It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is wrodland.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hi Mods, for the last few weeks and only when using ATS i keep getting a page popping up that requires me to download JAVA. I did a little research on the hyperlink at the top of the page and found that the site is owned by a Steve Wilson who resides in Miami.

The website wrodland.com has an unsatifactory privacy and trustworthiness score and I am pretty sure you guys would have nothing to do with this chap.

However it only happens whilst viewing ATS and normally happens when I click a 2nd page in a forum. Thought you may want to investigate.

Here is the information from the whois website; hostcabi.net...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco I keep getting the same thing happening here but it doesn't seem to be a regular occurrence .It will pop up when ever it seems to want to .I loose my page and then exit the pop up and go back to where I was and it seems to end it . Kind of buggy at times but I cant figure it out .

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Thanks for pointing that out. We'll definitely take a look at it.

Does it happen while you're browsing as a guest or while logged in?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
a reply to: flammadraco

Thanks for pointing that out. We'll definitely take a look at it.

Does it happen while you're browsing as a guest or while logged in?

Whilst logged in Djarums. As i said its normally when i press for page "2" on a thread that the page it opens is for me to download JAVA, but its from the aforementioned website. I will take a screenshot next time it happpen's amd post it here. Thanks for the response

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It seems its a new "virus"

nerdanswer.com...

nvm i don't know just not unique to ATS
edit on 7-5-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's malicious. I get it here too, and I have to say only here thus far. AVG deals with it immediately and gives me the 'dealt with' message. Anybody with AVG should get the same message.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Thanks for the info Indigent. I run a virus scan each morning when my PC turns on and not had the same issue with other sites. It may be a bug in my own system but nothing that's been picked up on yet.

When I traced the IP address for the site it was of the coast of Miami ?? must be on a boat

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm running Avast Free and Firefox and I've never had any kind of issues with any popups, redirects or viruses on ATS, nor anywhere else for that matter.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's another I just got, I copied the URL from AVG. It appears to have happened when the mouse is sitting or passing over a flash add, although I can't be certain about that.

at http: //update4.newflashplayer.us/Player1/C/update-uk.php?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers&browser_type=KHTML&dualoffer=false

I split the URL, you might want to delete it after noting the details.
edit on 7-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I mention a similar problem on here a few days ago, getting redirects to pages wanting me to download a "Java update" (yeah right!). The URL started out as updatlate.com, I think, but recently it has changed to something else (not wrodland.com as far as I recall). It only happens on my laptop (or rather my wife's laptop) at home, not my work PC, and only on ATS, so whether it is some virus on my home laptop that is triggered by this particular website, I don't know...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I've run a more thorough virus scan today and it picked up a "Trogen" and since I have deleted it from my system, the issue has not returned.

Still not sure why it only affects ATS though ?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Still getting these from time to time. The most recent URL, just now, was www. lpcloudbox329. com

top topics

join