It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA warns use of using Aspirin...meanwhile, Bayer and Merck merge & work together to develope heart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13

What got our attention is the FDA said yesterday, that they have finally told giant drug-maker Bayer Corp. NOT to expect the agency to give the go-ahead for labels listing aspirin as a drug for primary prevention of heart attacks and other problems

Why now?
Why not last year or the year before?
But a day before the announcement of the merger

True, no problem there
Like I said, maybe it's just me

Now with the merger, it was part of the deal that Merck will pay Bayer $1 billion upfront, plus potential additional milestone payments of up to $1.2 billion if sales goals are reached
In the process, the 2 are going to be collaborating to co-develop and market certain prescription heart drugs, including Bayer's Adempas

And how are the sales goals going to be reached?
Cut down on OTC products such as apirin
And how to cut down on the sales of aspirin?
Get the FDA to back pedal on their benefits & denounce them, unsure of their results/saftey

So maybe there is nothing to see here
But I can't help but feel like there is a lot more at stake here than just 'Aspirin isn't safe for you'

The FDA has been shown in the past not to be trustworthy
They usually follow the almighty dollar until people start dying or have extremely severe side effects to the point where the lawsuits by the victim's families just can't be ignored any more

Of course by then, the drug companies have made billions of dollars off the med so it won't matter if they have to pull the drug off the market

edit on 6-5-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13

i agree with this entirely.

The Comanche here before us use to eat willow bark. They called it "the toothache tree"

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I upped my daily 81mg dose of aspirin to 325mg several years ago - better than other blood-thinner options, works. I have numerous health issues including a blood vessel disease (FMD) and often, a great deal of pain and mobility issues.

During a visit last spring, my neurologist said about 10 times, "As a doctor, I can't advise this, but you should take 12-1400mg per day for inflammation." He kept qualifying the advice saying he couldn't prescribe it as a doctor. When I told my GP, she flipped, then later backtracked, saying okay try it but no longer than a week.

So I did - stopped after 5 days due to bleeding but have been PAIN FREE for the past year. Looked it up, found out that mega-doses of aspirin are an experimental treatment for MS. Not everyone is the same but it worked for me and if this flare up gets worse I will do it again.

F&S&

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Your premise is a lie. The FDA has always had this stance. Nothing has changed. They say do it under a Dr.'s care and only when you are at risk. That has been the position all along.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
A good diet can do a lot, but preventing heart disease in people with a strong family history may require more intense interventions.

Get this..
www.epharmacies.com...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: paleorchid13
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Most patients I've known are on coumadin ..heparin ....or have some physiological process that interferes with coagulation and clotting factors. Of course aspirin is bad # to those we see . It's a powerful anticoagulant too ...that' why they teach you in an emergency setting to have them eat and grind >300 mg aspirin.
Personally i'd rather see people take ASA than coumadin .....many GOOD doctors avoid putting their patients on such things ...

Because big pharma is the taboo gigantic pink elephant in the room. Say the word and off with your head.
The quick fix for the out of control, rapid, escalating cost of healthcare, is big pharma.

Drug companies are making and keeping people sick at a very expensive rate. Almost everyone is taking a more expensive medication for tteatment, when there is very likely a much cheaper and probably more effective cheaper medication available.

The real out of control cost in the delivery of healthcare s due to the drug companies, but dare say that and the results can be deadly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join