It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom's experience in Malakwa, B.C

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've spent the last couple of days trying to find out as much information as I can about the small town of Malakwa, B.C, Canada. As I can't drive out there myself to investigate the town (no car & I'm currently sick) I've had to use the limited information I've found on the web. So let's get to it

Malakwa, B.C

Location: Southern Interior of British Columbia, Canada, in the Eagle River valley, along the Trans-Canada Highway between Sicamous and Revelstoke
Population in 2001: 649
Malakwa is a Chinook jargon for mosquito.
The first none native settlement in Malakwa was around 1885, all though it could have been earlier.

If the town sounds familiar, it is probably because it is the site of the (Craigellachie) last spike hammered by Canadian Pacific Railway Director Donald Smith, into the Transcontinental Rail Line that united Canada from coast to coast on 7th November 1885. The site is located at Craigellachie, 4.5 miles (7 kms) northeast of Malakwa on Highway 1

Now that we have a sense of the history of this town, I will tell you why I've looked into this town.
It all has to do with my Mom. I made a thread a while back, My Paranormal Experiences and it talks about mine & my families paranormal experiences. For some reason, spirits are drawn to us & it is something that we are now used to.

Last week my Mom called me & told me about her newest paranormal experience she had & this time it was at a job site. My Mom works with her boyfriend as carpenters. Normally they work locally but this time they had to do a bit of traveling to work on home that needed some repairs. My Mom didn't think anything was odd or off about the house that they were working on in Malakwa, B.C but she soon learned differently.

First paranormal experience:
My Mom & her boyfriend had arrived at the house & were told what needed to be done. My Mom was tasked with filling buckets of water to use while mixing the flooring stuff (sorry, don't recall what it's called) My Mom decided to put the big buckets in the tub to fill up & then she would take the smaller bucket & fill it in the kitchen sink. She turned on the faucet for the tub & as the bucket started to fill up, she took the smaller one into the kitchen & started to fill it up. Her boyfriend walked in & asked where the bigger buckets where? My Mom told him they were in the tub filling up & he said that she should use the smaller buckets to fill the larger ones so she doesn't have to worry about lifting the heavy buckets. My Mom agreed & went to the bathroom to retrieve the buckets. When she got in there she discovered the faucet had been turned off, not just the water stopped but that it was actually turned to the off position. She asked her boyfriend if he had turned it off & he said he hadn't. My Mom thought that maybe she had forgotten she had turned the faucet off but was pretty sure that she had left it on. Later in the day my Mom & her boyfriend were talking to the guy who had hired them for the job & the guy told them how an old man had died in the house. About a couple months back, an old guy who was living in the place, had a sewage pipe burst in his basement. The old guy went down into the basement & used an ax on the pipe (not sure to what avail but they can tell that one of the pipes had been hit a couple times with an ax) The old guy then went back upstairs & collapsed on the floor dead. No body found the guy for 3 weeks so you can imagine the foul smell inside. A lot of work has already been done on the house, including cutting out the part of the floor that had been around the body. When my Mom & her boyfriend went back to working, my Mom decided she was going to talk to the old guy, she explained that he had died & what they were doing to his house.

When my Mom got home, she called me & told me all about what happened. She couldn't believe that she had an encounter but at the time, she didn't know that it wasn't going to be the last paranormal experience at that house. The very next day my Mom texted me and told me about the second experience.

Paranormal experience #2:
My Mom didn't go back to Malakwa on the second day because she had a doctor appointment in our town. My Mom's boyfriend brought his daughter out to the job site to help out. (I'll call the daughter Jamie & my Mom's boyfriend Bill)
Bill was working on the second floor of the house & Jamie was on the main floor working in a large room. Jamie had her back to the doorway as she worked on the floor. Suddenly she heard something heavy come crashing down behind her. She turned around & saw one of the heavy duty power tools on the ground. Jamie has helped her Dad many times on job sites & knows not to leave any of the tools in a place where they could fall & be damaged. She had placed the power tool far away from the edge of the counter so it's not like it could have fallen because of gravity, while it teetered on the edge. Jamie & her Dad were the only ones at the job site & when she went running to tell her Dad, he was still laying tiles on the second floor.

Later Bill was talking to the guy who had hired him to do the flooring. This time the guy had more knowledge to share, as he had done some asking around. Apparently the old guy who had lived in the house, complained often about stuff disappearing in his house & other things moving around. The old guy swore up and down the place was haunted.

Nothing else has happened at the house, but they aren't done working there.
When my Mom & I were discussing it after the second experience, I said "well maybe the tap was the old guy, because he doesn't want any more damage to his place. The second one with the falling object, could have been a different spirit, doing something more playful & what is usually did to the old guy"

It'll be interesting to see if anything else happens or if my Mom/Bill could find out any more information. Some residents of the town do think that other areas of the town are haunted, like a warehouse & given the history of the town, it doesn't surprise me if there are some hot spots.

edit on 6-5-2014 by knoledgeispower because: formating

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Interesting story. I can't wait to hear what else happens.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

How old is your mum?

Personally, I think she needs to see a doctor!! I find this kind of stuff just impossible to believe except for some medical reason!! All invented in the mind due to forgetfulness and absentmindedness!! She will swear down she experienced this, they ALL do but absolutely no one has!! It's a mental illness!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
would be cool if your mom would bring a voice recorder get some evp's or a camcorder.
For me I work construction all the time, I have never had any paranormal experiences and I've been in some really spooky places. Ghost just don't want to mess with me I guess or if something does happen I do a full investigation and find out why things fell or why a faucet can turn on or off naturally, believe it or not faulty faucets can do that.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

How old is your mum?

Personally, I think she needs to see a doctor!! I find this kind of stuff just impossible to believe except for some medical reason!! All invented in the mind due to forgetfulness and absentmindedness!! She will swear down she experienced this, they ALL do but absolutely no one has!! It's a mental illness!!

My mom is only 50yrs old. If you read my past thread about paranormal experiences, you would see that this isn't the first time my Mom has had a paranormal experience. She is also not the only family member who has had paranormal experiences.

No one in my family suffers any mental illnesses, we have physical illnesses but our brains our just fine. I'm sorry if you disbelieve in it but that doesn't mean you can assume my Mom is nuts.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysteryskeptic
would be cool if your mom would bring a voice recorder get some evp's or a camcorder.
For me I work construction all the time, I have never had any paranormal experiences and I've been in some really spooky places. Ghost just don't want to mess with me I guess or if something does happen I do a full investigation and find out why things fell or why a faucet can turn on or off naturally, believe it or not faulty faucets can do that.

My Mom only has a cell phone as technology isn't her friend. She has fried many computers and has gone through at least 12 cell phones in the last 3yrs. I will talk to her about it and see if her boyfriend has a camera he can bring out to the job site.

Some people have spirits drawn to them more so then others, why exactly? not sure but I can guess that with my family it is because of the illnesses.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I would go on to say after reading your suggested other thread that what runs in your family is not "paranormal connectivity" but some form of mental ailment!

It is a nice read and nice story but I would bet that if you sat down with a Psychiatrist for a few months you would def find that something is wrong with the people in your family who "claim" to experience paranormal activity!

And I was not calling your mom nuts...maybe just crazy!

Do you live with your mom? Are you two very close (seems so), you talk about her a lot and the other women in your family!! Cut the strings my friend!

One day my Grandma, my Great Aunt (my Grandma's sister), my Mom & younger sister were on a walk in Georgia

Freud would have a field day with you!!

edit on 6-5-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I would go on to say after reading your suggested other thread that what runs in your family is not "paranormal connectivity" but some form of mental ailment!

It is a nice read and nice story but I would bet that if you sat down with a Psychiatrist for a few months you would def find that something is wrong with the people in your family who "claim" to experience paranormal activity!

And I was not calling your mom nuts...maybe just crazy!

Do you live with your mom? Are you two very close (seems so), you talk about her a lot and the other women in your family!! Cut the strings my friend!

One day my Grandma, my Great Aunt (my Grandma's sister), my Mom & younger sister were on a walk in Georgia

Freud would have a field day with you!!

Again, none of us are nuts. I am in see a therapist but that's for something traumatic that happened to me when I was 5yrs old, not anything to do with mental health.

No at 27yrs of age I do not live with my Mom. It may sound like I have a great relationship with my Mom but I've just recently allowed her back in my life. I do not have a relationship with my older sister & my younger sister lives 6hrs away.

Why does hanging out with family make you nuts?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I am in see a therapist but that's for something traumatic that happened to me when I was 5yrs old

Ahhhh mow we are getting somewhere. Trauma when young can manifest itself in all different ways when we are older.

I think there is more to you and your family than you are letting on!!

I think your family history will account for the "ghosts and paranormal" you claim to have experienced!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I live near there. Always love hearing about haunted places nearby.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I am in see a therapist but that's for something traumatic that happened to me when I was 5yrs old

Ahhhh mow we are getting somewhere. Trauma when young can manifest itself in all different ways when we are older.

I think there is more to you and your family than you are letting on!!

I think your family history will account for the "ghosts and paranormal" you claim to have experienced!!

Ok let me get this straight, you don't believe in the paranormal, so what are you doing in this forum? Why are you taking the time to personally attack me? That says more about your character than me experiencing paranormal stuff or not.

I don't need to justify anything to you just because you can't wrap your head around a concept & are to arrogant to even try. Step off you high horse & stop attacking me. Go be an ass else where

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Seriously. I agree with you. You experienced it, and so did your mum. You stand to gain nothing by admitting to a paranormal experience. There's no cash prize, no public accolades...It is what is...it's freaky. I honestly don't know why someone wants to rain on your (non) parade. I haven't had any paranormal experiences other than the frequent dreams of people who have passed who tell me very real and relevant things (and it's not my subconscious talking to me because it's stuff I never knew). But I don't discount other's experiences as a mental illness. I can't see air but it's there nonetheless.
edit on 7-5-2014 by EveStreet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

i am not attacking you. Jesus grow up! YOU put up a thread claiming something. That thread is open to discussion and scrutiny from any member.

Just because I DO NOT agree with your story doesn't mean I CAN NOT comment on what I think. Why are you so soft? Typical of a lot of people who come onto this forum and "claim" something and when challenged shout "shill, attacker", or whatever name you can muster.

I have a problem with this type of claim as there is never any proof except flimsy misunderstood cevents that can be attributed to many rational explanations. On the UFO forum if someone posts a pic it is scrutinized and rightly so as so many people falsely say things that have hampered the topic.

With yourself, I see glaring holes and offered those as reasons! You take that as an attack...hmmm mayeb your attitude could be better and be more forthcoming and present something that can challenge my disbelief.

But obviously debating a subject is not your style.....enjoy your therapy...you seem to need it!!!!

edit on 7-5-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That is a beautiful little area, Shuswap, and scoured many of these places I love when we were looking for our inexpensive house. I don't know if that town falls on the Okanagan weather side or the Revelstoke side, there is a sudden line in that area, where it goes from beautiful climate and only 26 inches of rain a year to being a rain forest, and shudder shudder shudder. The pics still look Shuswap though. What stopped us from looking there and Lumby too, was the flooding. The real estate agent advised us against areas, because over logging practices had created floods that were only going to get worse in time he said.

Paranormal exeriences abound everywhere, we are spirits in a playpen, sometimes prison or having to redo. And its kind of a hologram so lots of things bleed through.

My great grandfather, rather straight laced Catholic, had not a near death but as he approached death shared with family visits from his loved ones and being shown paradise. Previous, working in the woods years ago, in a cabin, he had a long conversation with a man, who was there physically, and then at the end of it, requested he dig his bone up under the floor boards, and give him a proper burial. Don't know why, because I personally believe in having your dust thrown over a field of wild flowers. But he seemed to think it was important to him, perhaps he had things that were holding him back and still had some programs he clung to, to make sense of his life while alive, before the next leap or growth would occur for his spirit.

In any case, he vanished and my grandfather lifted the floorboards and found his remains and he was given a Christian burial, which to him was important.

He thought he was just having a conversation with a living guy who happened to stumble upon the cabin.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

BTW...I like your avatar. Puscifer is a great band - I especially like The Mission with Milla Jovovich and The Undertaker.
edit on 7-5-2014 by EveStreet because: changed word

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

i am not attacking you. Jesus grow up! YOU put up a thread claiming something. That thread is open to discussion and scrutiny from any member.

Just because I DO NOT agree with your story doesn't mean I CAN NOT comment on what I think. Why are you so soft? Typical of a lot of people who come onto this forum and "claim" something and when challenged shout "shill, attacker", or whatever name you can muster.

I have a problem with this type of claim as there is never any proof except flimsy misunderstood cevents that can be attributed to many rational explanations. On the UFO forum if someone posts a pic it is scrutinized and rightly so as so many people falsely say things that have hampered the topic.

With yourself, I see glaring holes and offered those as reasons! You take that as an attack...hmmm mayeb your attitude could be better and be more forthcoming and present something that can challenge my disbelief.

But obviously debating a subject is not your style.....enjoy your therapy...you seem to need it!!!!

The mature thing to do is to offer your two cents and leave it at that. If you continue to insult someone, then yes it is attacking someone.

There's a difference between saying "I don't believe you because you probably had a misunderstanding of the events" and telling someone they & their family are crazy. Obviously you don't care about other people's feelings, unless your a sociopath & you get off on this #, which the internet has lots of those people. It's one thing to have a logical debate with someone but you are not at all. I have no problem debating someone but I see no need for name calling. I also see no point in debating you because you are set in your ways, it would be a waste of my time.

I'm sorry that I don't have video or audio proof, doesn't sound like you would believe it anyways. When most paranormal stuff happens it's not cause a ghost is like "OOohh hey a camera, I'm going to show off". Get real. Until you have an experience, you will never believe because you have a very close mind, maybe that's why nothing ever happens to you. Why bother with someone who isn't receptive?

And for your big fat information: EVERYONE NEEDS therapy, even you. It's the healthy thing to do. We, as humans, are constantly changing as we grow & we aren't taught how to properly deal with emotions like sadness & anger. It would be very wise if we talked to someone about what we are going through & learn how to deal with it in a healthy way instead of using drugs/alcohol. Going to therapy doesn't mean you are crazy, my therapist is amazed at how I've been able to handle not having a father in my life, an alcoholic mother who has Crohn's and almost died 3 times, a younger sister with an incurable disease, an older sister who has control issues & my own medical illnesses. (that's why I'm in counseling) She also thinks I will make a great therapist myself when I get older.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
That is a beautiful little area, Shuswap, and scoured many of these places I love when we were looking for our inexpensive house. I don't know if that town falls on the Okanagan weather side or the Revelstoke side, there is a sudden line in that area, where it goes from beautiful climate and only 26 inches of rain a year to being a rain forest, and shudder shudder shudder. The pics still look Shuswap though. What stopped us from looking there and Lumby too, was the flooding. The real estate agent advised us against areas, because over logging practices had created floods that were only going to get worse in time he said.

Paranormal exeriences abound everywhere, we are spirits in a playpen, sometimes prison or having to redo. And its kind of a hologram so lots of things bleed through.

My great grandfather, rather straight laced Catholic, had not a near death but as he approached death shared with family visits from his loved ones and being shown paradise. Previous, working in the woods years ago, in a cabin, he had a long conversation with a man, who was there physically, and then at the end of it, requested he dig his bone up under the floor boards, and give him a proper burial. Don't know why, because I personally believe in having your dust thrown over a field of wild flowers. But he seemed to think it was important to him, perhaps he had things that were holding him back and still had some programs he clung to, to make sense of his life while alive, before the next leap or growth would occur for his spirit.

In any case, he vanished and my grandfather lifted the floorboards and found his remains and he was given a Christian burial, which to him was important.

He thought he was just having a conversation with a living guy who happened to stumble upon the cabin.

Yes it is a lovely area. I'm in the okanagan, not sure how long of a drive away, probably an hour or two.
My boyfriend and I are thinking of moving to the Kootany's. I love it there, so much nature!!!

It makes sense for spirits to be here, as we are all made of energy. Some are stuck here, others have a different purpose. I know I have a spirit guide, he's saved my life a couple times but it's mainly just making sure I don't get hurt real bad. I've gone into a deep meditative state & think I was able to see the back of him. I had a sense that in a previous life, we had been my father. Mind you, for all I know, it could be my Great Grandpa who passed the year I was born. I have his middle name & he was very fond of my Mother.

I've never personally seen a ghost & I'm not sure how I would react. It's one thing to sense them, hear them & have stuff moving but seeing one is a whole different story. I'd like to think I wouldn't freak out but I could see myself doing that.

EveStreet Thanks for what you said. I hardly ever share my experiences because most people aren't open to the idea of ghosts. I decided to share my experiences on here because I know that there are people out there, like you, who are open minded or have had experiences themselves. I mean really, who are we to say they don't exist, we barely know anything about anything.

I enjoy Puscifer too. I like all of Keenan's bands, A perfect Circle, Puscifer & Tool. My boyfriend introduced me to the music 3yrs ago when I was also being introduced to ATS & the real world.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Reminder~~~~~

Personal attacks and off topic remarks stop NOW!!!!
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.
Further such posts will be removed.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

thanks for sharing your story. those of us who have experienced the paranormal world of ghosts/spirits know in our hearts that these things are real. not just the manifestation of "forgetfulness and absentmindedness" lmao.

nevermind the negative naysayers and those who embrace ignorance and please continue to share yours and your mothers paranormal experiences as there are plenty of us here who are interested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join