It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria's government defends its actions as more girls are abducted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Abuja, Nigeria (CNN) -- Nigeria defended its response to the kidnapping of hundreds of schoolgirls by the terror group Boko Haram, even as details emerged Tuesday about a second mass abduction, adding to a growing global outrage over the fate of the children.

even as the help was offered to Jonathan, new details were emerging about the abduction of at least eight girls between the ages of 12 and 15, who were snatched Sunday night from the village of Warabe.

Villagers in Warabe told CNN that gunmen moved from door-to-door late Sunday, snatching the girls and beating anybody who tried to stop them.

Nigeria's government defends its actions as more girls are abducted

The group responsible for all this is called Boko Haram, In the local Hausa language it
translates to "Western education is sin"
The group has said its aim is to impose a stricter enforcement of Sharia law across Africa and that was the reason for taking all those girls out of their boarding school

Change dot org has a world wide petition Bring Back Nigeria's 200 Missing School Girls #BringBackOurGirls

I doubt it will do any good as this guy seems intent on selling those kids to sex slavers

A man claiming to be Shekau appeared in a video announcing he would sell his victims. The video was first obtained Monday by Agence-France Presse.

"I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah," he said, according to a CNN translation from the local Hausa language. "There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell. He commands me to sell. I will sell women. I sell women."

In another Story by The Guardian they say,

Kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls taken as brides by militants, relatives told

Relatives say they have been told of mass weddings involving insurgents and some of the girls abducted two weeks ago
"We have heard from members of the forest community where they took the girls. They said there had been mass marriages and the girls are being shared out as wives among the Boko Haram militants,"

The Nigerian president admits Islamists have secret backers in government, tipping them off as to where the Army will be searching next, allowing this highly mobile guerrilla group to simply vanish.

Anyway you look at it, this who things is just one big mess and as the father of two young girls my prayers and thoughts are for the speedy safe return of these children.
edit on 7-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
The Nigerian president admits Islamists have secret backers in government, tipping them off as to where the Army will be searching next, allowing this highly mobile guerrilla group to simply vanish. .

Well then, it looks like a big force will have to go in and clean house .. without the gov't knowing when or where that force is coming from, or when or where it is going. Shoot down every one of those sick SOBs. Their god says to kidnap children and sell them as slaves ... not exactly an entity worthy of worship. Sounds downright evil to me.

What force ?? I don't know. Arm the parents at least.
But someone should do something.

Side note - Why do Obama and McCain want to arm and help the Syrian 'rebels' that are really terrorists, but they haven't said anything about helping these parents be reunited with their kidnapped children?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This morning the wife and I were watching a little news blip.
the ABC reporter said some of the girls might have been sold in Chad for as little as $12 USD.

I told my wife we should take up a collection and buy these girls back, send them home. and when they try to kidnap more girls to sell we'll be waiting for them with rifles set to 'Rock & Roll' baby!

edit on 7-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I told my wife we should take up a collection and buy these girls back, send them home. and when they try to kidnap more girls to sell we'll be waiting for them with rifles set to 'Rock & Roll' baby!

Why haven't you yet?

While your at it, you and the wife should take a hop over to north korea and free the country from its tyrranical leadership, then right all the wrongs in the world with a couple trusty guns.

Me, I daydream more on the ability to shapeshift...but yours is nice also...bit old west and impractical, but hey, all tplans are flawless in the imagination.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I remember a woman here in the USA doing just that. A little boy was sold as a slave to go pearl diving or oyster diving or something. She collected the money and went through channels .. bought him and returned him home. Her story was on Oprah and in the papers. This was a few years ago. I'm doing a google search ...

'The Little Boy Oprah Couldn't Forget'

Story Here

I'm looking for more on that. Originally it ran in the New York Times, I think.

If those women could do it ... others can.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

This morning the wife and I were watching a little news blip.
the ABC reporter said some of the girls might have been sold in Chad for as little as $12 USD.

Well, if $12 is all it takes, let's start rescuing them by sending our money. I've got $12 to spare a girl from a life of torture. My uncle is a missionary and has been to Nigeria, wait until I tell him about this, he will go ballistic. One time in Nigeria, he was preaching in a small town and was annoyed by the call to prayer from the mosque, so he calls over to them as loud as he can "Y'all need to shut up, allah ain't God" in his redneck manner. The hotel management had to make him stop, but then he waited until the next time....and did it again.

Surely with a little money, we can build houses for them to live in and provide monthly for them. $12 once might rescue them, but perhaps $50 a month might take care of them for a while? I'm ready now to send money.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Why haven't you yet?

While your at it, you and the wife should take a hop over to north korea and free the country from its tyrranical leadership, then right all the wrongs in the world with a couple trusty guns.

Me, I daydream more on the ability to shapeshift...but yours is nice also...bit old west and impractical, but hey, all tplans are flawless in the imagination.

Hmm, you do realize the bad guys have guns too, don't you.

Oh wait, snap, bad guys are just misunderstood, right?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Why haven't you yet?

Hmm, you do realize the bad guys have guns too, don't you.

Oh wait, snap, bad guys are just misunderstood, right?

You do realize you replied to me, right?
If it was a mistake, no worries. if it wasn't, then I would refer you to the local dictionary and read the word "sarcasm".

The idea that a hubby and wife team could jump on a plane, free the slaves, then fight off Nigerian slavers and warlords is a daydream (which is what I was pointing out)...
And sure..bad guys are often misunderstood...but debating the finer points of life and morality goes out the window when abductions happen

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I'll chip for that.
Maybe see if the embassy there could recommend a third party... someone who wouldn't just run off with the money but wants to see these girls back safe and sound like the rest of us.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

SaturnFX I knew what you going for...

but it's just so frustrating not be proactive in this case.
it's a father of young daughter's kind of visceral reaction I guess.
makes me overly protective.

But I really would chip in a few bucks if could get even one of those kids back to her parents.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What force ?? I don't know. Arm the parents at least.
If the gov. cared about their people, they would arm them and train militias.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

SaturnFX I knew what you going for...

but it's just so frustrating not be proactive in this case.
it's a father of young daughter's kind of visceral reaction I guess.
makes me overly protective.

But I really would chip in a few bucks if could get even one of those kids back to her parents.

Yes, this western outrage is ultimately making the girls more valueable for anti-western "collectors"...
The only good outcome here would be for non-western military to go in and take out the slavers

There are a lot of slavers in the world however, this one made the news due to the sheer amount taken at once..but there are often dozens being abducted and stole on the black market daily..so this won't fix any problem...but it will let the westerners feel better about themselves, and would help out those specific girls for the most part.
Certainly won't be resolving any issues overall though. wack-a-mole. smack one down, another will pop up.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I'm sorry, I usually let comments like yours just roll on by. This time, no. You're PROUD of the fact that your "missionary" relative yelled at another religion to be quiet as they called their congregation to prayer??? Why, exactly, is his religion more important than theirs? Your relative is perfect example of why so many are turning their backs on Christianity. Ugly American comes to mind...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So what about,,"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness,,
or are these God given Laws only applicable in the United States?

I just thought it would be nice if the idea of Slavery for any human being was a dead end.

sad.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
hell is just another place on earth.
what has to be wrong with them to think it is okay to sell this poor little girls, and wtf is wrong with this world in general? what god would be okay with something like this? shouldn't we have grown to accept by now: religions are more or less very old and weird(depends on your taste) cautionary tales to prevent stuff like this from happening?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Best not send in western advisors and troops... May get accused of something again

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Of what? Helping?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Some MIRRORS need to help with these ill minded projections, this is sad...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join