Mother Nature causing gay gene?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've read all this thread, but must have missed why anyone should actually care why some people are homosexual.

Does it matter? Perhaps there should be research into why some people have a problem with it and can't have a live-and-let-live attitude.

And for Christian (or any other fundamental religious) believers, just let gay people get on with it. If you believe all that nonsense about them burning in Hell, well let them. You can sit back happy that millions are burning right now with more to come!

For the rest of us, we'll just accept them as our siblings, cousins, nephews and nieces, workmates and neighbours.

Now just get over yourselves and worry about something important!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Why just male homosexuality? Wouldn't that go both ways (no pun intended (ok, a little pun intended))?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rubberchicken

Hmmmm... Interesting. As I stated in the OP this isn't a debate on homosexuality. It was just a theory I had and was curious about. If you don't care then why read?

Nobody here is hung up on themselves just discussing a topic. Which is the point of the forums I thought.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I know this is off topic but are you saying epigenetics are also the cause of serial killers, rapist, and abusers as well. Atleast those that come from violent or otherwise "unhealthy" childhoods?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: goldenalien

No.

Mostly what I am saying is Google the term epigenetics, then spend some time reading to understand what the burgeoning field is all about.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rubberchicken

It is well know that soy added to the food supply is equill to taking several birth control pills. What do they force newborn babys to drink ........SOY. What has all condiment manufacturers switched to.......SOY .It is on purpose and is changing all of the males to homosexual states.It is a abnormal change to lower population.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: goldenalien

Yes, it is a calm debate, and has not degenerated like some do on this subject. And to be honest, the proposition had occurred to me too; it seems a perfectly painless way of Gaia controlling the population, but allowing people to have non-childbearing yet fulfilling relationships.

I was curious, that's why I read through. But it appears some people really are bothered by it, that's surely worthy of note in itself?

I admit, examining why some people do get so preoccupied by homosexuality probably requires its own thread...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: supergravity

All you need to do is examine cultures where very high levels of soy are included in most people's diet and compare levels of homosexuality to those cultures that don't.

So, theoretically, and without any supporting data, off the top of my head, if that were true wouldn't there be many more homosexuals (presumably you're only bothered about male homosexuals) in China, Japan, etc. than say in the Scandinavian countries...?

Yes?

No...

Note: Perhaps there is some confusion by the term 'soy'. Maybe you should clarify, but my proposition still stands.
edit on 6-5-2014 by rubberchicken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This being ATS and all, I propose that world leaders deliberately contaminated our food supply with pesticides and chemicals decades ago.

It certainly has made for some political platforms and new laws.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rubberchicken
I've read all this thread, but must have missed why anyone should actually care why some people are homosexual.

Does it matter? Perhaps there should be research into why some people have a problem with it and can't have a live-and-let-live attitude.

Its ultimately a very new way of thinking, the whole lets not beat up gay people mindset. hundreds upon hundreds of years of scorn, attacking, etc...and suddenly we change our mind collectively.
This is good, but some discussion and mental recatagorization will happen, especially in the first generation (us) who made the change. in 25 years, discussing it may be about as random as someone liking a redhead or the like...not controversial or weird at all...just a different person, just personal tastes.

That's my best guess on it all...a sudden desire to learn, expose, contemplate, etc...perfectly natural to question new things, and this is new.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
male spirits inhabiting female bodies and female spirits inhabiting male bodies. Spirit couples going same sex because lack of vessels and time restraints forcing them into roles that perhaps would have taken diffeent paths because of the second coming where all will be in proper fitting vessels. Yes we inhabit animal vessels also. So a pair in the animal realm could just take human forms that are ready and vice versa. There are many other spiritual factors also.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: goldenalien they are not sure about gay women,just that womens sexuality is more fluid, hopefully they will do another study on the women... www.huffingtonpost.com...

The theory holds that the same genetic factors that induce gayness in males also promote fecundity (high reproductive success) in those males' female maternal relatives. Through this trade-off, the maternal relatives' "gay man genes," though they aren't expressed as such, tend to get passed to future generations in spite of their tendency to make their male inheritors gay.

While no one knows which genes, exactly, these might be, at least one of them appears to be located on the X chromosome, according to genetic modeling by Camperio Ciani and his colleagues. Males inherit only one X chromosome — the one from their mother — and if it includes the gene that promotes gayness in males and fecundity in females, he is likely to be gay while his mom and her female relatives are likely to have lots of kids. If a daughter inherits that same X-linked gene, she herself may not be gay, but she can pass it on to her sons. [Why Are There Gay Women?]

The new study will appear in an upcoming issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

edit on 6-5-2014 by research100 because: added the source

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There are more gay or BIs then most people would ever believe.

Nine million people in the U.S. identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or trans, according to a UCLA study released Thursday. This translates to 3.5% of the population as lesbian, gay, or bi and 0.3% as trans. An additional 8.2% have participated in same-sex sexual activity,

To me that comes to 12% plus you likely have a large number of one timers.
So i see a number of around 15% to 20% If you add in those that would never admit to any gay acts.
there are many that would never admit to being gay or BI to the point they would not even visit gay or BI sites on the internet because nothing is secret on the internet

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Wow, can't even have a serious discussion about homosexuality without somebody attempting to derail it by blaming all on the aliens. Sure, aliens created the pyramids, jesus, and now homosexuals. And oh yeah they've got all their reptilians broadcasting as Fox News reporters. On a serious note, humans clearly need to settle down with the breeding. I'm committed to never reproducing, others should consider it as well.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Something is happening, however how do these changes cause femininity in males or masculinity in females?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Maybe in order to help entice those that are "bi" some either act masculine or feminine so they still have some aspects of the opposite sex.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

That number is well above what I would have thought. That has got to put them as one of the bigger minorities in the country. It will be interesting to see what that number is in say 20 years to see if it is growing. If it is growing that would mean there has to be some evolutionary advantage right?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: goldenalien
a reply to: ANNED

That number is well above what I would have thought. That has got to put them as one of the bigger minorities in the country. It will be interesting to see what that number is in say 20 years to see if it is growing. If it is growing that would mean there has to be some evolutionary advantage right?

There's no evolutionary advantage involved. Every organism is a temporary vehicle for their genetic material, if an organism fails to reproduce then its unique mix of genetic information is lost.

This is why the "homosexuality in nature" argument is a bit misleading as most organisms that exhibit homosexual behaviour will actually reproduce with a member of the opposite sex.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver

did you read my posts??? www.huffingtonpost.com...

The theory holds that the same genetic factors that induce gayness in males also promote fecundity (high reproductive success) in those males' female maternal relatives. Through this trade-off, the maternal relatives' "gay man genes," though they aren't expressed as such, tend to get passed to future generations in spite of their tendency to make their male inheritors gay.

they are not talking about promiscuity in the females that have that gene.

Put differently, why haven't gay man genes driven themselves extinct?

This longstanding question is finally being answered by new and ongoing research. For several years, studies led by Andrea Camperio Ciani at the University of Padova in Italy and others have found that mothers and maternal aunts of gay men tend to have significantly more offspring than the maternal relatives of straight men. The results show strong support for the "balancing selection hypothesis," which is fast becoming the accepted theory of the genetic basis of male homosexuality.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Aye i did, and the research still seems as slap-dash as it did 10 years ago. A correlation between the mothers and aunts and their gay male relatives seems a bit obvious wouldnt you say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join