It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Nature causing gay gene?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I hope this is the right thread.

I also hope this does not turn into a pro or anti gay debate.

I saw an article the other day about how scientist were looking for "the gay gene". Now I don't know if it is real or not or if they found it. But it got me thinking. There are far too many humans on this earth for earth to support. So, I wonder if nature took things into its own hands and made some humans gay.

This would help control the population and if high enough percentage of humans become gay could even start reducing the population back to manageable levels.

Just a theory. I would love to hear thoughts on this.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: goldenalien
Bad theory. there are homosexual animals in pretty much every genus to some degree. its simply a luck of the draw. Purpose in biology? I would say probably none, but its clearly not hereditary. I liken it to taste buds, some taste buds and brain wiring enjoys subtle flavors and hate spicey foods, some are opposite based on size of buds and varying factors involved in their makeup.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Perhaps an important aspect of the so-called "medical exams" done during an UFO abduction experience is a tinkering with the DNA of the abductees to change some of them at that point to make their offspring more inclined to be gay if those disturbed genes match other sets in a future mate?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
Do you genuinely believe that???
None of my gay mates have ever told me that their parents claimed to be alien abductees, ever!
I love ATS for some of the entertaining views expressed here lol

*Edit*
But as per the OP, there has been homosexual attraction going on as long as people have been on the planet, just thankfully most decent societies don't make their lives as much of a misery anymore. What a waste of research cash I say, who cares why some folk are attracted to whoever, it's not like there's some gay pandemic going on in the world with birth rates going through the floor.

edit on 6-5-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh that mother nature what a bitch eh...:>)

link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Wouldn't that mean there are thousands upon thousands of non-reported abductions?

link   

Whether you agree with much of the bible or not (not for me in the most part), the N.T. was written around 2,000 years ago.

Paul mentions homosexuals and I seriously doubt there was an overpopulation problem then.

Methinks there were not 7 billion people at that time.

Approximately 6% of all people who ever lived are people who are alive today. There homosexuals in the past, too

Overpopulation now could be argued against, too.

Maybe the real problem is overconsumption of food (like, say, the USA) and misallocation of it depriving areas of famine,
and clean water which could be remedied fairly cheaply if people would actually help places without it.

The only thing mother nature has to do with homosexuality is that in a certain percentage it is natural.
edit on 5/6/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Two things.

Homosexuality, or the actions humans would construe as homosexuality, is almost universally present in mammals at some observable %. In rats, environment definitely plays a role.

The genetic code does not have the capacity to encode all the nuances of human behavior and physiology. A surprisingly large segment of the human genetic code consists of deactivated genes. So there is almost certainly an additional mediator of higher order personality traits. Maybe epigenetics? This is a fairly new and crudely understood area. There might even be other mediators undiscovered?

One last thought.
Who needs intelligent design? Someone with limited time, that's who. As long as time is not a constraint, I'll take massive application of trial and error. With adequate time this approach will always beat design.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I didn't think of that. Is it possible that the same situation occurs in there case that it only happens to species that are over populous?

Does anyone know?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Gay jeans? Many people purchase and wear gay jeans, and Mother Nature had everything to do with it (she created the human animal who designed and makes gay jeans). Bellbottoms come to mind.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What has mother nature got to do with this
Maybe some of the food chemistry they are introducing into society is doing it. It doesn't take much to sway gene expression. Soy could do it, so could omitting certain foods from a person's diet. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that if you start consuming certain hormones regularly, it can cause change.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Lets say I buy the "the gay gene" theory.

I mean genetics makes me go gaga for a nice pair of boobies and a cute heart shaped rear.
Following that reasoning, if one is possible the inverse should be true too?

As tool for population control?
isn't that what fire famine and war are all about?
Reduction in human numbers and control of a regions natural resources?

Oh wait, that was true back in the old days, now its all about assuaging politico ego's...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I didn't know it was in all mammals I thought it was just a few of them. I will have to look into that.

Also I will look into epigenetics. I have never even heard of that.

Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse I was also suspicious of the kool-aid they were wanting me to drink in school ....

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is interesting but that wouldn't explain how the other mammals are gay. At least I don't understand how it would.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Scientists can't find a gay gene because it doesn't exist! Just because a guy has no luck with women doesn't mean his genes changed to all of a sudden like men....If mother nature is responsible, this is the first time I say mother nature sucks! Gay gene...pfff

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We had way less people in the past, only the last 120 years give or take we have skyrocketed in total population size.

So my theory is that we had in the past way more gays..

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: goldenalien

That is interesting but that wouldn't explain how the other mammals are gay. At least I don't understand how it would.

Maybe it is something they are eating also. Bananas contain Betaine, Betaine raises testosterone levels in males, making them oversexed and more agressive. Soy products contain estrogen like hormones in above average quantities. Many other foods contain smaller amounts of this hormone.

We have caused a change of the diet of many animals on this planet by changing the type of available foods to them. Some may naturally eat foods that effect their sexuality.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

There are quite a few gay women who would have no problem getting dates with men and I am sure men who would have no problems with women so I don't know that this holds much water.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Hmm...Now that is interesting. I didn't think about that. I wonder if there has been any studies to determine the changing of diets in mammals in relation to them being gay?
edit on 5/6/2014 by goldenalien because: needed to finish my thought

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join