It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hemp, The Sustainable Wonder Crop, Is Sweeping The Nation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would just like to say that I firmly believe that the industrial use of hemp is one of the key components to establishing ecological, economic and societal stability within our present world. Now I would also like to say that in my not so humble opinion hemp was outlawed for a much more noble purpose then what we might want to believe. I know that the motives behind the outlawing of it from a human perspective were not noble or unselfish or for the benefit of the people. And I would dare say that the push to legalize it is not put forth on all fronts for noble reasons either. But let me say this..... HEMP is the Earth's greatest gift to humanity and if all we want to do is make money from it...... then we are corrupting it. Hemp has the ability to provide ALL of mankinds essential needs but I FIRMLY believe that it should be done within a different frame work then the current economic structure. I will say at this point that I believe that the guardians of the Earth "allowed" hemp to be made illegal because we wanted to corrupt it through greed. The Hemp plant is truly a "QUEEN" among all plant life and "SHE" desires to bring peace and security and stabilty to a people that are tired and worn and hungry..Tired of Inequality ...Worn from the struggle to keep their heads above water against a stacked deck and hungry for justice and peace to reign here.

Hemp is the answer to our material needs...but..until we are advanced enough to receive her in righteousness we will only corrupt her as we have all profitable things.

Harry

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy
Harry, that has to be the most heart felt and logical post we have had on this thread so far. Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only people who are doing it full time are the farmer multimillionaires who inherited their land, but with the 'death tax' most can't afford that either.

Oh please. The reason why many of them can't afford it is because the idiots go out every year to buy the latest tractor that they don't need. They are spending themselves out of business.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I don't invest in stocks. But I will tell my son who will graduate as a business major next year. He will inherit some farm land one day, and this is an idea. Thanks.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

You my friend are very naive people don't grow it to get high the world actually needs this crop and here is the reason and the real reason it is banned i suggest you watch it right until the end you'll be shocked, please educate yourself and don't be fooled by the propaganda

wakingtimes.com...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why Hemp was ever outlawed in the first place is beyond me. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. This country spends over 200 million $ a year importing hemp materials. The Declaration of Independence is written on hemp paper. If it wasn't, it would have broken down long ago. Hemp yields 3x the oil per acre than corn (also doesn't need to be processed), 4x the paper per acre, and can be grown several times a year. How long does it take a tree to grow again? Hemp also fixes tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. There were and still are vested interests hell bent on keeping hemp illegal. Common sense is starting to return though.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have some friends that grew up in Iowa Oklahoma and they tell me stories how our Government paid big buck to grow hemp starting in 1940 ..not the stuff ya get high on but for ROPE! Some of those farm still grow it for that purpose.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Even one of your founding fathers/Presidents had a hemp farm
It's how he made his fortune.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I can't believe we have arrived at this point!
Amen.
Such a useful plant in so many ways.
God put it here for our use.
Looks like we can again!
Yesssssssssss..............

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
who needs to put flouride in the water to keep the population docile when so many are dumb enough to pay for a drug that has the same effect.

what a stroke of genius to legalize pot.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Figures, the most left leaning news agency in the country tries yet again to use its quasi science to push for the legalization of dope. No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future. The only reason this plant is grown is to get high. Yes i know hemp and marijuana are different, Hemp is high growing marijuanna is low growing but same plant.

Same genus, same species of plant...but not the same plant at all.

Hemp is an agricultural, industrial and sustainable oil-fuel and food crop.

Cannabis is a medical and recreational crop.

Not the same thing at all.

It's like comparing apples to oranges..literally! Apple and Orange trees are indeed both trees, both can supply wood, but what they produce are as different from each other as...apples and oranges.

Same thing with Hemp and Cannabis.

Did you know hemp can produce fuel superior to fossil diesel fuel?

Hemp can produce stronger, more durable and very much more ecofriendly plastics than anything produced by synthetic means?

It can produce 50x - 100x more raw material, per hectare than trees, and in a fraction of the time required to grow wood for the same purposes..up to two crops per year using hemp, as opposed to up to several decades for trees to grow enough to provide harvestable wood. Hemp is adaptable, and grows pretty much on its own, without much trouble from pests and can tollerate different temperatures.

Hemp can be used for making the finest quality paper, for particle board for building homes and structural reinforcing and fiber for making fine, tough and very durable cloth for all manner of products from clothing, bedding coverings, furniture, high quality sail cloth for yachts and sail boats, the list goes on and on...and on.

Hemp is totally carbon neutral, it takes in excess CO2 as it grows, what is released on harvest is what it took in...neutral carbon footprint, unlike fossil and synthetics.

The US Constitution is written on hemp paper...as was Britains Magna Carta and the first printed bible, the Gutenberg Bible...in fact, US money was printed on paper made from hemp. These sacred papers have obviously stood the test of time, and are testament to hemp's durability as a fibre for paper and cloth making.

It might surprise many who've never researched industrial hemp and its history, that once upon a time in America a citizen could pay his or her taxes using hemp instead of money...in fact, at one time in certain places in America a farmer would have actually been sent to prison for NOT growing hemp - it is that useful and valuable a resource.

Oh...and hemp won't get you 'high'..or relaxed, or less anxious, or less depressed or treat your MS, parkinsons, ME, or any of the many health benefits now being recognised in Cannabis in almost half of all American states.

It simply doesn't contain anywhere near the percentage of the active ingredients of Cannabis to do any of those great medical effects...but i'm sure most would agree...is a robust and inexhaustible little gold mine, all in its own right.

It seems industry and governments around the world are starting to wake up and smell the hemp!

edit on 8-5-2014 by MysterX because: corrected info

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimaererum
who needs to put flouride in the water to keep the population docile when so many are dumb enough to pay for a drug that has the same effect.

What alcohol you mean?...people like a drink or two to unwind after a stressful day, people have got to have some little pleasures mate.

Oh...i see what you mean..silly me.

You weren't talking about the drug that kills hundreds of thousands of people and causes them to wind up in prisons in their millions because it raises agresssion in people were you...you were talking about Cannabis...that has an almost diametrically opposed effect.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Not to be a stickler but hemp and marijuana are the same species of plant. genus AND species.

see my post in this thread ( middle of page 6) that was ignored fir more details. Hemp and marijuana are the same plant but different cultivars. Like cauliflower and kale are the exact same species of plant but different cultivars.

Other than that I completely agree with your posts

reply to: MysterX

edit on 8-5-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You're quite right, they are the same species and genus, they even look the same but as i say, they are as different from one another in their effects if used 'recreationally' or medically, as plants come.

And really, the recreational aspect is the sticking point for most people when it comes to being a bit miffed about hemp..most poeple don't know they are very different plants with very different effects.

And let's face it, many decades of anti-hemp/Cannabis propaganda isn't going to just go away like flicking a switch.

People are going to feel betrayed, lied to, hoodwinked and quite annoyed they have been spending huge sums of their tax money on waging a war against something that is now being recognised as a major benefit and positive aspect of many peoples lives, and not the terrible, negative as it was portrayed in blatently biased and frankly, lying its face off propaganda like 'reefer madness' and similar hysteria inducing rubbish put out decades ago.

It'll take time for the penny to drop for a lot of folks, even after discovering the facts surrounding hemp and cannabis prohibition, but thats fine..people learn at different speeds.

Thanks for the correction. (changed my post to reflect the species part you mention)

edit on 8-5-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
All I can say is: It's about damn time!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

One popular reason why hemp was banned was it was a threat to the paper/wood industry. It grew almost everywhere, produces a high yield if cared right, and could be used for more purposes than paper and cotton. Bigwigs like Hearst were all for it, plus add in the religious right's propaganda film Reefer Madness, the feds had no prblem bending to the moral panic of the time.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Look. Hemp is an okay crop. It makes some good things.

But seriously, hemp worshippers, it is not the HOLY AND MIRACULOUS HAND OF GOD REACHING DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO CURE HUMANITY OF ALL OF ITS ILLS!

The way you carry on, it's no wonder most people mock you as a lot of over-enthusiastic stoners.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh
I think there were various competing and emerging interests that had it banned..all for financial gain and not so much about public health i think, they used the health/welfare aspect to get others on board.

edit on 8-5-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Look. Hemp is an okay crop. It makes some good things.

But seriously, hemp worshippers, it is not the HOLY AND MIRACULOUS HAND OF GOD REACHING DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO CURE HUMANITY OF ALL OF ITS ILLS!

The way you carry on, it's no wonder most people mock you as a lot of over-enthusiastic stoners.

Well, the studies show about 1000 different illnesses and diseases that are treated or cured with the use of MJ, so...

And that's just so far, considering research has been hampered for DECADES by a schedule 1 classification that makes no sense.

I'll take the science as opposed to the talking points when it comes to hemp and it's medically proven alternative.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join