It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Navy Operationally Deploys INS Vikramaditya (Aircraft Carrier)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: maddy21

India is home to one third of the world's poorest people.

Nice to see that the government has its priorities in order...

A reply with no thinking.

And some people agree with you.

*shakes head*

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream
--
Umm, he is right.

India has a large portion of its population that are extremely poor, the Gap is huge.

So, we are experiencing that here in the states, but honestly, whats poor? what is REALLY poor?

As long as the bills are paid, food on the table and active services like a cell phone bill are good, then we are good, or are we?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No... its like saying just because you have homeless in your country, you should not throw away left overs.

I didn't think i have to expand on that.

edit: it is also silly to point at wrong of other countries(also derailing the topic) when their own country is the same cesspool.
edit on 5/7/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: maddy21

India is home to one third of the world's poorest people.

Nice to see that the government has its priorities in order...

Good point. But IMO, they pale next to what North Korea spends on it's quest for nuclear capability in regards to the starvation of their people. But I do understand your point. India is not going to get in a war somewhere near Argentina and sail a task force at flank speed to deal with it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

--
Ill agree with you on that point....
But, cesspool you say?
Welcome to modern day planet earth. All nations have huge amounts of poor people, whether a super power or not.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I find it funny that they insist on saying the "indigenously built" carrier..

It isn't!

It was built by the Soviets and was commissioned in 1987. She served for 9 years with the Russian Navy before being mothballed.

All the Indians did (and it took them years to do it) was refurbish it and give it a lick of paint... The Russians did a huge amount of work on the ship in their own dockyards themselves on behalf of the Indians...

"indigenously built" ... not in the slightest..
edit on 7/5/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why is this under world war 3 ..?? Every country has a right to boost their war arsenal ..
Should be under weaponry ..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

It isn't!

It was built by the Soviets and was commissioned in 1987. She served for 9 years with the Russian Navy before being mothballed.

All the Indians did (and it took them years to do it) was refurbish it and give it a lick of paint... The Russians did a huge amount of work on the ship in their own dockyards themselves on behalf of the Indians...

India has the purchasing power to buy all the latest weaponry ..and the technology to build at home .. it's the corrupt politicians involved that have screwed up the country's priorities over the past decade ..
Hopefully, there will be a change of government in the elections going on that will help more indigenous weaponry come to play ..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Yeah those bunch of slackers decided to take the "path of non violence" what silly people. If they were belligerent, they would have better arsenals.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Yeah those bunch of slackers decided to take the "path of non violence" what silly people. If they were belligerent, they would have better arsenals.

Er, ok...

Not that anything of what you said had anything to do with what I said...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: junglimogli

No doubt, they are up and coming, but you have major social issues you should be focussing on rather than trying to build up your military. Also, refurbishing a Russian built carrier is entirely different to actually building one from scratch.

You should have taken that $3 Billion and spent it elsewhere - you have people living in their own filth next to people living in high-rise apartments. And the icing on the cake? The UK sends India financial aid to try and alleviate poverty while you build spaceships and weapons... (Thankfully this ends next year)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It does, the cause of their weak and borrowed weaponary.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yeah, you're still not making any sense...

Anyway, I wasn't saying they were weak, just picking up on the Indian Navies constant assertion this is "indigenously built" when it isn't.

And I don't think India has any claim to being peaceful, slackers or taking the "path to non-violence"....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It isn't!

This is what happens when you read half the stuff written... Nowhere in the article does it talk about the Carrier being indigenously built ... There is a separate Carrier being indigenously built in Cochin Shipyards (south India)..

The one Indigenously built as written in the second article i linked is the Guided Missile Destroyer

You would not post comments on poverty if you had a clue the amount of money which was going there .. People got to research before they sprout their BS
edit on 7-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
This is what happens when you read half the stuff written... Nowhere in the article does it talk about the Carrier being indigenously built ... There is a separate Carrier being indigenously built in Cochin Shipyards (south India)..

Indeed, you are quite right - not sure how I missed that. Must have been the subtle change of tack from talking about one carrier and then the next..

My apologies, I take it back - even if is taking an extraordinarily long time to be built! (15 years?)

originally posted by: maddy21
You would not post comments on poverty if you had a clue the amount of money which was going there .. People got to research before they sprout their BS

That's even worse if you're piling in money and still have the problems you do. I've been to India, I've been to Mumbai and all the big shining cities and seen the slums and the open sewers in the streets next to them.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

That's even worse if you're piling in money and still have the problems you do. I've been to India, I've been to Mumbai and all the big shining cities and seen the slums and the open sewers in the streets next to them.

Corruption and inefficiency has taken its toll , things started changing only since 1990's liberalization ..
Either way , things are about to change , this election which ends on May16nth will be historical ...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

No doubt, they are up and coming, but you have major social issues you should be focussing on rather than trying to build up your military. Also, refurbishing a Russian built carrier is entirely different to actually building one from scratch.

You should have taken that $3 Billion and spent it elsewhere - you have people living in their own filth next to people living in high-rise apartments. And the icing on the cake? The UK sends India financial aid to try and alleviate poverty while you build spaceships and weapons... (Thankfully this ends next year)

Like I said .. corruption makes all bad things happen .. and priorities get shelved ..hopefully things will change ..
Poverty and immoral degraded society is everywhere ..the West has it's own gettos..corruption.. wastage of trillions unaccounted for .. social problems to be core .. and low lives in society.. so lets not throw stones bubba..
A war ship is a war ship .. refurbished or not ..it's how you use it ..
China makes the majority of parts for electronics these days ..used in weaponry .. they assemble in the USA .. so whats your point ..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

My apologies, I take it back - even if is taking an extraordinarily long time to be built! (15 years?)

Construction of Indigenous carrier started only 3 years back .

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

To be fair refurbishing that carrier likely provided thousands of low and high tec jobs, better than just handing out free cash in welfare.

But the UK should of stopped aid years ago.
edit on 7-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

But the UK should of stopped aid years ago.

Why did they give India aid anyway? so the politician can secure it in their offshore account?

Any information on how much? and for how long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join