It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly Every Mass Shooting In The Last 20 Years Shares One Thing In Common, And It Isn’t Weapons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: benrl

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Before I opened up the post, I knew the answer. I had to come in to see if I was right...

Anti Depresants!

How sad

We have to be careful, as Correlation does not equal causation.

But it certainly merits further research and concern.

I have no doubt anti-depressants help people, the question is are their unintended side effects, that IF they where stressed, could perhaps be accounted for and protected against.

The problem is blanket therapy. What works for me will not always nor necessarily work for you! Yet this is how we are treated in the herd mentality way.

It's twofold. Blanket therapy combined with a difference in intelligence. According to the Secret Service, many of these kids were A to B students. Several were in AP or more advanced classes. A really smart kid can still run in circles around a not so smart psychiatrist. Kip Kinkel would be an example of that. Kinkel was in the Gifted and Talented program, which requires an IQ over 130. For example, here's a summary of Kip Kinkel's psychologist's court testimony:

At one point, he said, he recommended that Kip try an anti-depressant, so Faith took Kip to their family physician who prescribed Prozac for him. Soon after he began taking the drug, Kip's mood seemed to improve substantially and he no longer appeared to be depressed. By the time Kip and Faith decided to end treatment, Hicks said he felt that Kip made progress in his ability to manage his anger and communicate with family members, and that his depression had lifted.

In the course of his treatment, Hicks said, he saw no evidence that Kip was psychotic or delusional. Kip made no mention of any voices in their nine sessions. The only time "voices" came up was in his initial interview with Kip, when Hicks conducted a routine intake screening for delusional thinking and hallucinations. He asked Kip if he heard voices when there was no one there, and Kip said no. Source

Here's his actual notes: www.pbs.org...

Thing was, Kinkel was hearing voices. He lied to HIcks. The kid was so afraid of being mentally ill or thought of as mentally ill that he was lying to his psychologist, convincingly, that he was better and could cease treatment.

He told me he didn't -- he was afraid of the voices. He was afraid that that meant he was mentally ill. He didn't want anyone to think of him as mentally ill. He added he particularly didn't want girls to think that he was mentally ill, because had become interested in girls. He said that there were times that he came close to telling his mother about the voices, and that he wanted to, but that he was afraid to. Source

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One thing that plays into the meds theory, is that the shooters are usually white males. On the other hand, it could be that more black parents believe in a good parenting includes a little butt whipins, while white parents think good parenting is putting their kids on mind altering drugs....

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

The problem with SSRI's is that they are only treating the symptoms (depression) & not the cause (Trauma, etc..) so all they are doing is masking the issue. i think a lot of the issues people are having with depression is caused by intestinal or gut problems, there is a link between the gut and the brain that the medical world refuses to acknowledge when it comes to treating things like epilepsy & depression.
My friend started getting epileptic fits as an adult and there was no reason for it (head trauma etc..) but the doctor was only looking at her brain and not her gut. I did some research for her and found an old Scottish medical journal which had a series of case studies where the patient was getting grand mal seizures 7-8 times a day and what they found was that it was caused by parasites in her stomach, the cure for it back in 1890's - Turpentine.
Turpentine was used for hundreds of symptoms back in the early days of medicine & was a favourite of Hippocrates. Now I was using turpentine for candida overgrowth and it was basically the same treatment that I gave to my friend and guess what, her seizures started reducing and she hasn't had a seizure for a while now.
Now she was exhibiting the same symptoms as me and this makes me believe that her seizures were being caused by a candida overgrowth that resulted in leaky gut syndrome which in turn caused her seizures.
The other thing about the guts is that there is more serotonin in our guts than there is in the brain, now there is a supplement called 5-HTP, 5-HT is the chemical name for serotonin and this supplement replenishes the serotonin in your stomach, now i know a lot of people who take these supplements after heavy partying weekends so they don't go into depression for a few days after and it's proven to work, now these tablets do not cross the brain blood barrier so why is replenishing your gut serotonin making your brain feel better? Because there is a link there.

My theory is that the overuse of antibiotics is causing people to have these imbalances in their gut because it kills off all the good & bad flora in your digestive tract thus upsetting the gut/brain connection. I'm speaking from personal experience because I was battling anxiety/depression/panic attacks for years and couldn't understand why, it was only after doing a water fast that i finally found what was causing my symptoms and it was a candida albicans overgrowth.
As the saying goes "A healthy gut is a healthy mind"

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Is it not possible that this is a coincidence? Let me explain. Obviously if they were taking medication then there was already some problem. So couldn't it be argued that the underlying condition was already present, and the person could have done something just as bad regardless of being on the medication? Perhaps the similarities in the drugs being administered points to their underlying conditions being somewhat similar, and thus treated in the same manner. But, perhaps the problems were larger than they first appeared.

I am not saying this is the answer, rather I am proposing the possibility. I do believe that one of the big differences in society today and society 50 years ago has to do with the mass prescribing of new "mood stabilizing" drugs, among other types as well. It should probably scare people to learn that doctors really don't know how most of these medications actually work, the ones affecting the chemistry of the brain I mean. They can observe what the medication does to the patients in a study or something, but as far as "why" the medication works, an explanation is often lacking.

Then there is the possibility that certain people, due to a certain biological condition, cannot tolerate certain medications. I've been on Zoloft for something like 7 years or so, and have never had any problems. And that goes for the majority as well. So it is hard to make a case that the medications are doing it when the majority of those taking the medicine don't have such problems.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have to share my personal experience with Prozac.

I was sent to a mental hospital when I was 16 by actions taken by my mother whom I was having a very difficult relationship with at the time. Basically we had an argument and I punched a hole in the wall, and she called the police who took me to the hospital. I only stayed a week, but while I was there they prescribed me Prozac. While in the hospital, you MUST take your meds. They check to make sure you're not hiding it under your tongue or whatnot. You must take it as soon as it is given to you. Being in there didn't help my relationship with my mom; I just blamed her for sending me to that god-forsaken place. When I came back home from the hospital, I continued taking Prozac for almost another week.

But home life was still the same when I came back. My mom was still doing the same things that drove me to the point that I got angry and punched the wall anyway. Then I woke up early one morning and came out into the living room. She was asleep on the couch, and I had decided I had had enough. I went into the kitchen and started looking in all the drawers for a nice, sharp knife. I was going to kill her, then myself.

Then I realised what I was doing. I had a sudden moment of clarity, and every day after that I would flush my Prozac down the toilet. After a week of flushing it, she was telling someone how much better I was on the medicine. I told her I wasn't taking it. All I told her is that it made me feel "worse". After I stopped taking Prozac, and learned forgiveness, I have never again wanted to harm my mother in any way.

NOBODY I've ever personally known that was taking antidepressants seemed to be any less depressed, not one single person. They just all seemed to be "out of it". They would just get prescribed more and more medication which made them even more out of it. Nothing ever helped them. From personal experience, I do not believe that these medications help at all, and I believe these types of medications can cause people to do crazy, irrational, and violent things that a normal human being with a proper conscious would never do.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Why on earth would anyone think that something they give you with the express intent of altering your brain chemistry as it pertains to your moods NOT have the potential to cause some individuals to be altered in dangerous ways, both for themselves and for others? It just seems like common sense, and it seems very irresponsible if people are being put on these medications without being advised that this could have dangerous effects and how to spot them.

And if people really can't spot them, then people need to be hospitalized until the effects can be determined.

These things take weeks to months before you fully know how your body is going to respond and react to them, and if the response is bad, it takes the same amount of time to work them out of your system.

I've had a bad reaction to an anti-depressant, and I've had a relative who snapped and attacked his wife after being put on one. I'll go no further than that, but suffice to say that these things can be very dangerous if they don't work well for you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

My relative who attacked his wife? Deteriorating inner ear complicated with very early onset Alzheimer's. I won't say there was no mood issue there, and Alzheimer's can make you violent. However, he had no issues up until then and he was in his early 80s.

Me? I was using mine for migraine prevention. No mood issues at all.

edit on 6-5-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

First thing that popped to my head was "white people"
-Viesczy

the shooters are usually white males
-thinline

First thing I thought of, too, and is the question I want asked/answered. Why are they all white males?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah...not sure what exactly this proves other than the obvious... people that go on shooting rampages tend to be nutters, some diagnoised and being actively treated, some undiagnosed but with all the warning signs.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender Ace

-Viesczy

-thinline

First thing I thought of, too, and is the question I want asked/answered. Why are they all white males?

Because Black people cant afford the medication?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

originally posted by: Blender Ace

-Viesczy

-thinline

Because Black people cant afford the medication?

I wished I could star this one hundred times.
I wonder what the instant jump on "it's the meds" crowd will have for a comeback for this.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ummm...and here I thought you were going to state that they were all liberals.........cha ching...(did I really go there)?

No doubt that would be the second most common denominator...

I have to agree with you though...SSRI meds are doled out like candy....however it's not just suicidal...but homicidal ideation that these meds influence as well...

YouSir

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, OP. However, I wanted to mention that such findings suffer from the classic "chicken or egg" dilemma. Does this mean that psychotropic drugs produce violent tendencies in people or could it be the other way around? Perhaps people who are predisposed to mass murder present with other psychological issues that would warrant psychotropic drugs prior to completely "snapping."

Nevertheless, there is clearly a correlation. Of course, we also need to remember that A LOT of people are taking psychotropic drugs and they will never turn into mass murderers. Still, I would guess this correlation is statistically significant.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The overwhelming evidence suggests the single largest common factor in all of these incidents is that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What ?

So them psycho were 'NOT' responsible for their actions.

'It was something else'.

And the villain in this story is 'Big Pharmaceuticals' !

So what was the 'culprit' for the mass murders like Mao, and Hitler, and the rest of ilk for the last 2000 years ?

Long before Big pharma ever came along ?

For the record some people are born wrong in to this life.

And with the population that has increase over the last 50 years mass murders comes right along with that population growth.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Lol ever heard of Norway? www.cbsnews.com...
Yeah ya dont get out much do ya?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blender Ace

They weren't all white males. Brenda Spencer and Jillian Roberts were both female. The former shot at an elementary school, the latter at an university. It's just mostly white males.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well lets see Hitler was on all kinds of Amphetamines. Point is drugs, much like alcohol DO contribute and in many cases push people beyond where their consciousness would stop normally. The OP is suggesting a connection worth studying...why cant anyone just have a constructive conversation and say hmmm its worth looking at?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I love how all these in the Op's list have Nothing to do with Illegal drugs.

It was not the Weed, Coke, Acid, Extacy or even Alcohol that caused these folks to go on shooting sprees.

Hey ATS.. i think you should ban threads on Zoloft and start the weed forum back up dont you.. makes much more sense to me...
edit on 6-5-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Correlation of these cases with the absence of any other stronger paralell indicators of causality is in itself validation of causality.

Big Pharma is out of control and has no checks and balances we can count on.Money rules the day and makes the rules for Big Pharma and even for the little guy it does the same,we still need lawyers to litigate .

Obviously the drugs are connected to the killngs,only a lawyer or a Big Pharma supporter would think otherwise,or comment otherwise,trying to always leave a back-door open is what is wrong with our world.

I doubt that the help most people get from ALL TYPES of anti-depressants outweighs the risks to society from people going postal because of mediclly induced lapses in consciense.We need to remove the ones we see on the list and not waste time or effort argueing with people who support the status quo and Big Pharma.I do not see ALL Anti-deppressants on that list,only what seem to be the most popular and most marketed,or the most profitable.

Yes,Doctors should be sued for these cases,all of them,and then they would think twice before supporting endorsing and prescribing drugs that get people killed.Forget suing Big Pharma they are prepared and it is a cost of doing business,Doctors are the key to stopping the damage and abuse.

There are many many natural remedys which help depression,none of which are patented and controlled by Big Pharma.

This doesnt merit further research and concern,it merits immediate curative actions.

We have enough evidence in front of us right now to see the correlations.

I will be e-mailing these factoids to everyone I know now.This is critical data and needs to be shared with people.

The problem is not the Problem,your attitude about the Problem is the Problem.These drugs are making people commit mass murder and anyone who disputes this is a part of the problem.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blender Ace

Probably because white males have more access to insurance coverage to pay for the killer drugs their doctors on bahalf of Big Pharma and money prescribe to them.Most people who cannot afford the drugs because they dont have coverage are living on the streets but not doing mass murders.

The most affluent and fiscally able group is impacted the most because money is what drives the system,that affluence is suppossed to protect their children,so until these people wake up and become informed that they are the target of this issue nothing will change.

Poor people who cannot afford Prescribed anti-Deppressants in many many cases self-medicate successfully with Marijuana in North America which due to Big Pharma influences with Governments is illegal in most Jurisdictions.

You cannot patent marijuana so you cannot attatch a fiscal value to it that is attractive to Big Pharma.Big pharma has spent more money suppressing marijuana by payng off politicians than has ever been spent on law enforcement.Once MJ is legalised or de-criminalised or made accessable enmasse,many of these people going to doctors and being fed these killer drugs will no longer be going to their doctors at all,they will self-medicate with an effective all-natural non-addictive drug instead.

edit on 6-5-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join