It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand to Ban Psychoactive Substances after third reading of Amendment Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just some justice local news.

As of 12:am Thursday 8th of may it will be illegal to obtain, sell, use, produce Psychoactive Substances or ‘Synthetic Highs’ that are currently purchased legally at smoke shops or Dairy’s.

There has been a fast pace towards the ban of synthetic legal highs in New Zealand, as there has been a lot of out cry over the effect on communities and the discontent with the testing of these substances on animals.

Parliament recognises the effect of this bill, conflicting the idea banning substances if high on demand, may setup for a Black Market of obtaining such synthetics that have been widespread in today’s culture and most opinions in favour have no tolerance for these products on the streets.

www.illumingati.co.nz...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-5-2014 by Sphinxxx because: links

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sphinxxx

Wait a second here, NZ allowed psychoactive drugs, they weren't illegal????? They're just banning them now????? Damn, why didn't I move there 20 years ago instead of coming back to this God forsaken colony called Canada.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

From a expat.Looks like you've got a civil war comming.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Guess it means going back to the dealer again. It's so much fun having to interact with the shadyest people in town.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The black market wil be thrilled!
Consumer demand is still strong, laws don't change that.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wait, so someone was making a personal choice about their private entertainment?
And they were also paying tax dollars to fuel said personal choice?!!

Can't have that! Quick, make laws so that they can be arrested and their record hurt...next thing you know, people will be smiling whenever they want!!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Stop getting involved in our personal lives govt. All or any govt. If we are as a human being aren't hurting directly another human being you don't have any right to limit our use of psychoactive substances. Period.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

I totally agree. Although if they would just legalize the plant we all know shouldn't be illegal I doubt this fake stuff would have become so popular in the first place.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This affects so many people that i know personally. Funny thing is, before these synthetic highs were available, most people were using marijuana. But tried to get off that because jobs were testing for drug use, so they moved to these new synthetic highs. Which F***ED them up!!! I swear if they had stayed on marijuana they would be so much more 'balanced'. Instead of Off the Wall with rage, and paranoia, and when trying to quit it, suffering the worst withdrawls I've seen.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
And so it truly begins today... The ban is in effect and what is going to happen to those who are literally addicted to it? Already heard how one shop owner was robbed of any substances left on their premises......

top topics

join