It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook Skeptics Travel to Newtown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The customary reminders and disclaimers apply. If you are unaware of this site's policies with respect to this topic, then please read this

On Tuesday, May 6, 2013 a group of at least a dozen skeptics from around the country ventured to Newtown, CT in an attempt to get answers to some of the questions which—it seems fair to say—many people in America (and the world) still have about the incident which occurred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, December 14, 2012.

From ctpost.com

A dozen or so self-described skeptics of official accounts of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting appeared Tuesday night at the Board of Education meeting, each taking the allotted three minutes to address pointed questions to board members.

Wolfgang Halbig, the most prominent member of the group, raised questions about everything from the scale of police response that day to their refusal to accept his expert help in analyzing the event. He suggested that his legitimate efforts to get answers have been thwarted, and accused board members of toeing an official line.

“Board members, these are your children,” Halbig said. “We want answers. We want truth.”

link to CT Post article

The group, from what I can tell, appeared to conduct themselves respectfully. Footage of their speeches made during the local public participation section of the Board of Education meeting at the Newtown Municipal Center Council Chambers Tuesday evening, is available for viewing at the town's website (links below).

For their part, the town's Board of Selectmen and local law enforcement, appeared to be on heightened alert due to their “unwanted guests”. The Board of Selectmen kept the front doors to the building locked until the meeting began, while they themselves entered through the back door. The Newtown Police Department could be heard on the police scanner frequently referring to the group as “the visitors” throughout the day.
Several residents even phoned the police when cars with out-of-state license plates tags were spotted...
The group apparently brought an attorney with them, which was probably a good idea.

Further info on the trip will be forthcoming.

Newtown's online video archive link here
Go to May 6, and choose Board of Education Meeting from the pop-up. Then click Launch.
(NOTE: you must have Microsoft Silverlight installed)

edit on 7-5-2014 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
An intriguing comment made by a man at the school board meeting at 31:43, shortly after Wolfgang Halbig and the group leave the building:

“I think it's … ahem … important that when we do meet, regarding ‘that’ … that we … (unintelligible)..someone..become increasingly aware of any increased ... how do I want to say this? Amount … of student contact, based on the tragedy. I think its key … and I bet you here … that their positions … are overflowing.

Rather cryptic...

() This part is after the public participation segment shown in the abbreviated YouTube videos above. Again, go to this link for the full video of the meeting.
edit on 7-5-2014 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
How sad. 'Skeptics' need to leave the good people of Sandy Hook alone. They don't need a bunch of obsessed people showing up demanding to see police reports on dead children or photos or whatever else. Those Sandy Hook people suffered an unimaginable tragedy. Leave them alone!

edit on 5/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: clarified 'those people' ... meaning Sandy Hook people.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

(post by 3mperorConstantinE removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

If some one does not share your point of view they must have a hidden agenda and work for some power to push it? the site is not for her because you don't like what she says???

If funny you say that with your 3 month on the place vs her 10 years, oh well.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

+25 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
How sad. 'Skeptics' need to leave the good people of Sandy Hook alone. They don't need a bunch of obsessed people showing up demanding to see police reports on dead children or photos or whatever else. Those Sandy Hook people suffered an unimaginable tragedy. Leave them alone!

You think people with honest questions on a situation that is a tragedy should silence themselves and stop asking questions? Even if they are experts in safety or have legitimate questions?

Sandy Hook was truly a tragedy and heart breaking. But you are saying that alone means questions should be buried and never asked? I find that silly.

I am from CT. The tragedy caused much suffering nationwide. But there are questions that seem very legitimate and I hope these "skeptics" keep asking them. Because much of that day still fails to make sense.

MM

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
this is a video of people going in and out of a building over and over I would like to hear an answer for this .

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
You think people with honest questions on a situation that is a tragedy should silence themselves and stop asking questions?

The parents of the dead children are satisfied. And the amount of tin foil hat version of 'conspiracies' with Sandy Hook is absurd. There are people running around screaming that the families are all in on a conspiracy and that they got paid off with free houses. There are people claiming that there are no dead children. There are people claiming that the story of Sandy Hook came out BEFORE the tragedy. (and YES, those type of posts have been seen here in great number - look at the LOL forum). There are a lot of silly stupid stories that people eat up. The bottom line, the parents of the dead children are satisfied so a bunch of arm chair 'detectives' from the internet should just leave the families and the people of Sandy Hook alone.

I am from CT.

So? I was born and raised in Connecticut. (SUFFIELD).
I have relatives who were teachers one town over from this.
They know people who went through the tragedy.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Personal attacks must stop now.

Fair warning

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySwatter187
The topic of this thread is the board meeting which was attented by a group of skeptics asking legit questions.

Yes .. and I repeat ... 'skeptics from across the country' should leave the people of Sandy Hook alone. The people of that town are satisfied. The parents of the dead are satisfied. The "skeptics from around the country" should go back to whatever corner of the country they came from. That's my opinion on the matter. You have yours. I have mine.
edit on 5/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Thread closed for staff review

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thread re-opened on trial basis.

Stick to the exact topic as listed in the OP.

Do NOT post Off Topic or in an ill-mannered way.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join