bring themselves out of slavery. The Bible was extremely uplifting to the morale of slaves in America which is a big part of why slaves weren't supposed to read.
Athiests always leave out the passage which says that the Lord shows no partiality between servants and their masters. According to what the Bible says, the vast majority of slave masters were in perpetual sin against God for how they treated their slaves.

What many atheists intentionally neglect is that after death comes judgement, and God specifically stated that He is impartial. Sounds like a lot of the slave masters in America might have gotten the short end of the stick. Cutting people's legs off for running away and torturing them for disobedience? You think God approved of this?

Further, God is constantly talking about saving the oppressed and destroying the oppressors.

You should consider things in full and realize that you must account for what you say to God.
edit on 7-5-2014 by DrinkMoreWater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

It's too bad the POTUS didn't show this much concern for Benghazi and send help right away as he is doing in Nigeria. It's been 3 weeks since the girls were kidnaped, it's been a year and a half and the perpetrators still haven't been brought to justice, no help ever showed up. The FBI didn't go and investigate for a week, wasn't much evidence at that point. I guess it just doesn't look good on TV yet. Hopefully we do a better job in Nigeria, and help rescue these girls before anything happens to them.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

The possibility of these young ladies being sold on the black market is a horrific thought to contemplate.

However, I question whether it would be possible, having announced as much on video. You see, there are only so many places and people who would be able to function such a massive bulk sale as the one which appears to be in the offing, and because the intention to sell is known, staking out the big players, and the venues known to only intelligence organisations, and the traders themselves, would be less of a hardship than one might think. It would certainly be easier than sweeping a stretch of land with the same surface area as Belgium in order to locate the Boko Haram camp where they must be hiding the girls at this time.

I personally think that the video is a red herring, and that the real intention, is for the extremists to farm sons using the girls as breeding material, to swell their future ranks so to speak. I certainly do not think that if there was the remotest probability of these young ladies being put to market, that they would have announced it before hand. That would lay an opportunity to prevent the sale, at the feet of any intelligence organisation worth a crap.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Best not send in western advisors and troops... May get accused of something again

This is the best argument against sending troops there to help. I would like to see these men stopped just as much as anyone else, but if we come in, uninvited and untrusted to do our job, we will create more problems for our country that what its worth. Its a sad truth.

I wish it were as simple as going in there and rescuing these girls, but its not.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

I am a Christian and the poster you are replying to is right. Not only is it disrespectful, it's also shockingly stupid to do what the "uncle missionary" did.

The problem with many "right wingers" (used in quotes for the people who agree with nuking the middle east but do not define themselves as right wing) is that they lump all people of a specific culture or religion together. One of the best religious conversations I ever had was with a Muslim friend. Since we started from the same God, it is actually pretty simple to agree on many points. And just like the Kuran, the Bible also has many passages where slavery is permitted; that's just a fact. Most Christians (just like most Muslims) realize that we no longer need to follow such passages. At the end of a couple hours chatting with my friend, he encouraged me to follow the Bible more (I am kind of relaxed in my religious fervor). He never once told me I was wrong.

So yes, yelling at people of another faith is exactly the wrong thing to do. If a Muslim shouted outside a church on Sunday morning I am sure you would be pretty upset, as you should be. Wrong is wrong, not matter which side is doing it. Forcing someone to follow your religion is the exact same thing that SOME Christians complain about Muslims doing. The way I see it is, they have their faith,I have mine. It is not my place to tell them they are wrong. It's all a matter of faith, and that cannot be proven.

Addressing the thread topic, this might be one case where I would actually be in favour of commandos going in and taking out this bastard leader of boko haram.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Sadly I think you are correct. There have been too many times "we" (the west) have gone in to "solve a problem" and then have done worse things, or been perceived to have done worse things. Too much risk of blowback, though I think a case could be made for intervention here.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

Sorry, your words suggest that you are a christian atheist. Christ is like santa claus to you and the Bible is just literature. I'm certain you don't believe in the devil either. It is true that the missionaries tactics may not have been the best, but we really don't know judging from the circumstances. We emphatically do NOT worship the same god. Muhammed was demon possessed by his own admission.

Allah, prior to Muhammed was an idol, a moon god, that they idolized via a meteorite fragment, such as they did in Ephesus with the Diana cult worship in Paul's day. That is why Islam has a crescent moon symbol and they kiss the black rock.

You can just look at the teachings.

Jesus: "Love your enemies"
Muhammed: "Smite the unbeliever on the neck."

Furthermore your Biblical scholarship is poor. The Bible condemns slavery. The word slave in the old testament is better translated as indentured servant. The terms of service was limited to 7 years and slavers are in the list of sins that condemn one to hell.

Now during Biblical times slavery was widespread, so the Bible addressed the practice in a humane fashion, urging slave owners to not mistreat their slaves; and of course Paul asked slavers to give up their slaves. Moreover the New Testament teaches that slaves, masters and people of different races are all equal under God; which was and is a radical teaching.

It was christians that abolished slavery in the West. Muslims still practice slavery.

Again my point is that not all beliefs are of equal merit. It is painfully obvious in this case, but the leftist brainwashing in the West are forcing the cognitive dissonant thought that all cultures are equal and actually that all non-christian cultures are more equal and better than those mores that made the worlds greatest civilization.

The poor brainwashed masses don't even realized that they have been trained to destroy their own civilization! You have a cognitive bias to ignore these atrocities and accept the religion and culture that created them as superior! It's really pathetic and sad.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

Nope, I know that Jesus died for my sins and the Bible is not just literature. I also follow the words of Jesus when he commands we love our neighbors as ourselves and forgive our enemies. He also commands us not to judge others. Sadly many Christians pass over those parts of the Word and simply follow the parts about smiting enemies and such. We are commanded to not judge others. I believe God is perfectly capable of judging us all when the times comes; he does not need our help.

I agree with you on interpretations of slavery in the Bible, but the fact remains it DOES talk about slavery. Of course we know longer have "indentured servants." Just as most Muslims no longer follow such teachings in the Koran. Sadly many people, both Christians and Muslims, only allow themselves to see the bad in the other religion, the minority who warp the religious teachings they claim to follow. I refuse to do that. There are bad Muslims, yes. There are also terrible people who call themselves Christians. I choose not to do that. Again, God is the judge; we are not.

And again, to try to get back on topic, this is one case where I would be in favour of some form of military/covert action to free those poor girls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join