It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA man shoots 11-year-old nephew dead while demonstrating laser sight on his forehead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

If your IQ is below 100 you shouldnt have anything that could be used as a weapon.

People by default are naturally weapons!

Therefor, what would you propose those with more than 100IQ should do with those with less than 101IQ, whilst remembering that equals 50% of the so called human population [statistically speaking!]?

Should we remove the offending weapon [their bodies] from under their control for our own safety

edit on 6/5/2014 by DietJoke because: Edited to fix broken text.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
BINGO

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: V22tech
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I still dont understand how someone cannot know their gun is loaded. Maybe its just i've been trained since about 4 years old to make sure the breech is clear and never point a gun at anyone. Some people, despite my love of the 2nd, should not own fire arms. If your IQ is below 100 you shouldnt have anything that could be used as a weapon.

No kidding. Forget the fact he was too much of an idiot to actually check the gun properly and make sure the breach was clear, he actually trained the weapon on his nephew's head. Complete moron. You don't point a gun at anyone (even if it's not loaded) unless you intend to kill them/defend yourself.

No doubt libs will use this to shout for more gun control, but you can't legislate the stupid out of some people.

These threads crack me up. Any mention of anyone getting shot and it's, "libs! gun control!"

First off, all people on the left aren't really all that f'ing concerned with gun control. Secondly, there is not and will likely not be at any time in the near future, anything approaching the necessary popular support for any type of serious gun control at the federal level. It's jut not going to happen.

You can't read an article online about any shooting without 100 comments about how everyone is just so sure those "liberals are trying to grab the guns." It's like a Pavlovian response now.

It's just one of those safe topics that politicians can use like being "pro-life" for Republicans. There's no reversing Roe v. Wade — it's just something to get the base fired up.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As someone who will die fighting for my second Ammendment rights I hope the give him the maximum penalty, even death if its a possibility. All guns are always loaded all the time. Always.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Why do people always brag about how responsible they are with guns, and how 'irresponsible' the shooter was. One's obvious and one's irrelevant. People talk about guns like they are a new thing.... People have been irresponsible with them since the 14th century

Before anyone else goes off on me personally, I would like to use the above quote as my stance and final say on this issue.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

I still dont understand how someone cannot know their gun is loaded. Maybe its just i've been trained since about 4 years old to make sure the breech is clear and never point a gun at anyone. Some people, despite my love of the 2nd, should not own fire arms. If your IQ is below 100 you shouldnt have anything that could be used as a weapon.

No kidding. Forget the fact he was too much of an idiot to actually check the gun properly and make sure the breach was clear, he actually trained the weapon on his nephew's head. Complete moron. You don't point a gun at anyone (even if it's not loaded) unless you intend to kill them/defend yourself.

No doubt libs will use this to shout for more gun control, but you can't legislate the stupid out of some people.

These threads crack me up. Any mention of anyone getting shot and it's, "libs! gun control!"

First off, all people on the left aren't really all that f'ing concerned with gun control. Secondly, there is not and will likely not be at any time in the near future, anything approaching the necessary popular support for any type of serious gun control at the federal level. It's jut not going to happen.

You can't read an article online about any shooting without 100 comments about how everyone is just so sure those "liberals are trying to grab the guns." It's like a Pavlovian response now.

It's just one of those safe topics that politicians can use like being "pro-life" for Republicans. There's no reversing Roe v. Wade — it's just something to get the base fired up.

Sorry...add this one.
People are stupid. More people get shot by their own guns then they shoot others. Second Amendment is a right. Kids are killed everyday.
Is it good? No. Is it good that 1 out of four kids are going to bed without eating while we talk these first world problems of idiots shooting themselves and other accidentally?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have been allowed to handle guns since I was very young. Rule number 1 "All guns are loaded." I was taught how to handle real guns, and not allowed to have toy guns. I have known a couple of people who were killed by guns that were assumed to be not loaded. This is just sad.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hmmmmmmm
a reply to: the owlbear

Maybe we should require IQ tests to drive a car.

After all cars kill more people than guns.

This guy was a moron who failed to follow even the basics of gun safety.

But taking someone else's guns away because of this guy would be like taking away your car because a moronic neighbor drove drunk.

This reminds me of that old bumper sticker....." My gun has killed less people then Ted Kennedy's car! "

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech
That would disqualify a majority of LEO's.
Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, especially here in Albuquerque.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Even if he "knew for certain" the gun was not loaded why in the hell would he point it at a kid's head? Kids learn from adults. Sad that he is passing his stupidity on to the other kids.
edit on 6-5-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
The link does not show the article any longer, I wonder if he was young, my sons uncle is almost the same age as he is.

sry here is another link
www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Every weapon ever built has the same flaw. The user. If this man isn't sent to prison he should at the very least lose the right to ever own a weapon again. He could at least do the honorable thing and kill himself.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
Even if he "knew for certain" the gun was not loaded why in the hell would he point it at a kid's head? Kids learn from adults. Sad that he is passing his stupidity on to the other kids.

That's really the thing. I just can't imagine pointing any weapon at someone for "fun", for lack of a better word.
I fully support the second amendment and even CC for most people. It many cases I see it as more of a duty. I also support education and training at least as rigorous as driver licenses. If YOU have the right to have a weapon, I have the right for you to be trained how to use it SAFELY.
This is a horrible tragedy. It's possible this man never even heard of the 2 rules. If firearm safety was mandatory, this would be a clear case if negligent homicide and would probably never of happened.
I'll go even further than stupidity here. There has to be a certain coldness in a heart to even think of pointing a gun at a child, even if you think it's unloaded. A power trip of some kind. My vision of the described scene will no doubt haunt me for a long time.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've never taken a gun safety course. But my dad taught me everything about them, and the first rule is???? What an idiot.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I clicked pg 2 on the recent posts page because I won't
be reading anything here. I just wanted to say that reading
the heading, has made me feel naucious and I'm perspiring
and I think I'm done here for tonight. I'm getting a haedache
and I'm definitely going to go throw up now.
edit on Rpm50614v03201400000016 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

originally posted by: minkmouse
I'll bet this guy lives out the rest of his life with a guilt I don't even want to envision. A dead child and a life of pain, so sad when you think about it. This guy will wake up every morning for the rest of his life hoping the nightmare is over...It never happened. Such a shame

True but is that punishment enough?

This is a negligent discharge and I’m assuming that he's an experienced gun owner, he should know better.

He violated the first, second and third rules of gun ownership: ALWAYS TREAT A GUN LIKE ITS LOADED.

originally posted by: the owlbear
TThe second amendment says nothing about the stupid and their right to bear arms. Speaking of which, shouldn't felons and the mentally ill be able to own firearms as well? Isn't that an infringement? All or nothing people. It's the Constitution remember?

Yes of-course “felons” should be allowed to own firearms.

Especially these days, when people are being violently arrested for jogging through intersections, doesnt take much to become a "felon".

Because someone commits a crime or demonstrates poor judgment on a single occasion, they should lose their right of self protection?

I thought liberals were pro-criminal? If they actually believed in second chances and rehabilitation, theres no way they would advocate a person losing their RIGHTS.

Mentally ill? More than 50% of the population is diagnosed as “mentally ill” and is on some kind of medication (you're "mentally ill" for being on this web site). Are 50% of people committing violent crimes?

Of-course not.

And since when does being "mentally ill" equal violence?

A right is inherent. The State should never have the ability to strip an individual of their rights, especially when the government is as corrupt as ours.

edit on 6-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I still dont understand how someone cannot know their gun is loaded.

People forget to close their house door, set their alarm or if they've turned the air conditioning off.

If you do something enough times it has a much likely chance of becoming a false memory or not being remembered at all when you do it the next time according to some studies.

If anything, the major message to take from this is that no matter how high your IQ is, don't point a lethal weapon at someone's head unless you're planning on blowing it off.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
We heard of this Saturday night and we were heartbroken with the tragic loss of Hunter, it devastated our community. I live a few miles from where this happened and people in this area are shocked, and the family is dealing with a incredible loss.
I can't understand why this guy did not handle this gun in the manner that it was loaded.
On April 1st, Robert, Hunters father was laid off leaving his family with no insurance and now in this time of tragedy, limited means to provide the burial & funeral his son Hunter deserves.
Robert should be grieving with his wife and daughters, not trying to raise funds to bury his son.

I am not sure if this is allowed here so Mods remove the link, but there is a fund set up to help this family
if you feel in your heart you can please help.

Hunter's memorial fund

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hmmmmmmm

Maybe we should require IQ tests to drive a car.

After all cars kill more people than guns.

This guy was a moron who failed to follow even the basics of gun safety.

But taking someone else's guns away because of this guy would be like taking away your car because a moronic neighbor drove drunk.

I was rereading this thread and if anyone remembers me from the last four years here at ATS, sometimes I just cant stay away especially after good tequila and a little sleep. I was thinking about the above post. The bottom of it is a little extreme, but the top has an interesting point.
One problem, we DO make sure people have a rudimentary understanding on how to drive and traffic laws. It's called a driver's test. And yes. There are people who get someone smarter then they to take the written and then take the driving. Just as there are people who skirt laws for everything. Point being we do try to make sure people are smart enough to operate a motor vehicle. And I do not advocate the seizing of anyone's car even if they were caught dui or driving reckless. License privileges should and are suspended.
If anyone wishes to know my stance on gun control just look up HardCorps thread on smart guns...okay time to find somewhere else to adventure on ATS.

EXCELCIOR!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Maybe that should be a condition of gun ownership. A long hard training course followed by an exam. It would probably do a lot to weed out the idiots.

Pity it wasn't himself he killed. SO sad.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join