It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice Of God.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

It absolutely does.

Some light reading to help elucidate

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
one of the first points he or the holy spirit would make is that there is a whole system of labeling people that hear voices in their head so if you do not want to be drugged and labeled crazy right now then tell no one i am speaking to you. There is a large majority of people in the world that have communication with higher powers but manage to keep it all together.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
one of the first points he or the holy spirit would make is that there is a whole system of labeling people that hear voices in their head so if you do not want to be drugged and labeled crazy right now then tell no one i am speaking to you. There is a large majority of people in the world that have communication with higher powers but manage to keep it all together.

It would help if we knew a little more about the party at the other end of their lines. All we are told is that there is a voice and this person who is speaking with that voice should be trusted to know exactly who the voice belongs to. Ignoring, for instance, that the fact said person is hearing voices only she/he can hear is discouraging in itself.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Yeah Ganesha is the hindu demon idol God. I could of mistaken you for being a Christian since you defend Christianity so accurately.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: leeda

"Hearing His voice" is just a metaphor...not actually "talking". If you start hearing voices? Thats something else

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

It would help if we knew a little more about the party at the other end of their lines. All we are told is that there is a voice and this person who is speaking with that voice should be trusted to know exactly who the voice belongs to. Ignoring, for instance, that the fact said person is hearing voices only she/he can hear is discouraging in itself.
We fear what we don't understand. The easy answer is to label people crazy.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: leeda

"Hearing His voice" is just a metaphor...not actually "talking". If you start hearing voices? Thats something else

Not sure it always is. There are people who are getting the internal speakers to work and can allow other people to talk to them and control when they are allow the connection. It really depends on how you are able to perceive the information thru the third eye and how you allow it to surface. I think much of the mental problems are in fact uncontrolled psychic ability.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Is that how we got to the moon? By fearing what we didn't understand?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
I get what youre trying to say...but it is not to infer the "talking" is actaully audible. As a musician, I hear songs and music in my head everywhere I go. Its doesnt mean the writers, singers, musicians are directing those thoughts and sounds specifically to me ...and just me and a select few.

I believe you are referring to the metaphor. To reference that? There is the phrase "Many are called, few are chosen". It doesnt mean the phones ringing off the wall....or somebodys yelled "HHHHEEEEY!". Calling. As in felt the urge and command to participate.
F-E-L-T

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I hear songs and music in my head everywhere I go.

I will describe further to show what I mean:
1. Thinking of a song. You can remember the song and internally sing it without sound. There is no real auditory sound heard.
2. Hearing thru the ears. Auditory sound heard. Normal hearing.
3. Internal Speaker activation. Auditory sound heard inside of head but not thru the ears. You will probably notice the difference if you ever experience this.

I have only ones gotten an real Internal Speaker activation once in my life and a sound was sent. I have however had the third eye ringing tone in my ear a few times.

I am talking about the supernatural experience not internal ego faith where you build up a view of the world of your choosing.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Unsurprisingly, this is a mental health issue.....

.....attempting to claim that those suffering from this are actually hearing from a sky fairy (your sky fairy no less) in order to push your own agenda is quite contemptible.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Is that how we got to the moon? By fearing what we didn't understand?
I hear you loud and clear. Since we went to the moon that means anyone that can communicate telepathicaly is suffering from a mental health issue. Since we are on the subject let's consider anyone that believes that we did not go to the moon to be suffering from mental health issues also. If someone believes something that someone of authority can not percieve let's consider them to be suffering also.

It is pretty sad that you bring up a scenerio where people traveled outside of our sphere and wore parts on their head to let them hear voices from the ground but you can't even percieve that something as complex as the brain is not capable of simular actions. I wonder what is your goal to deny humans any hope of ever becoming something that we are not just because it does not seem plausable to you. Do you hate everyone or just fear anything illogical.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
last time I replied to a thread like this ..

it was nothing but a serious troll ..

I hear the voice of God.. have been for 30 years.. he speaks in all languages...

your day will come, either by divine appointment or seeking him in desperation..

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Unsurprisingly, this is a mental health issue.....

.....attempting to claim that those suffering from this are actually hearing from a sky fairy (your sky fairy no less) in order to push your own agenda is quite contemptible.

Perhaps a little clarification on who/what my sky fairy is would help me understand your contempt. Supposition seems to be at issue here.

In any event, bicameralism has nothing to do with mental illness. Did you read the link I provided before responding? If so, I would be happy to discuss specific points within it.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
In any event, bicameralism has nothing to do with mental illness. Did you read the link I provided before responding? If so, I would be happy to discuss specific points within it.

How else would you describe an auditory hallucination?

Even the author of this hypothesis argues that schizophrenia is a vestige of humanity's earlier 'bicameral state'.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

How do you define 'auditory halluination"?

Clinically speaking it is typical that it is described as "internal stimuli". This, to me, seems to be unfortunate in its breadth, to be honest, as a healthy persons internal dialogue is "internal stimuli".

But from the perspective of internal dialogue...is schizophrenia really internal dialogue? Or is it more like internal noise? Bicameralism speaks to an internal dialogue that was actually the two sides of the brain talking to each other, with consciousness mostly residing in one side of the brain. To be honest, I don't think "side of the brain" would reference hemispheres. It would represent conscious vs subconscious, more or less.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Are we using bicameralism to say that the nutties with the cardboard signs are actually okay people and don't need help?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

It seems that what folks here keep wanting to say, but no.

I am saying that the voice of God emanates from within the head. The original voice of God (in ancient times) could possibly be a result of bicameralism, meaning we are God. The current "voice of God" would relate more to internal noise, not internal dialogue.

In short: the voice of God is a perceptive misunderstanding.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: AfterInfinity

It seems that what folks here keep wanting to say, but no.

I am saying that the voice of God emanates from within the head. The original voice of God (in ancient times) could possibly be a result of bicameralism, meaning we are God. The current "voice of God" would relate more to internal noise, not internal dialogue.

In short: the voice of God is a perceptive misunderstanding.

Oh, cool. Thanks for clarifying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join