It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA man shoots 11-year-old nephew dead while demonstrating laser sight on his forehead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I was simply defending the second amendment before "the liberals" came in to this thread and called for more gun control.
This wasnt the only accidental shooting to kill some on in the United States today. Any death is sad but more so when it is a child.
Look within yourself before condemning others. And do not feel sorry for me. I aam at peace with myself.

Yeah, it probably wasn't the only accidental shooting to kill someone that day. We have a lot of them, as well as intentional shootings.
Some 31,495 people were killed by guns in 2010.
Of those, 19,392 people killed themselves in 2010.
For the remainder, 9,403 people were murdered in 2010.
As for the rest, 606 were accidental shootings in 2010.
At least 54 people were legally shot to death by the police in 2010.
This still leaves 2,040 other shooting deaths. Perhaps these are also justified shootings.

Of the accidental shootings (of relevance), 98 kids were killed in 2010, which puts the rate at 1 child accidentally shot and killed every ~3.72 days.
edit on 16Wed, 07 May 2014 16:36:34 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by Greven because: (no reason given)

edit on 16Wed, 07 May 2014 16:37:49 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This numbnuts broke just about every rule of gun safety. I can't even fathom what the parents must be going through right now.

As a rabid defender of the 2A, I do have one area that I would consider it good practice to "infringe" it, if that's even the right word. I think anyone who buys a handgun for the first time should be required to take a class that covers basic SAFETY and proficiency, and minimal cost to them. It should not become a means of denying someone their right, however. Impart the info, make sure they understand it, record them having taken it and make it a requirement to show a course completion certificate (a permit of sorts) for future purchases. That's it.

This is not in fact 1776, and contrary to that time period, most people in this country do NOT have experience with firearms and the safety protocols associated. Yet these people can buy guns with no knowledge of how to use them properly. I think that one thing would go a long way toward preventing many tragedies like this from happening. Not all, of course, but it certainly can't hurt.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Shop around for the gun course just like the gun. Wouldn't want someone in the class where the instructor shot his own foot.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Shop around for the gun course just like the gun. Wouldn't want someone in the class where the instructor shot his own foot.

True. Ya know, I am quite positive that a suitable course exists already at the NRA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join