It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plumbers by day...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lchoro
The mysterious figure in the cape has been exposed as a TAPS-perpetrated hoax. An outside investigator, who analyzed the film, found that there was a guy who creeped along the wall, walked in front of the camera view in crouched position, popped up and started running away.

From reading all the discussion there, I get the impression that they
aren't sure if Brian was talking about his reenactment of the spook,
or if he was admitting to faking the spook.

Either way ... what my husband and I saw when the spook ran down
the hall ... the bottom of the shoes were a tan color AND there were
treads on them. They went left to right ... like work book treads,
but they were tan like walking shoes. The cape didn't reach far
enough down. They were very modern looking shoes.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yup, the apparition should be dressed according to the context of the location, and I would never believe that a prison would permit an inmate or a guard to wear a cloak, even a deceased one.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Even so, assuming it was a hoax, who's to say TAPS did it? They seemed to be examining it as a possible hoax, too. I just think it is one of those things that you can never really be sure of either way.

I wish they would go back and do a 2nd investigation of the place, hopefully with more "activity." I have yet to see anything on tape to truly give me the willies. And lord knows, thats the only way I wanna see any freaky hauntings!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
I wish they would go back and do a 2nd investigation of the place,
... thats the only way I wanna see any freaky hauntings!

We live fairly close to the prision. It's just about 40 minutes away.
I don't know if they have tours or not. I'm going to check into it.
I have my EMF meter, and my recorder for EVPs as well as the
digital camera (no infra-red camera yet ... it costs too much $$).
If they allow tours I'll be doing some of my own amature
investigations.
Thankfully, it will be during daylight and I'll
be with other people so I shouldn't run into that cloaked
shadowy thing. YIKES! Give me Casper ... I'm not into the
really spooky stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Flyersfan- Thats great! Please keep us all posted if you do a little investigating of your own! I think they do have tours. While visiting my parents for thanksgiving, and was watching the Marathon while doing my pie-baking, and my dad (who is from Philly originally), told me he has been on a tour of Eastern State. I have no idea how long ago that was though. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I've seen a couple of episodes. It's entertaining, but I'm not sure how real it is. What do you think? Are the things they show 'proof' or are they just hoaxes for the camera?

I find the Proof Positive show more informative regarding the paranormal. They had a couple who brought in copies of a film they made while in the Gettysburg battlefield that purported to show a spirit streaking across the background. The photography expert they had on thoroughly debunked the film as a product of digital editing.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
I have been watching a new show on the Scifi Channel, the one about the men who are plumbers by day and ghost hunters by night and was wondering: besides getting paid to do the show, do the get paid to investigate the hauntings or is it just a hobby? If it is the former I would reeeeally love to quit my job and become a paranormal investigator. Anyone care to join me?

But of course :-)
I'll even take care of setting up the business org for you. Cost all of 7$ if you do it yourself.

Really though. I bet there would be callers if you did set up a business name and number. There are aot of people (how on earth they get my addy is beyond me), that have problems or conserns. Of course, there are more of them that are just board and imagining things though

RR

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here's an earlier thread (started by moi) concerning the Eastern State Penn video with some analysis by me and a few other ATS members.

Check it out HERE

[edit on 2-12-2004 by RR]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thanks for link to the old thread which has the slo-mo video. It looks to me as someone walking backwards towards the camera crouched so as obscure his appearance. He mysteriously appears when he rises out of his crouch, runs, and the cape rises to reveal his left pant leg and sneaker.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm sure that there are a lot of people that have been inspired to study the paranormal from watching this show: fake or not. I don't know. I've always wanted to explore the paranormal and conspiracy theories. Maybe when I save enough money I'll wander around the United States or the world searching for the truth like a rouge agent Mulder, and post my findings on ATS. Hopefully, I won't wake up in UFO surrounded by super soldiers shoving anal probes up my ***.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I watched the show last night (12/15)
It said 'season finale'. Uh ... it's only mid year.
Is it really 'series finale' ????

Either way ... it was a dull show for the end
of the season/series.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I missed the part where it said finale... But I highly doubt it was the Series finale. The show is just getting popular! I'll be really bummed out if it doesn't come back-- and fast!
And we were about to see how hot it would get between Steve and Sherry!

err..I am mildly addicted, you could say.

**minutes pass by..tick tick tick**

Yeah! I am confident. I put on my thinkin cap and realized, last night, when the alleged season finale of our beloved Ghost Hunters ran, America's Next Top Model ran its season finale just an hour earlier (Eva- you go, girl!).... They mentioned tryouts for next season, so I am assuming reality tv has a different time frame. Ghost Hunters shall return

uhhh not that I watch tv or anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join