It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation, Another City Bites The Dust.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hi therea reply to: [post=17894875]YogaGinns the problem Thayer are having in this place in India is not the teeth problem, it's something to do with their bones or something like that, I should really research it again so I can tell you for sure,.......

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
Whats funny, is in Portland they tried to sneak it past in a City council vote but the people forced the issue to a vote.

If its so innocent why the push, and why persisting despite the will of the people?

The next question is, since when are we okay with the GOVERNMENT deciding we need a chemical, who cares the reason.

Many thanks for posting in an emotionally energized thread, myself I know you don't post much in chit chat and that says something.

Our city in Ontario was if not the first in the world we were second to do the Fluoride treatment in the public water supply and its nice to know there is a good possibility it may be gone shortly.

Hence my Happy dance today learning that a city of millions will be free of this known toxin.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The simple fact is even if, for pure argument's sake, it could be demonstrated that fluoride has some beneficial health effects, that is not the point. It is still a form of medication, and it should ALWAYS be a choice whether a person decides to take it. I mean, they wouldn't put aspirin in the water to try to prevent headaches now, would they!? So, why is fluoride ok? On a purely simple level of argument, what if some people were allergic to it like other medicines? What would the government suggest they do? (By the way, don't get me wrong, I don't believe that fluoride is at all good for people, but I'm just putting things in a different context for those that do).

As a second point of interest, it always bothers me when people suggest that it is being added to water for the health benefits. Because honestly, when did western countries start really giving two craps about people's health? Last time I checked, there's a McDonalds on every corner.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For those who are on the fence.

All across the world, we see the same push by governments to fluoridate the water supply!

All across the world we see communities screaming that they DO NOT WANT IT!

All across the world we see governments IGNORING the science, IGNORING the people, and even ignoring plain old common sense, and they tell those communities YOU MUST HAVE IT!

Now ask yourself, does that sound like an agenda?

Just a few miles from where I live in the uk a whole community took their local authority to court to stop the fluoridation of their water supply. The WHOLE community said they did not want it.
The court said "It's not illegal, therefore your having it".

That is not the actions of a government thats for the people, its the actions of a government with an agenda!

If that doesn't convince you then maybe you've already ingested too much of it!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This will have major ramifications in North America if not a good part of the Globe.
After all we are not talking some small city like my own, we are talking Dallas Texas and this is big folks.

To date I have yet to see this headlined on CNN on the internet, We do not watch TV so if its on there let us know please.

Y'all down there have our respect and awe as well.

Thanks Dallas!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What a great thread! I await a 'professional' who comes to the defense of science and flouride. I get the same feeling when I partake in the vaccination debate. Vaccines cured the world of disease; or did they? Perhaps it was better sanitation and nutrition? What I despise is the secrecy - the refusal to debate openly with science and empirical evidence. Kinda like 9/11 - the evidence shouts 'inside job' but the media says 19 angry muslims. My opinion of Dallas and surrounds has just gone up a notch. Well done!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hmmmbeer
Thanks for the nice post, I see you have been here on ATS a long time and my thread actually drew a post out of you.
That to me says it all!

Again thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I know this post isn't much of a contribution, but I want to thank you Iwinder! It feels so good
to see a POSITIVE , BENEFICIAL, and hopefully GET THE BIG BALL ROLLING in the RIGHT direction
piece of news. I've had a very awful turn of events lately and this is just..............nice.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bangoli
Very nice of you to post your thoughts here, I am glad you did and I hope things go they way we wish.
Your post was a great contribution don't fool yourself that it was not.

I hope your bad times soon turn into good times:-)

Thanks for posting and keep in touch.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 10-5-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 8BitOperator

As a second point of interest, it always bothers me when people suggest that it is being added to water for the health benefits. Because honestly, when did western countries start really giving two craps about people's health? Last time I checked, there's a McDonalds on every corner.

I could not agree more with your entire post but the quote above says it all!

Many thanks for your input.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

There is no evidence that fluoride in water supplies reduces tooth decay based on recent studies. This "Do Not Fluoridate" decision by Dallas is likely to spread across major metropolitan cities and municipalities throughout the United States.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
a reply to: Iwinder

There is no evidence that fluoride in water supplies reduces tooth decay based on recent studies. This "Do Not Fluoridate" decision by Dallas is likely to spread across major metropolitan cities and municipalities throughout the United States.

Agreed and also in this world a very good portion of Europe does not allow the Fluoridation of the water supply.

They know better than we do.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 11-5-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonButtonIII
a reply to: network dude

Then watch out for the BPA in plastic bottles, unless you like to chase down your water with a load of estrogen-mimicking chemicals.

Actually plastics 3, 6 and 7 are the ones with known or suspected endocrine disruptors, number 7 (polycarbonate) being the one with BPA specifically. Most prepackaged water will come in #1 plastic (polyethylene). I just checked 1 bottle of water and two different soft drink bottles; all are packaged in #1 plastic.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I came across this link this morning and thought I would post it.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Its a list of brands of bottled water that do not contain Fluoride, If you are going to drink bottled water at least now you have a choice.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1   >>

join