It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola and Pepsi removing controversial 'flame retardant' ingredient from all drinks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Coca Cola is a drink?

I thought it was an industrial pipe cleaner.

Or is that just what they do with the run-off from the coke factory?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What was the reason they had it in the drink in the 1st place? And isn't there a naturally edible alternative that could have been used?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
BVO keeps citric acid in drinks from separating out from the rest of the beverage, which it will do over time without some form of emulsifier.

BVO is banned for human consumption in Europe, but as soft drinks containing citric acid DO need some form of emulsifier, it was replaced with glycerol esters, locust bean gums or wood rosin, depending on the beverage in question.

Without an emulsifier, there is a chance you'd end up drinking pure citric acid, as it floats to the top of the beverage. Not nice.

I have to point out a very popular misconception. Just because something is 'natural' extracted from plants, does not automatically mean its safer than something produced in a laboratory, nor does it automatically follow that something produced in a laboratory is more dangerous than something extracted from nature. Some of the deadliest substances known to man, are natural.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

There was a man who died last year whose excessive liquid consumption (3 liters of coke and a large but unknown amount of water) had caused his lungs to quadruple their weight.

There was a woman who died from drinking up to 10 and an average of 7 liters of coke a day. Upon autopsy she had a diseased liver, she most likely suffered from severe hypokalemia, she vomited an average of 6 times a week most likely from caffeine toxicity. Her boyfriend was told she died from a heart aneurysm. The official cause of death was cardiac arrhythmia.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Why would you want to convince the masses that all of the water supply is poisoned?

So they don't flush the toxins out of their bodies the only legitimate way that exists: drinking more water.

Plus you can trick them into buying a bunch of stuff to fix their newly-found toxicity problem.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
SODA SODA SODA!!!!
That being said ... I think everyone would be shocked if they actually ever figured out what was in all the drinks and goodies that they chow down on, ya' know? Makes you wonder what the purpose of the chemicals could possibly be.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Addiction.

Read about the trade secrets of fast food. Ever wonder why so many fat people are in line at Mcdonalds?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I tried to avoid the "pop" or "soda" dialect confusion by asking for a "soda-pop" but ended up sounding like an old prospector or cowboy when I said it like that (Gimme a sody-pop partner). Lately I ask for a cola or use a brand name when I buy a soda-pop.

I suppose the most technical terminology would be a "sugar based, NA, carbonated beverage"

edit on 7-5-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added last line

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We call it pop up here in yooperland.

Isn't BVO some sort of bromated oil or something?

Coca-Cola intends to have the ingredient, brominated vegetable oil (BVO), removed from its drinks by the end of the year

If you would have read 3 lines into the OP you would have found your answer....

By the way to the above posters, it is pop, not soda! Us younsers up here in PA call your soda - POP! What does the can do when you open it? Not soda....lol

Youns all talk funny not from PA....lol

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
By the way to the above posters, it is pop, not soda!

Ingredients ... soda water .... it's soda.

When I lived in Alabama, they called all the sodas 'coke' ... and then the server would have to say, 'which one' and the person ordering would then say '7up' or 'pepsi'. What a silly waste to time. I never understood that place ... not at all.

Map Showing soda/pop/coke Names by Region

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
WOW. Glad I don't drink soda very often anymore. Now it'll be never.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justacasualobserver

Been drinking Mt.Dew for decades, hope the flavor doesn't change

My husband is addicted to Mt. Dew...Good thing he's physically active and burns it all off. The man drinks a 2 liter a day. Yuck, I just don't get it. Thankful I never got the taste for any of it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join