It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(VIDEO) 'Look UP'...Video gone viral, urging people to unplug from Social Media etc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I dislike the video because I don't see the message as being anywhere close to realistic. It paints a lovely picture of what might happen if you look away from the tech and interact more with people.

Haven't we learned enough about that in the gigantic amount of history before this age of tablets and texting?

I haven't believed in love in quite some time now and still don't see evidence of it in the world. The video portrays the classic Disney-esque fantasy of meeting that person you'll spend your life with in the American Dream of life.

Most relationships fail over time. Those that don't, tend to be a relationship of roomies with benefits or downright co-dependency. Most people will disappoint you in one way or another and sooo many significant others cheat. The man in that video stands a much better chance for a broken marriage where he spends the next 18 years paying child support for kids that probably grow more distant from him all the time. And with the child support, he'll continue to struggle financially in a job where wages haven't really increased in 30 years, but the prices of simply everything else skyrocket. His retirement will be spent on surgeries and meds and eventually the government nursing home where he will think about his kids that never visit and eventually die.

How were our parents and ancestors lives more enriched by not having this technology? I don't see it. They blamed television before this and in generations past, communication was so much more difficult. I see videos and articles about this and it seems more like an attempt to prevent people from the expansive connections we make via technology, which would grant immense power to the population with increased knowledge and awareness. Hopefully, the texting and tech obsession of today, will lead to the revolution of tomorrow.

The older and more alone I get, the more it's obvious to me that human interaction leads to bad drama and all the side effects of over population. And I've never even owned a cel phone.
edit on 10-5-2014 by gottaknow because: sentence structure

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: snarky412

I wish we could at least get people to look up while driving, I cant tell you how many times I have passed some idiot doing 19 mph in a 40 mph zone, and look over and see this lady.

I see this quite often, in fact we've 2 cars flip right off our street due phoning and driving. Yep nine times out of ten it's the ones driving under the speed limit.
I had a car accident a few years back due to my phone. I was out early in the morning to get smokes from the store I was out of town and my phone didn't get reception for the most part. Well my phone went off for a message so I looked and reached for it(on the passenger seat) and turned my wheel at the same time and ended up flipping the car three times ended up in a ditch. I thank god I didn't kill someone or myself, I was airlifted to the emergency room which was over 50 miles away ended up with 4 broken ribs and a huge bruise across my chest where the seatbelt cut me loose.
I was very lucky!
Now I don't ever use/answer mine until I'm out of my car now.

please do not use your phone while driving!!!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grayarea

Nonetheless the message is true. A smoker while smoking a cigaret can tell you that smoking is bad, does this mean that the smoker is wrong because he is smoking when giving advice about quitting?

The message is still true. Besides people who are always on these medias need this kind of intervention to snap out of it. Some will be saved.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Great video~!~
Well said!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join