It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Navy Operationally Deploys INS Vikramaditya (Aircraft Carrier)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Yes and no.

Did try to keep it on track, but maybe I was not obvious enough. I was inferring that getting info on the "new" ship was rather important.

Making this event, itself, important to the West and maybe pointing to rather more changes than painting and adding planes!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice ship, something to be proud of. I do think that the money spent could have been spent better to stimulate jobs though. Building war ships just makes you more of a target.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As an Indian, I'm proud of this accomplishment. The Navy has to become a blue water navy soon, to counter the advantage that China's navy has at the moment. If a blue water navy means anything, it means stability.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nice ship, something to be proud of. I do think that the money spent could have been spent better to stimulate jobs though. Building war ships just makes you more of a target.

1$trillion plan to upgrade infrastructure in India .
India out of all the countries located in a strategic location needs a powerful navy where out presence can be felt through out South Asia ...
edit on 7-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One of my favorite blog theaviationist.com...

Showed the main difference with the Indian Navy's carrier and the PLANS's CV. They deployed with support ships clearly showing a capacity to not only project power away from their shored but to sustain that projection as well. This is something that China cannot yet do.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
--
Power projection you say? now that IS interesting...

I might have to read up on that site you provided the link for.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Indian navy is very important in decreasing china influence in indian ocean

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
SO India becoming an up incomer America pivoting towards the east,seems like an interesting situation...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The Indians have done a lot of training with the US with some VERY surprising results. Cope India 04, they slaughtered a US F-15 unit (figuratively of course). They didn't do as well at Red Flag, but they did better than a lot of people expected.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The Indians have done a lot of training with the US with some VERY surprising results. Cope India 04, they slaughtered a US F-15 unit (figuratively of course). They didn't do as well at Red Flag, but they did better than a lot of people expected.

AS widely professed , Cope India was not an India was America exercise in many situations American and Indian fighters were in red group and another group of American and Indian fighters were in blue group . Many times fighters who were trained to protect AWACS had their roles reversed and were tasked to taking down an AWACS .

Also note that in many of the scenarios were it was an IAF v/s USAF , India wanted USAF to simulate then Pakistan air force . So USAF might not have been allowed to then use AWACS as PAF then did not have AWACS ...

Though Indian fighter pilots are one of the bets in the world i believe the whole Cope India Scenario is hyped up for purchase of F-22s as then govt. had reduced the purchase of F-22s

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

The problem with that idea is that even with the results of Cope India the F-22 still died on the vine at the numbers it had been cut to.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

While everyone talks about P8 I , Kolkatha Class Destroyer , and INS Vikramaditya

Should Know the Arihanth Class SSBN Armed with 12 K 15 SLBM's ..where We already test fired several times the SLBM From a Underwater Pontoon ..within a Month we Test fire from The Arihanth SSB which is ongoing Sea Trails

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SajeevJino

While everyone talks about P8 I , Kolkatha Class Destroyer , and INS Vikramaditya

Should Know the Arihanth Class SSBN Armed with 12 K 15 SLBM's ..where We already test fired several times the SLBM From a Underwater Pontoon ..within a Month we Test fire from The Arihanth SSB which is ongoing Sea Trails

Any idea when the next sub in the Arihant series will be done ?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Not Sure But there were Two follow on Arihant class will be constructed .and One is Confirmed Being Built in Kolkatha will be floated to the sea before the end of this year Named INS Aridman

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
self deleted
edit on 16-5-2014 by vishantchaudhary because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join