Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

You are president: what would you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I just finished watching a BBC miniseries called “The State Within.” The premise of the show is that a multinational corporation commits various illegal and terroristic acts with the goal of contracts to rebuild a nation it is guiding the U.S. and Britain to war against (the usual excuses: WMDs, human rights violations, aggressive action and threats to outside countries. Crimes committed by the corporation are extortion, murder, bombings, etc. As the series goes on, the British ambassador to the U.S. learns the truth about an airplane bombing, but does not (at that time) go public or even bring it up with either government. The reason given by him as well as the U.S. secretary of defense later on in the show is “the moral authority of our nations will be destroyed.”

So my question is what is the right thing to do? On the one hand, I understand the dilemma: revealing the truth could bring down governments and destroy the images of those nations to the rest of the world. On the other hand not doing anything about it in a bid to save one’s government would ensure the corporation continues its illegal actions, due to the lack of punishment. So if you were president or PM and you learned of a plot such as this (corporation pulling political strings and committing crimes), what would you do?

PS: I highly recommend this series; it's excellent.
edit on 7-5-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Let the chips fall where they may .. reveal the truth and publicly execute the corrupt bastards who caused the problems. along with seize the corporations assets and use them to help the victims.
edit on 7/5/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I would have to tell the truth and let it ride.

Not a whole lot pisses me off quite as bad as when we are lied to (for whatever reason) and it is blatantly obvious that we are being fed a load of BS. I can't really think of a circumstance where I would rather hear a lie than the truth and I would have to run my country/government in a way that I would be able to sleep with at night.

There may be some damage that needed to be controlled and cleaned up, but I think most folks would rather hear the truth than realize their government thinks they are so stupid they can't see the truth nor understand/accept it when it is given.

"What a tangled web we weave" comes to mind in these situations. Governments lack faith in the people they work for and use that as an excuse to continually lie to them. I find that people can rise to any occasion if given the opportunity and I don't feel like it is the business of the government to decide how much truth I can handle.

I would definitely have to run the country the way I wish it were run now.
edit on 5/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well, if I were President, I would likely be a person vastly different than the person I am now. I mean, who I am _NOW_ could never be elected president. So, from the asking of the question, we've already presumed that either I or the world are very different from how they seem now. If the world is different enough to elect me, then I doubt the situation could ever arise. If _I_ am different enough to get elected? Well then... I expect I'd do whatever my owners told me to do.

I mean... seriously? Do you folks still think that ANYONE who gets their name on the news actually _has power_? You CAN'T be on this site and be that naive...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What do you do?

Well, as an American, they made one mistake in the Indoctrination of our youth.

See, I took those MERICA #1 Best country in the world to heart, the Moral Superiority I was sold, The Big F-ing hero and world protector. Though that was a lie for the most part, I still believe in the Ideology that underlines it.

I believe in the IDEALS I was sold, even though my country has fallen far short of them.

The Constitution, Bill of Rights, the Checks and balances, I believe in them.

SO With that being said, I believe its better to Burn it all down, than to let those Morals and Ideals be Bastardized and used for Imperialism and Financial gain.

Torture,
Assassinations,
Drone strikes,

Yea, Id say expose it all, the only way to heal a wound is to clean all the crap out of it first.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yea, cuz Im going to explain my whole plan for world domination prematurly like the dumb villain in movies....pfft

On topic-

I would leak startling tidbits to gain mass attention. Then I would bring down the hammer with a full blown press conference outlining all that I knew. During said conference I would give the people a web address to download everything I had on the corp.

I would then use my momentum to enact my previous mentioned plan for world domination
edit on 7-5-2014 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
tell the truth and install new leaders, this time fix it where corporations don't have any access to the politicians, bureaucrats, and set term limits on congress and the supreme court. do away with the irs and social security admin, and come up with new plans for both.

any one caught doing dirty deeds in government, goes to the gallows to by hung by the neck until dead for treason.
edit on 7-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

I would spend 1 week in every state just hanging out with the people. 50 states = a full year of work and 2 weeks for vacation.

And for the start of my second year in office I would deliver the truest State of Union address that had ever was delivered. The rest of the 2nd year would be planning some cool projects for jobs creation and setting up the next generation for success, not failure.

My 3rd year would be about reorganizing the Executive Branch to accommodate the new priorities as efficiently as possible. Some secretaries would be deleted, some new secretaries would be created.

My 4th year as president would include a run for a second term.
edit on 5/7/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter

I would spend 1 week in every state just hanging out with the people. 50 states = a full year of work and 2 weeks for vacation.

isn't that what obama does now, he hardly ever in the officce and always going on vaction.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

That is a good question. Perhaps the best reason for yours truly to avoid politics in general, is so that I never become a political leader, or placed in a position of power. You see, I happen to think that quite a fair few things look better on fire!

In all seriousness though, I would seek the truth even if it was not pleasant. Even if the truth made a total mockery of everything I believed about my country, my government, my very existence. There is no life without truth. Without truth, no moral high ground can be either attained, or retained. If I knew something or found something out, which displayed the underbelly of the process of government, then you can bet that I would not remain quiet, and depending on the subject matter at hand, I would probably be in the process of paying involved parties a visit, with the intention of defenestrating the responsible parties, depending on the scenario at hand of course.

However, from what I know of my nations government, I would need very little provocation to start launching pontificating bastards out of their own homes, via the windows.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter

isn't that what obama does now, he hardly ever in the officce and always going on vaction.

See Richard Nixon who was also not in Washington as much as you think he was. Nixon was constantly zipping off to Camp David, Key Biscayne Florida or San Clemente California.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

zere vill be six fraulins for every man!

...any one of us would only just # it all up again

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I would play the powers at be just like they've played us by making a personal pact to learn what I could about whats really going on and then spill it on National Television. I know that would grant me the same honorary discharge to the back of the head as it did Lincoln and Kennedy though.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well...

Since attempting to tell the truth would cause me to end up occupying the piece of lawn next to John Fitzgerald Kennedy faster then you can say "I am not a crook", I'd probably choose to lie through my teeth for the next 4 years instead... just so I could collect on that nice big fat cushy taxpayer-funded lifelong pension plan.

... not to mention all that great vacation time they get while in office too.

A lifelong generous pension plan for doing a 4 year job ??
Why ruin a good thing ?!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Well...

Since attempting to tell the truth would cause me to end up occupying the piece of lawn next to John Fitzgerald Kennedy faster then you can say "I am not a crook", I'd probably choose to lie through my teeth for the next 4 years instead... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ummm what?
occupying the piece of lawn next to John Fitzgerald Kennedy faster then you can say "I am not a crook"

Say what you want, don't censor yourself.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Go back to Kennedys Coup de tat,find those stil alive ,punish them and disenfranchise them and their families of every red cent of blood money they control and move forward with strength and integrity.Dismantle EVERYTHING THEY DID and ERASE them from written history.

Track and follow every single red penny that changed hands post kennedy,and decimate anyone connected even peripherally to that Coup de tat.This will mean that some of the biggest most powerfull people in several countries will be immediatly taken out of the global play and their money will come out with them.This hunt WILL go to the top of the money pyramid.Give every red cent to the poorest citizens in equal shares.Robin Hood their intended legacys and do not let current and future generations of their famiies benefit from their crimes,take it all away bar none.Just like the legacys of Hitler and other monsters are permanently shaded black so should all of these people.Humanity needs to ensure that NO ONE can hoard ssets any more,there can be NO CHANCE for this type of action to repeat itself,there needs to be no gain in the attempt to hoard,no interest,no userage,no gain,just a Jail term in Mexico for Hoarders.

Yes there will be many of them,yes it will be epic,and yes many will die in the process,but this cleansing must be done and it must begin where it all started with JFKs murder and that cover-up,dismantle the CIA dismantle the FBI dismantle the secret service,take it all right down to the ground.

Follow the money and attatch names to it all and act accordingly.When in doubt throw the cell door key out.

After that is done make it illegal to posess and control more than you and your immediate familys lifetime needs worth of assets or money.

Anyone who is holding more global assets than their Families need are murdering humans in another area of the planet,it doesnt matter if you are a Saudi,Russian,Chinese

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stunspot
You CAN'T be on this site and be that naive...

ORLY?

Think again...

InvisibleOwl in the OP is recommending that we watch the BBC.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I would not sign one liberal piece of legislation. Honestly, I wouldn't do much. Too much is being done these days. But I definitely would have tried to save the lives of those in Benghazi. And, I would do as much as possible to repeal Obamacare. I would do as much as possible to restore the freedoms to the country that the Constitution was written to protect, including getting rid of all the senseless laws we have. I would work to get rid of laws that over-empower the police and dis-empower individuals and their sovereignty proportionally. I would do as much as I could to stop the overreach of the Department of Social Services, taking children from their parents without using the discretion of common sense. Everything that makes us angry at the government, I would work to reverse. That would be my main agenda.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The truth will set you free.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Let the chips fall where they may .. reveal the truth and publicly execute the corrupt bastards who caused the problems. along with seize the corporations assets and use them to help the victims.

Exactly! You get it.

If I were president I would cut all foreign aid immediately. Why should the taxpayers of the united states support any other country? Why? Unless they are willing to kiss some serious ass, I wouldn't give'em a penny.

Next, the CIA and other alphabet agencies would be overhauled. We still need them, but they won't have the power that they do now. Everything they ask for would be under scrutiny.

No foreigner would be able to hold office. There would be no dual citizenship. Either you are American or you are foreign. Make your choice. If you are an American politician you work for the people of the united states, not Israel.

Completely destroy the federal reserve and hang all those people in public square.

Next, go after wall street. Public hangings. All these speculators who keep gas, food, etc. at high prices would be charged with causing human suffering and crimes against humanity. Tree + rope = better America, lower living cost = happiness and flourishing culture.

Next there would be no US troops anywhere in the world. Unless we are attacked on our own soil there would be no wars. We also wouldn't have any agents stirring up trouble and destabilizing other countries(refer to CIA & other alphabet agencies)

Natural gas and coal would provide all power and water for free to the citizens of the US.

Diamonds would be set at pennies per pound RIGHT ALONG WITH GOLD. Only use those evil minerals for industry purposes. Any time a diamond is purchased you are supporting what has been done to Africans and other people of the world. It is a terrorist stone. Evil.

Then I would change all laws. If you are convicted of murder or rape beyond a reasonable doubt then you have one week to get your affairs in order because you are going to the rope. No death row.

Pharmaceutical companies would be held liable and monitored by a new agency. The FDA would be disbanded and all those people charged with crimes against humanity.

Any judge who lets pedophiles go gets the rope.

Academia would be redone from the ground up. Historical facts would be taught instead of propaganda.

The ADL would be listed as a foreign terrorist organization.(it was once listed by the FBI)

Banks, other lenders would be disbanded and arrested and sent to the rope.
Citizens who need loans would get it through the IRS at no interest but after a while the economy would be so good that you probably wouldn't need a loan to begin with. You would actually be able to save money and pay out right for the things you need.

Welfare would be stopped, except for the elderly and handicapped.

Homelessness would not exist. Any person caught on the streets living homeless would be put into drug and alcohol treatment centers(new ones that work) and put back on the right track.

Vehicles would have to get at least 80mpg before they are allowed to be sold in the US. New technologies would be put in to place. We don't need your stinking oil. Make everything steam powered until we work out the new tech.

*This is just the tip of the iceberg. When I got done America would be a swell place to live again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join