It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dracula's Castle Up For Sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yes, you read that headline correctly!

Bran Castle in Translyvania, Romania, known for its ties to Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes, is now up for sale by the former royal family! Read on for details, and get that credit card ready!

According to NBC News, Romania’s former royal family put “Dracula’s Castle” in Transylvania up for sale this past Monday, hoping to secure a buyer who will respect “the property and its history,” a U.S.-based investment company said.

Former royal family selling "Dracula's Castle"

edit on 6-5-2014 by LrdRedhawk because: Added pic

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I see a Disney type theme park in the future with this castle as it's center piece ... but goth and dark themed. Vamps and wolves and ghost. I'm sure of it. I'd bet a box of donuts. It would be a mega lift to the local economy ... and yes, it would destroy the countryside.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Be afraid of the WRATH of DRACULA, when you turn his sweet home into a "Disney" theme park !

I hope who ever buys this doesn´t turn it into huge tourist trap with all the crap they sells in those.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey, that is my great great great great grandpa's house. How sad. His ghost must feel like they are running a stake through his heart.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I was lucky to get the chance visit this place two years ago. Loved every minute, and it's absolutely breathtaking! With a beautiful view from the top.
And to FlyersFan - There is already a "haunted house" inside haha. It's run by a handful of people. Pretty entertaining actually.

Here are some pictures we took
(and no I don't mind that I'm front center in the picture, it was just a funny shot with my friend behind me being weird)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder if it has 'good bones' and the basement doesn't flood?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CeeRZ

Awesome! If I had the money, I would move in today!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

There are major clauses as to what can be done with the property in the contract. The only feasible use for it once sold will be a museum or historic site with the addition of a hotel close by for visitors.

The owner didn't do it himself because it is not cost effective, so he's trying to make a run for it. I personally would love to make it into a museum, with a personal penthouse retreat inside. But for the amount I would spend in preservation costs, I could build a brand new one in a much better suited location. That price he's asking is a bit ridiculous too, he won't get more then $90 million for it, $135 is outrageous!

(450,000 visitors yearly) x ($10 US dollars Ticket price each) = $4,500,000 yearly income

It would cost $1 million a year in upkeep.
edit on 5/6/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Isn't that story from 2007? Might be time to drop the price, or the conditions. When you've had a fixer-upper on the market for 7 years, it's time to lighten up somewhere.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The owner has some massive balls, he expects someone to shell out over $100 million and then he wants to dictate what can and can't be done.... I wonder if the sale was transferred to one owner and then resold if the previous owners requests would then be voided from the language in the contract knowing the 2nd buyer never agreed to the original terms of the original seller...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, this is simply awesome! I've always wanted a 'cottage in the country' - I shall make this my summer home.

Now to scrounge the change from the sofa and the water fountains....

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Yes, there are all kinds of pitfalls involved to seriously consider living there. I think I remember on a show I watched about it that the only way to get to the castle is to climb an insane number of steps. If I had the money to buy the castle, I would have the money to buy a helicoptor to take me there! It's a nice pipe dream.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No, it's not all steps. It's a long driveway, and then a bunch of stairs to the main door. I'll post a couple more pictures to show you what I'm talking about. And you can see... not a pipe dream! No helicopter need!
haha

The stairs to the castle:

And just because of my earlier post - the view from the top:

And some interior photos:

(Fireplace that I could have walked upright through...I'm 5'10)

edit on 6-5-2014 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That is so cool you visited it. One picture shows people inside the walls yet outside in like a courtyard type are. Looks kinda small. Is there more "outside" area inside the walls?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
perhaps the new owner will be a new type of count?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! to be able to buy that!

Just the thought starts all kinds of crazy ideas almost like imagining winning a lottery.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Surely it was spark the interest of Prince Charles who enjoys "frolicking in the courtyard". After all he can get a discount as it would probably drive more tourism. Source

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Awesome pics! Take me with you next time you go! I'll bring my check book!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Yeah, the courtyard area wasn't incredibly large

haha DONE!

We went hiking in the Transylvania Alps even. It was pretty cool.

It's interesting, the castle sits above a little village (with TONS of stray dogs..that were all kind, at least the ones I ran into). And the people there actually still hang garlic over their doors.
The Romanian people in general get annoyed with the whole vampire thing - but the superstition is still really strong in some areas.

Sad thing about the castle is the complete lack of anything remotely historical and true. But, the castle itself is still incredibly old and the history of the ground it stands on is cool. As for the novelty of Stoker's castle, or Dracula - it's all crap. And everything that is inside the castle is fake. Props. Everything original was taken by the government and previous owners.
edit on 7-5-2014 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

join