It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can God make prophecies?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DrinkMoreWater
Satan is easily a reflection of our animal tendencies. I mean if you were lost in a forest and had not eaten for 10 days, what would you do to a kitten, that happened to have been lost as well in the same forest.

Keep in mind that past 15 days a person will eat anything and to them it will taste really good.

You see when it comes to survival humans need access to protein or they die after about 30 days.

In religion there are exceptions such as Jesus Christ and Buddha.

Any thoughts?

edit on 6-5-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Depends on the video game, which are all made by humans and not God.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It does not matter as I think you have understood and expressed it better than me.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Jesus was not simply a human, just as he is not simply a human now, and God provides for his children. As to the nature of Satan, Satan is a fallen angel.
edit on 6-5-2014 by DrinkMoreWater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Jesus Christ could very well have been a favorable mutation and given God exist; same difference.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Perfection does not evolve.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrinkMoreWater
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Depends on the video game, which are all made by humans and not God.

Getting technical on this won't get you too far on this.... God made humans.... And all video games have the same idea, their is an objective. Just like life

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

How can we claim perfection given there is physical evidence we have evolved.

I think of God as having created the Universe in no different a way than a farmer prepares his or her land for crops.

Besides we are by no means perfect.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

How can we claim perfection given there is physical evidence we have evolved.

I think of God as having created the Universe in no different a way than a farmer prepares his or her land for crops.

Also we are by no means perfect.

I would like to address this point by point and if you want to more easily discuss this you could respond or not respond to each number as you see fit:

1. We can not claim perfection. Why do you believe that was my implication?

2. There is no evidence for evolution as is taught in the theory of evolution pioneered by Darwin and taught in our schools OTHER THAN common characteristics and building blocks. Did the motorcycle evolve from the car because they have common characteristics? Or did their creator create them to function in the same environment? I am not saying evolution positively did not happen in any shape or form. Adaptation definitely happens. What I am saying is, and this is with regards to evolution in general as opposed to Darwinism, that I would require more evidence for it than common characteristics before I take it seriously, and we have none. God could have set evolution in motion to create life, if he saw fit to, but I see no serious evidence that that is what happened.

3. There will be a harvest, but the reason for the harvest is to extract the good from the bad and throw away the bad.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Prophecy comes from people and they are frequently wrong. Anybody can claim they are from god, even the ancients of the OT.
A lot of prophecy appears to be lucky guesses or self fulfilling prophecy.

I can make a prophecy right now and I will be no less or more wrong than most prophets, I can also look at the trend of the populous and predict that due to greed and selfishness it will wind up in a big bru-haha later on down the line with war and/or environmental destruction.

All it takes is some foresight by looking at what is going on now.

I predict that precious metals will come primarily from landfills in the future.
There, that's what I am predicting.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

Even the gardens in Israel understand more than you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I would point out the powered flight evolved from the internal combustion engine. There was also a time in history when leaders could say to there armies, "our intention is to rape, pillage and take all our enemies recourses and the troops would cheer.

Try doing that now.

Would you like to offer me the exact difference between the God of Jacob and Jesus Christ, because not everyone is into agreement as to if these two were not the same person.

Can you explain the vision by apostles in the garden of Moses and Ezekiel, when Jesus Christ explains that John the Baptist is Ezekiel?

Potentially implied is that Ezekiel was both dead and alive.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

So you are going to make it hard on me I see.

I would point out the powered flight evolved from the internal combustion engine.

Not it did not. Both were created by God's creations. His creations took some of what they had learned and applied it in a different way.

There was also a time in history when leaders could say to there armies, "our intention is to rape, pillage and take all our enemies recourses and the troops would cheer.

Try doing that now.

This pertains to nothing we were discussing, and many people do do it now (including some of our own in the US).

Would you like to offer me the exact difference between the God of Jacob and Jesus Christ, because not everyone is into agreement as to if these two were not the same person.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. - Acts 3:13

The God of Jacob is the Father of Jesus

edit on 6-5-2014 by DrinkMoreWater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So tell me, what do the gardens have to say?

You say this, no doubt to religious bias.
The fear that there may be no god is very strong.

defend, defend, defend defensively.

Ridicule those who have doubt, that's the way of the lord?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. - Acts 3:13

The God of Jacob is the Father of Jesus

Thanks for the sermon.
I believe now.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

All I did is make a statement. You are the one expressing indicators of what psychologists call "defense mechanisms."

I have no need to explain the statement to you. Those who are meant to understand it will.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You cast the first stone pal.

You violated the TOS with an ad hominem attack.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2014 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The issues of the apostles in the garden did result is some temporal mater did it not?????

What's wrong with giving credit to humans??

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

"An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument."

en.wikipedia.org...

Your inability to understand the reference does not excuse your faulty logic in this case.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Was that you picking cherries over there?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join