Global emergency declared as polio cases surge!

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well, this is scary...



For only the second time in its history, the World Health Organization has declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). The threat is an upsurge of polio, even as the world comes close to eradicating the virus. In response, vaccination drives will be stepped up, while authorities try to ensure that people in 10 countries who want to travel internationally have been vaccinated in the previous 12 months.

The declaration follows a week-long consultation among global polio experts triggered by a worrying surge in cases during 2014, even though it has so far been the low season for the disease, which attacks the nervous system and can cause paralysis. Polio primarily spreads through contaminated water supplies, and with the warmth and rains of spring in the northern hemisphere, the high season starts in the next few weeks.


Here's some more information from a set I find to be very reputable: Link

What are your thoughts on the matter? I'm always very hesitant when it comes to harmful outbreaks such as these. Not only for the potential for a massive loss of life, but also the implication of very new medical "aid" substances.




posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I'm not the guy that will say vaccinations are bad for you. I am the guy who will say let common sense prevail.

If someone is dumb enough to forego vaccinating their kids against polio ... I will not be the guy who cries 'with' them because their child is crippled for life.

Take the shot. It works way way more often than not!!



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
What are your thoughts on the matter?


Ill take some heat for this..but I suggest its just more fear mongering..

I mean, they hooked you right? The first words you wrote were "...this is scary."



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: Ghost147
What are your thoughts on the matter?


Ill take some heat for this..but I suggest its just more fear mongering..

I mean, they hooked you right? The first words you wrote were "...this is scary."

No heat from me. I grew up with kids crippled by polio. It's not scary ... It's terrifying. For perspective, go ask people from Hiroshima and Nagasaki if they're comfortable with the notion of Mutually Assured Destruction.



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Perhaps it is pesticide related. Would be interesting to know if there was some new pesticide being used in the areas of polio outbreak.

pesticide/polio connection




In our 2011 series, The Age of Polio – How an Old Virus and New Toxins Triggered a Man-made Epidemic, we proposed that beginning in the late 1800s, the poliovirus – for millennia a harmless enterovirus – was rendered dangerous by its interaction with the new agricultural pesticide lead arsenate. Our theory: the pesticide caused damage that allowed the virus to penetrate the nervous system and reach the spinal cord, where it caused the paralysis called poliomyelitis.
edit on 7-5-2014 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

From link in the OP…


By last year at this time, there had been only 24 cases worldwide of disease caused by wild polio virus, representing only 6 per cent of the 417 cases eventually diagnosed last year. This year there have already been 68 cases, meaning numbers could now rise much higher. Nine of those were in five countries which had no known cases last year.

Okay, not so bad, could get worse. Except get this…


Polio currently circulates constantly in only three countries: Pakistan, Nigeria and Afghanistan. The biggest problem is Pakistan, home of 59 of this year's 68 cases, where some polio vaccinators have been shot by political dissidents. Pakistan is now quelling the scourge, says Aylward, with massive security and bans on motorcycles during vaccination drives to reduce the threat of drive-by shootings.

Say whaaat?

I got shot in a drive by getting shot with a vaccine,

The bullets hurt more than a needle, it was obscene,

Now I got the virus and the lead poisoning.


More importantly, without eradication, a resurgence of polio could paralyze more than 200,000 children worldwide every year within a decade.” Now is the time, we must not fail.

CDC



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: Ghost147
What are your thoughts on the matter?


Ill take some heat for this..but I suggest its just more fear mongering..

I mean, they hooked you right? The first words you wrote were "...this is scary."

No heat from me. I grew up with kids crippled by polio. It's not scary ... It's terrifying. For perspective, go ask people from Hiroshima and Nagasaki if they're comfortable with the notion of Mutually Assured Destruction.


Well from my perspective, the same lot that vaporized thousands of people with Nukes are of the same lot that develop vaccines..
Trust?
edit on 7-5-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So 6% of polio cases where from the wild virus. The other 94% where from what ?



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: Ghost147
What are your thoughts on the matter?


Ill take some heat for this..but I suggest its just more fear mongering..

I mean, they hooked you right? The first words you wrote were "...this is scary."


Haha, not entirely. My fear comes from the fact that it could be as bad as they say it may be. I know quite well not to take everything that any news source says as 100% fact. However, I also know that they can (sometimes) report on actual cases that are actually occurring.

It is equally illogical to reject everything any news source says as it is illogical to accept everything that any news source says.

Healthy skepticism is the only logical answer
edit on 7/5/14 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I don't really care ...I guess no one in here under 5 years old ,right ?



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick
a reply to: Ghost147

I don't really care ...I guess no one in here under 5 years old ,right ?


Probably not... but a lot of us do have children around that age.

Empathy.



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
You know I always thought Polio was a dead disease but thankfully to all the anti vaccine nonsense people are not getting a jab for the old time diseases which we thought gone have come back.
Cheers all for putting everyone's health at risk..how thoughtful of you.
Get vaccinated and the health of everyone is better.



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Rather than attempt to treat the symptoms with a shot, why not treat the cause? Fix the water infection issue. Teach people how to cook food properly. Teach hygiene. Polio isn’t a problem in countries like Australia and the US because we have far better hygiene and water treatment systems.

Vaccines aren’t the answer.



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos
The reason polio is running wild is that the cavemen who live in that area are killing the health workers who are giving the vaccine to the people.



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ
a reply to: intrptr

So 6% of polio cases where from the wild virus. The other 94% where from what ?

Sorry for the delay…

Besides wild polio there is the domesticated version.

(lulz)

Apparently there are three types within the single genome…


Poliovirus (genus Enterovirus) types 1, 2, and 3.

CDC

They're all wild, baby.
edit on 7-5-2014 by intrptr because: additional



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Polio is exceptionally cruel. I wouldn't take the chance on no vaccination for it. And I'm not big on vaccinations ... but that's one that I'd rather take the chance on then not ...



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
im vacinated not concerned



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I trust my husband on this, and this is something he says we don't play around with. Vaccinations here.



posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I often wonder why Salk, who invented the so called miracle vaccine, decided the vaccine wasn't effective in bringing and end to the problem?

I often wonder if vaccine makers, seeing profits are failing to meet wall street expectations, might see fit to release a story claiming polio is going to cripple every child in America?

Since there is zero way for the average person to determine if the MSM heading "polio crippling children again, vacs are in short supply" is true it would seem to me this kind of simple PR campaign, which is neither immoral nor illegal, would be a great way to drum up business. And since there is no way at all to find out what is in the stab you give your child the ingredients can be anything, anything at all.

The Flu jab isn't effective at all, either statistically or in reality, against the flu. But each year a very well orchestrated sales and marketing campaign is undertaken to give folks the idea that they will die from the flu if the do not get a jab. Since most sickness during the so called "flu season" is not flu at all, it would seem this sales campaign is perfect - it too is neither immoral nor illegal.





new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join