It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: What happened to missing flight MH370?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can't see the poll... but I think it was captured by someone, probably government related, due to the strange circumstances of the disappearance and the fact that it was never found.

One examples of how useful that would be: you can do whatever you want to with scientists whom people think are dead.
edit on 06pmTue, 06 May 2014 21:53:51 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

20 MAS Passengers Contracted by Freescale Semi-Conductor... - ATS
edit on 06pmTue, 06 May 2014 22:01:14 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Cant believe there no option for "they're on the island".

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Where is the option for the plane being shot down because it was hijacked?

I think it was deemed a threat and it was taken out without necessarily using any new weapon as the poll suggests.

I agree.
It could have been hijacked for any number of reasons, from a 9/11 style attack on the twin Petronas Towers to ransoming the passengers from Kazakhstan.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: neo96

There was apparently a special character in the answer text for that, which somehow prevented the option from showing. I fixed it, and now it's showing.

^^-- now this is funny

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Extraterrestrial entities abducted the plane for unknown reasons- My tin foil hat says yes. Engineers + insight into something they needed= win. Of course, can count for any of the hijaking scenarios.

The pilot or crew intentionally crashed the plane- Not feeling that one... Also see, the pilot's daughter's reactions to DMail's reporting. DM "made up report" about the pilot being disturbed. See here

It was appropriated by a government entity for a future false flag event- Hijaked, passengers held hostage or deceased(murdered), would be a second guess, but who and why? It was never claimed...yet anyway.

There was a catastrophic mid-air event, and it crashed into the ocean- That would be Occam's Razor. Average opine.

It was hijacked by a sophisticated group to use as a weapon in the future- Possible but see below,

I never previously heard anything about missing flight- How would that be?!

Voted on: MH370A weapon of new and incredible power was tested on it -Quite possibly this.

We will never know, and will never see any evidence- We'll never know for now probably, unless it really was an accident, wreckage recovered someday. If there's something to hide, it may be declassified.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

My vote is that there was a fire, and the pilot lost avionics. He attempted to extinguish the fire by disabling as many electrical systems as possible and ascended to reduce oxygen, while also turning towards a secondary airport. Failing to extinguish the fire, he descended to land at secondary airport but was overcome by fumes. Oxygen masks were not deployed due to their fire hazard.

All those on board were overcome by smoke and lack of oxygen and expired.

The plane levelled out and continued on a slow arc to the south west, travelling low and on the borders between radar limits. The plane continued until it ran out of fuel and ditched, fairly cleanly. Little debris and it sank after a while.

The only 'conspiracy' component were those who should have handed over between countries, not following protocol and missing the signs that there was something wrong, and the subsequent cover up of their negligence.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The poll really should have included one more choice:

The plane was shot down by accident by some power, and there has been a cover-up. Which has been my pet theory from early on.

There are two choices in the poll that could reflect this, thus the poll is poorly posed. FTR, I went with "Don't know the reason, and never will", but "mid-air catastrophic event" also holds..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I vote this.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I love these polls, keep 'em coming. Unfortunately i can't vote because my answer is not included. It's still a mystery and we might (probably will) find out in the future aka. none of the above.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'm with the theory that it was shot down over the Ocean after being diverted by scrambled Fighter Jets...

I've been told that hand signals are used if not communication systems but at night time it would be hard to get a response!!!

Lack of communication caused the Fighter Jets to take out the Plane similar to 9/11 in Pennsylvania!!!
Not necessarily hijacked, just the wrong place at the wrong time for a Plane to lose communication with Air Traffic Control!!!

Peace Smurfy!!!
edit on 7-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Vote 4 Pedro

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why put words in our mouth? A simple "It was appropriated by a government entity" would of sufficed... I can't even vote due to the excess wording in the potential answers.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There's only one logical reasonable option

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
An interesting tidbit.

We only have nine votes from Malaysia at this point. But all nine have picked: "It was hijacked by a sophisticated group to use as a weapon in the future."

There's something to think about.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Exitt Exitt polls not allowed

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

And that is why I said Vietnam.

In the hour and a half it took to go off radar, it should have made it across North Vietnam, but the signals indicate that at that time, it was still over Kuala Lumpur.

Yes, that's right. I definitely don't go for the idea of China doing a shoot down. Kuala Lumpur is about 6 hours flying time from Beijing, that's a long time, MH370 flew for over 6 hours, enough to be well over China itself if it had flown in that direction, so why would the Chinese dispatch a plane after it reached the mainland? there's plenty of sea out there.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why take the plane when they have tens of thousands of planes themselves, and weapons, and tech we won't know exists for 20years? We don't need some 2nd world country air-liner. Unless you mean Mayalsia took their own plane? In that case, maybe..... I would think it is like the "Titanic" sinking. Switch it out for a damaged vessel, destroy if, receive insurance money to replace it.
edit on 5/7/14 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

My vote is that there was a fire, and the pilot lost avionics. He attempted to extinguish the fire by disabling as many electrical systems as possible and ascended to reduce oxygen, while also turning towards a secondary airport. Failing to extinguish the fire, he descended to land at secondary airport but was overcome by fumes. Oxygen masks were not deployed due to their fire hazard.

All those on board were overcome by smoke and lack of oxygen and expired.

The plane levelled out and continued on a slow arc to the south west, travelling low and on the borders between radar limits. The plane continued until it ran out of fuel and ditched, fairly cleanly. Little debris and it sank after a while.

The only 'conspiracy' component were those who should have handed over between countries, not following protocol and missing the signs that there was something wrong, and the subsequent cover up of their negligence.

My thoughts exactly.....Don't forget all the flammable batteries in the hold.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I let my mind wander the other day, thinking of the info by some politician (sorry too lazy) who said he had it on good authority that the plane was in Pakistan, and how this might relate to previous unrelated conspiracy theories.

The president supposedly went to Pakistan in 1981. Did he have a "mission," in whatever sense of the word? Before that he wasn't very serious about school or life in general, but after that he was. When most people get serious about life, they get a job, settle down, etc. He followed a very specific route into politics, transferring to an elite school, studying the law, community organizing and running for office. He never let the grass grow under his feet, moving from state office to the US Senate and wasting no time running for president.

His presidency has mostly been a disaster, but the country is still in one piece. Now that his tenure is winding down, it's time for him to fulfill his mission.

Who took the plane, I don't know, but they brought it to Pakistan. They are loading it with weapons, and lying low waiting for the media to forget about MH-370 and searchers to stop looking for it. Why take that plane, specifically? Maybe the pilots were also on a mission. Maybe the Pakistanis knew Malaysia had a lot of security holes that they could evade.

When the time is right, before the next inauguration, the plane and maybe some others, will be used to attack us. Our defenses will be low because our forces will be in the Ukraine and Afghanistan and wherever else. Obama will void the Constition and declare himself the leader of the new Islamic republic.

I realize it's far-fetched and silly but if I can't offer it for discussion here, where can I?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

I realize it's far-fetched and silly but if I can't offer it for discussion here, where can I?

The Skunk Works is that-a-way >>>>>>>

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join