It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Closing: America’s Pot Farmers Are Putting Mexican Cartels Out of Business

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
What amazes me, is that they act surprised by the news...

Comparing it to prohibition is spot on. Organized crime became rampant during prohibition... the Mexican drug cartels are simply supplying a demand. When the supply becomes legal, organized crime can no longer compete. In addition, the medical users that I know want a quality product without dangerous chemicals and pesticides... The stuff from Mexico? You'd be better off smoking a battery.

Yes it is amazing..Stevie Wonder could see this coming , the only type of people who didnt see this coming are the close minded whos sensibilities are offended by the topic. It really is common sense capitalism at work..basic law of supply and demand that a child could understand.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What the article and this discussion in general fails to see is the increase in chemical drug abuse by american and mexican kids.

Some people I have worked with in rehab clinics tell me that pot is not considered as "fun" by some of the most vulnerable crowds out there, not to mention that right now pot is much more expensive than some chemical substances in the market these days.

Drug cartels always go for the easy pickings, and for the vulnerable crowds, the drug debate is not something won with guns and propaganda, only education, and responsibility can overthrow that sad situation from our societies...

When poverty and ignorance become more prevalent, substance abuse gets a firm grip.

Those statistics just mean cartels are leaving the less profitable endeavors for greener pastures.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Since banks still don't know what the Fed policy is, they don't take pot money, even if it is legal locally for fear of getting their assets seized by the gov.

This is no longer true in Colorado.

Governor passed a law allowing banks to create loans for recreational MJ shops in certain CO counties (not Weld or Arapaho). And that no financial transaction can be voided due to legal substance sales. I do not know if this has happened in WA yet.

God Bless,

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yah I think this is awesome.

Everybody Idiotized by the Legal drugs so they dont care how the government is raping them in the ass.

Good work drug legalizers good work.

The new american dream is facebook, instagram, and a big pot or marijuana.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

The DEA IS a cartel. They are pissed because it is not and never was about lowering crime, it is about making money. Sure the government can make "some" money by taxing the Marijuana, but not NEARLY as much money as if it were illegal, and selling it for higher street prices.
Firepiston

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
It's certainly about time!!

The ridiculous "Reefer Madness" craze is soooooo yesterday.
I just wanted to S/F you and comment that I see hope down the line, before the mods close the thread.

Keep the conversation on Prohibition, and not what is being prohibited and it should technically be fine, I requested mods to look over the thread already.

We could make thread after thread about prescription drugs and the mods would not delete them, which are ILLEGAL without a prescription, just as MJ is. If that in itself isn't blatantly clear that this site has gov hands/propaganda all in it.
Firepiston
edit on 9-5-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElohimJD

originally posted by: Indigo5

Since banks still don't know what the Fed policy is, they don't take pot money, even if it is legal locally for fear of getting their assets seized by the gov.

This is no longer true in Colorado.

Governor passed a law allowing banks to create loans for recreational MJ shops in certain CO counties (not Weld or Arapaho). And that no financial transaction can be voided due to legal substance sales. I do not know if this has happened in WA yet.

God Bless,

Understood, but the Fed regulates banking. Banks take a risk in holding accounts associated with Marijuana sales, so they don't do it. Even if the STATE of Colorado says it's OK, the Fed can slam that bank and seize funds. Until that changes, it's a cash business.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Well, in that case the business owners should start their own state-insured credit union/co-op.

I'm sure there are some kind of Federal laws prohibiting just anyone from creating their own non-FDIC/NCUA credit union or bank, however.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

No, no, just curious. It seemed inconsistent.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalfAWorldAway
Yah I think this is awesome.

Everybody Idiotized by the Legal drugs so they dont care how the government is raping them in the ass.

Good work drug legalizers good work.

The new american dream is facebook, instagram, and a big pot or marijuana.

More of a chance becoming "idiotized" by the plethora of pharma choices. Ambien, Zoloft, Effexor, Ritalin (methamphetamine), etc.

Pot is something that increase blood flow to the brain, yeah that is bad

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Frankly the local banking space is ripe for entrepreneurship. The first one that invests in a non-traditional credit union or bank, structured in a way that circumvents the Federal threat is going to rake in the cash, literally.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

In my state, they are talking about setting up credit unions for the money from marijuana.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join