It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Polls: your feedback and suggestions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
By now, I'm sure everyone has had a chance to participate in our new polling system from PollDaddy (from the same company as Word Press).

I picked PollDaddy because their privacy policy was compatible with ours, and the flexibility available to also include their polls in our FaceBook page (among other things).

Our general strategy will be to do 2-3 polls per week that are aligned with the hottest topics that rise to the surface here on ATS. But sometimes, there may not be an issue or topic that works well as a poll. In that case, we'll fall back on general ATS topics that have always been hot items, and would have interest among our non-member visitors.

So this thread is for any feedback on the polls/surveys, as well as have one place where our members can suggest new polls for those times that hot topics aren't an ideal fit.

So… sure, we'll do one on chemtrails soon…

What else would you like to see in our polls or surveys?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'd like to see a poll addressing who believes in a deity.

Existence of the Illuminati

and believers in the Paranormal

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

maybe a two step process?
step one: propose the poll topic and get replies on preferred single line poll response.
Step two: Grab the replies with the top 5 number of stars for the actual poll.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I like the format of the polls, it's not crazy or clunky. And with the exception of that Putin poll they were all valid poll question.

How about a poll on members thoughts on the site owners and operators involvement with TPTB or the Govt. I think it might be interesting to see how paranoid we really are.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Back in the earlier days when we had polls,it really pissed me off and i was vocal about it. (only posted my opinion once in one thread,no need to go any further harping on things)
Now....I welcome them and have voted in the ones that interest me and am interested in the feedback from them.
Was very surprised at my countries anarchy vote I will say.

Keep em coming big man.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I was able to vote twice, so if the goal is accuracy then a way to lock-out after one vote should be incorporated.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I mentioned in a thread that I would like to see stats on how many people voted in each option. Nobody replied to that.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I would like the ability to make a simple poll on a thread, is that a possibility or will it crash ATS?

Or have the ability to judge threads more then just a star or flag, have a negative or disagree symbol - I see the star system like polling.

As for topics I think relevant events like you are doing are just fine.
How about, 'Who killed JFK?'
edit on 5/6/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There has been some inquiries in threads amount of people who might have their insurance with Obamacare.. Also never ending questions of racism, religious believes etc..

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There needs to be a 'none of the above' choice.

BTW ... I'm very glad to see these back. UBER FUN!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I'd like to see a poll on illegal immigration that's internationally focused. Whether people think it's OK or not.

Also, thanks for bringing the polls to us. Pretty cool.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I would like to see some funny polls thrown in the mix here and there. The poll about Putin was hilarious! It can get heated on the boards at times and it's nice to see some humor to lighten things up.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well if im right in saying that the alien/ufo is the biggest forum, i'd like to see a regular poll on this subject.
Questions covering a range of topics on the subject starting with "what do you believe a ufo to be?" or something similar.
It is after all the biggest conspiracy there is
Great idea by the way...
ETA: i thought the breakdown by country was a brilliant idea lets keep that in there please.
edit on 6/5/14 by SecretKnowledge because: i was more that delighted that little ol' Ireland's poll results were included in a survey, lets keep that going...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would like to see polls more along the lines of, iSideWith.com.

But I'm sure that would be pretty resource intensive.

But I guess for quick one off question polls, they're ok.

But I challenge you and other members to make me think hard first before I reply. I'd like to see something more in-depth.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Make them easier to get rid off for all the people on laptop's

And a opt out button please

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I didnt vote on any of the polls so far because I couldnt find a suitable choice. So maybe you could be a little more thoughtful with the selection of answers.

Just for the folks who like to go a bit further down the rabbit hole or are maybe a tad more cynical than most..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

WIll all your scumbag polls force people to vote for any ole crappy option just to be able to get access to the site or will only most of them do that??????????????

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think we need a poll to see if we all want polls.

(snickers at the irony of the statement)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No, let's do it right.

We should take a vote to determine if we should form an exploratory committee to determine if we should vote on whether or not to have a poll to see if we should have polls.

Fair is fair.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I suggest having a "Other - Explain Below" option in each poll. Most poll options will not relate to everyone. This will give them the chance to explain their standpoint on the "Other" option.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join