It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the signs are there, why risk another school tragedy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So I ask honestly...what is your solution?

...I don't know what your answer will be, but I do know
that there is no (one) answer that will suffice to ensure the
safety of all concerned.

I've lived long enough to know that for most kids better
parenting and discipline would have been an effective
measure against behavior like this. But for some kids...
it just doesn't work. You really can't cure evil...you can only
kill it or incarcerate it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Thank you for that touching anecdote. My girlfriend and I are both parents as well and believe that children are a gift. She struggled to have hers, and other than an early term miscarriage with the ex, mine were first tries. TMI, maybe, but we have a responsibility to all children in our communities to do what we can to allow them the most opportunity to become something even better than we are.
Unfortunately, not all are born with an innate moral compass. Most can be helped, but others through environmental factors or just genetics are the sum of their actions.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

You're welcome. I totally understand where she's coming from. I lost 60% of my pregnancies as well and yep, children are so very precious to me. I was really lucky in having some success and never forget that luck for one minute. I'm glad she's fighting for this boy.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'd say the kids a genius. I say this for 2 reasons.

1) he bypassed the schools security to play video games on school computers. and most people won't like this but since there was a thread earlier on how we are all somewhat racist I will use this window of opportunity for

2) He see's black people acting out and misbehaving yet receiving special treatment. He wants special treatment so he is acting out and it works.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thank you all for the responses. It helps to get the opinions of others who are removed from the situation. I find it strange the post with the most stars was blatantly wrong in assumption of meds...but that is ATS after all.

May the Infinite Compassion be with you all.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I'd say the kids a genius. I say this for 2 reasons.

1) he bypassed the schools security to play video games on school computers. and most people won't like this but since there was a thread earlier on how we are all somewhat racist I will use this window of opportunity for

2) He see's black people acting out and misbehaving yet receiving special treatment. He wants special treatment so he is acting out and it works.

Uhhh...there are about a dozen black children at this school. All honor roll and never in trouble.
You're right about the genius part, he is, in a creepy manipulative Hannibal Lecter way. Benrl has some great posts on his thread about a similar topic and someone had mentioned how above 90% of the school shootings were white boys...the kid in this thread isn't emulating simply getting as close to the line as possible to see reaction. Prisoners do the same thing.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear
I tried not to make my comment sound sound too racist. If I was a genius with words perhaps I could have. It just seems lately in this country bad behavior is almost rewarded with special privileges and under achievement.

Perhaps he is bored with his curriculum? He should be rewarded with harder tests and advanced studies. My oldest daughter is smart as a whip, loved school but tended to get in trouble at times. Not ripping up test or acting like a cat, but her teacher told me she was bored. Worked in sports and some college classes and she did great.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join