It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets Ambassador for Humanity Award and Parody Posters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This appears more entertainment than news but the two stories are pretty much connected. Steven Spielberg will be honoring president Obama at the University of Southern California’s Shoah Foundation, a Holocaust museum for among other things the POTUS efforts to protect global human rights. I wonder if anyone from Pakistan is invited?

USC Shoah Foundation and Steven Spielberg to Host President Barack Obama as Featured Speaker at 20th Anniversary Gala

To help mark this occasion, the Institute will have the great privilege of welcoming President Barack Obama, who will speak to common values and shared responsibilities in building a brighter future.

Institute founder and USC trustee Steven Spielberg will recognize President Obama with the Institute’s highest honor, the Ambassador for Humanity Award for his global efforts to protect human rights, his commitment to education and expanding educational technology, and his work advancing opportunities for all people.

Oh brother... the hypocrisy just seems to drip off this one. Still there is some humor to be found and these next folks lent a hand to highlight the arrival of the great one. Wonder who is really behind the artwork?

Parody Obama Movie Posters Arrive in L.A. for President’s Visit

A parody of Saving Private Ryan the poster says it is “A Steven Spielberg Ploy,” and its tagline reads, “The mission is a fraud.”

The posters, which feature President Obama walking into the horizon between a pair of his teleprompters, have appeared on bus stops and benches throughout Los Angeles, including just outside Melrose Avenue, the main entrance to Paramount Pictures.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They should have an overflight of a formation of drones.

Since its Obamas favorite ambassadors of peace.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wonder if any of the thousands of civilians Barry droned are going to be flown in to help him celebrate that award for "human rights."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, you folks have said everything I would have in regards this thread, so I will just concur on the hypocrisy of it all with a resounding : "You have got to be kidding me"

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I guess the Paradigm is doing a side step since Ms. Rice was protested out of honorary celebration at her speaking engagement.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

I wonder if any of the thousands of civilians Barry droned are going to be flown in to help him celebrate that award for "human rights."

Most likely if they were they would be thinking of a different type of "award."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He should take that award and Shove it!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Some things just boggle the mind. Hats off to the street artists group for trying to put things into perspective.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonButtonIII

Its So Ca, theres no need to ship idiots in, they are already there.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Obama... that's the guy that said "I'm pretty good at killing people." , right?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

This is such a bad joke. It's as if they're slapping us all in the face. Human rights? He doesn't even consider our rights under the Constitution, sacrosanct. Bah humbug!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

“President Obama’s commitment to democracy and human rights has long been felt,” Spielberg said.

When I saw this in the article, I had to give my head a shake and ask, "WHERE?"

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Is this because he's black?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Is this because he's black?

Are you asking about the award, the parody posters or the hypocrisy of this whole thing?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If the award ceremony isn't meant to be satire, then it's irony.

Either way it get my 'brief guffaw' award...

new topics

top topics

join