It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested for Speaking Out at School Board Meeting - Video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There's one concerned parent who will no longer be in the 'protect and serve' Matrix. I've never seen such a scenario, and what about the rest of those people, did they just not like the man for speaking out?
Don't you just get sick to the heart.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Just spotted this. ROFL WOW.

Author Jodi Picoult told the Union-Leader that she was aware of the controversy in Gilford. Her solution was to make the novel a family affair.

“Read the book with your kids, by all means use it as a springboard for discussion with your kids,” she told the newspaper.

www.foxnews.com...

Oh yeah, reading about "____ ___ pooling on the carpet" is pure family fun! I wonder if she reads it to her three children at bed time?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

i'm guessing you missed the part where he was being loud, obnoxious, and disruptive?

i'm guessing you also missed the part where he refused to settle down when asked, and refused to leave when asked, and insisted that he be arrested.

if he hadn't been a jackass, and made a scene, this thread wouldn't exist.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: LadyJae

Just spotted this. ROFL WOW.

Author Jodi Picoult told the Union-Leader that she was aware of the controversy in Gilford. Her solution was to make the novel a family affair.

“Read the book with your kids, by all means use it as a springboard for discussion with your kids,” she told the newspaper.

www.foxnews.com...

Oh yeah, reading about "____ ___ pooling on the carpet" is pure family fun! I wonder if she reads it to her three children at bed time?

I'm sure it makes for a rollicking discussion.

J

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

sure, because that ONE PAGE is the entire book...

way to ignore the book as a whole, and fixate on the sensational

this whole thing is just overblown....again, the guy was out of line...there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things....he chose poorly..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I have a stinking suspicion that you have not read my first and second post on this thread where I not only take issue with that one page but the entire book, itself, citing the issues that arose from a similar book called Rage in the late 90's that was found to be strongly associated with school shooters (enough so where the author, Stephen King and the publisher took it out of print).

Try again. I'm the one of the few on this thread that threw a fit about the "entire book" based on what happened last time.

Nice try.

P.S. You can find that opinion right here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/5/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

no, i saw the posts....and i saw the assumptions...

but you also seem to be fixating on the issue of this one page that is so incredibly awful, that if anyone under the age of 18 reads it, the universe will implode...

yeah, sure, it's a bit graphic, but by the time you're a high school freshman, chances are, you've already had discussions with friends, that are just as graphic...

this could very easily spiral into a debate about human nature, and what acceptable levels of control are, and that really WOULD be off topic....i've reached my daily quota for zapped posts, so i'll stop here....

you have yourself a good one.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

i'm guessing you missed the part where he was being loud, obnoxious, and disruptive?

i'm guessing you also missed the part where he refused to settle down when asked, and refused to leave when asked, and insisted that he be arrested.

if he hadn't been a jackass, and made a scene, this thread wouldn't exist.

True, but he wouldn't have been a jackass if schools weren't showing sexually explicit material to kids.

I'd say call it even.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

sure, because that ONE PAGE is the entire book...

way to ignore the book as a whole, and fixate on the sensational

this whole thing is just overblown....again, the guy was out of line...there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things....he chose poorly..

There shouldn't be any sensational stories in sex ed. "The guy was out of line."

At what point is someone justified in acting "out of line?" When they feel that the school has betrayed his trust as a parent by doing something he finds morally wrong and corrupting to his child's mind?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Just because you repeat your accusation twice doesn't make it anymore true. I spoke up now three times on the issue of the subject matter of the book on this thread. Since you're so hot on the subject matter, let's talk about it.

Apparently, both the Heath High School and Columbine shootings are mentioned in "Nineteen Minutes". Jodi Picoult claimed that she researched the shootings before writing the book. The Heath High School shooter was a young man by the name of Michael Carneal, who USA Today observed to be the most likely model for Picoult's character, Peter. Well, the interesting thing about Michael Carneal was that he was the final shooter to have "Rage" by Richard Bachmann aka Stephen King (also a story about a school shooter), which prompted King and his publisher to pull it out of print. In his keynote address to the Vermont Library Conference, King discussed the issue of Rage and school shootings.

[quote]I can't say for sure that Michael Carneal, the boy from Kentucky who shot three of his classmates dead as they prayed before school, had read my novel, Rage, but news stories following the incident reported that a copy of it had been found in his locker. It seems likely to me that he did. Rage had been mentioned in at least one other school shooting, and in the wake of that one an FBI agent asked if he could interview me on the subject, with an eye to setting up a computer profile that would help identify potentially dangerous adolescents. The Carneal incident was enough for me. I asked my publisher to take the damned thing out of print. They concurred. Are there still copies of Rage available? Yes, of course, some in libraries where you ladies and gentlemen ply your trade. Because, like the guns and the explosives and the Ninja throwing-stars you can buy over the Internet, all that stuff is just lying around and waiting for someone to pick it up.
Full speech: www.horrorking.com...

So Picoult researched the shootings at Columbine and Heath and, despite Rage being associated with both, decided to write a book on the same subject despite yet another great author having done the same and regretted it. How very irresponsible of her.

Let's talk about that.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa

What bugged me the most is that the other parents did naff all, they just sat there and pretended nothing was happening.

Maybe the other parents can't read.
Just saying

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Do you mean like the crowd scenes in Congress? or when Whinston Churchill said to Lady Astor she was ugly? nobody got arrested, a two minute rule for parents who could go the whole mile on observed affects? obviously not the concern of this school board. Are you a comedian by any chance?
edit on 7-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, everybody just turned a blind eye. That is to be expected in today's numbed down society.

What really got on my nerves was the woman that just kept repeating "Sir" "Sir" to make him seem like he's a looney just because he's trying to voice his opinion. She is playing the role of the useful idiot pretty well as she tries to downplay the guy's concerns as if they were just bunk.

If it were me, I'd make a scene by telling everybody to look closely at what is happening, because it will be you next.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
Holy sheet I don't think i'd be able to keep my cool if I were the guy.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Goes to show ... when the presence of cops is required between a meeting of school employees and parents ... your kids should probably not be enrolled in that system ... nor should you be taxed.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Oh great...ANOTHER OVERWEIGHT DONUT ADDICT ....abuses his authority by being far to stupid to be able to control the situation without resorting to force....

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Why the hell is there a cop at a School Board meeting?

Am I missing something important here?

Here in Australia, we serve coffees and biscuits.
We have a bit of an argument and a laugh, and that's that.

What I saw in that video was just pathetic.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So many people simply missing the point.

a) This man was not arrested for violating a "2 minute rule"

b) he was not arrested for speaking out of turn

He was arrested for "disorderly conduct".

I could write a whole book on this charge. To sum it up quickly.. it is a blanket charge that can mean absolutely anything an Officer wants it to mean. In this case, it is being used because this man did not get up and follow the Officer as soon as he was asked to do so.

Is it stupid? Absolutely it is, but people have accepted these types of blanket laws because in the past they were used to your advantage. Now they are just used. So how do you like it now?

Fact is, we can bitch and moan all day long about laws and Government, but what have you done in your community to have these laws wiped away? What have you done to raise awareness that these blanket laws are unjust?

As stupid as it is, the Officer has every right to arrest that man because "We the People" have allowed our legislatures at every level of Government to continue to pass these victimless laws.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman1955
a reply to: Ezappa

What bugged me the most is that the other parents did naff all, they just sat there and pretended nothing was happening.

Maybe the other parents can't read.
Just saying

did naff all about what?

a rude jackass getting himself arrested?

are we really becoming such a rude society, where we think acting the way this guy acted, when there are proper channels available, is acceptable?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrinkMoreWater
True, but he wouldn't have been a jackass if schools weren't showing sexually explicit material to kids.

I'd say call it even.

i seriously doubt that....if it wasn't this, he'd find something else to be a jackass about..i've met plenty of people like him, i know the type..

originally posted by: DrinkMoreWater
There shouldn't be any sensational stories in sex ed. "The guy was out of line."

it wasn't sex ed.

At what point is someone justified in acting "out of line?" When they feel that the school has betrayed his trust as a parent by doing something he finds morally wrong and corrupting to his child's mind?

if you're ultra touchy, and have no tact, decorum, respect for the other parents, sense of propriety, or willingness to address what you see as a problem, in the correct way....sure, i guess that could justify bad behavior.....but people like that tend to get themselves arrested...o wait...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join