It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Bengazi, and why you shouldn't care

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
mods: i placed this here because i do believe that it is a political conspiracy put up by the republican party to bring down the admin. If i'm wrong, please move to the appropriate spot.

The Benghazi conspiracy is not one made by the President, but by the Republican Party and Fox news. Jon Stewart of the Daily Show did an excellent take down of the Benghazi talking points last night (Monday 5/5/14). There's a thread up now from Fox news' Judge Janine saying that Obama should be impeached over Benghazi, saying it was like Watergate. Problem is that the Watergate scandal was orchestrated pre- and post- event by the Nixon admin.

Brief recap of the Benghazi scandal:
1. 20 cities in the area riot. 19 over an anti-Muslim video.
2. 1 city, Benghazi, had a real attack that killed 4 Americans.
3. A spokesperson for the State department blamed the Benghazi attack on the video, grouping it in with the other 19 cities. Plausible as that is the cause of the other riots, yet false. It was actually a pre-planned attack, and they knew it.
4. The State department knew the cover story was a lie, but ran with it.

So, to sum up, the Benghazi scandal is over the lie that was told after the event. It has nothing to do with the event, or things leading up to the event, but how the admin spun the explanation of the event after the fact. To which I say, "umm...so?"

Where is the conspiracy? Watch Fox news coverage. They are trying to equate this to the largest scandal in recent American history, Watergate. As I wrote earlier, Watergate was an orchestrated break-in, then an orchestrated coverup of the crime that they planned and committed.

That didn't happen in Benghazi. There was no malice aforethought. The State dept. didnt plan for anything to go down, they just lied about what happened after the fact. This happens all the time. The gov hides what it knows to help get the people who did the crime. Cops do it, too.

How much time has Issa spent on this hearing or that? How much money spent? Now the GOP are forming a select committee to find out info that we already know.

So Fox news wants to know "where is the outrage?" The Republicans want to "know the truth!" Both building mountains out of mole-hills, just making themselves seem silly.

For a real scandal full of lies, lets just look back one president. Bush and his aides made over 900+ lies leading up to the Iraq war. www.cnn.com...
"[George W.] Bush wanted to remove Saddam Hussein, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy." en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not going to list the lies Bush told, but it's well known that the Bush admin did lie, knowingly, and took us to war based on those lies. That war cost over 4,000 lives, and got over 10x that many soldiers maimed. They lied before, during, and after the event.

Benghazi pales to transparency compared to the Iraq war lies, and that is why you shouldn't care.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm probably the only member here who knows nothing about Bengazi. I've heard it mentioned and seen the headlines countless times, but I know nothing about it. Mainly because I outright refuse to let propaganda into my brain.

I replied to this post to give an example as to how LITTLE some people care about important MSM news. I don't know if Bengazi is a group of people, a city, a popular street or a building. And I refuse to look it up, simply don't care, never did and never will.

I think it has something to do with mrs. Clinton, but the last time I listened to that nutcase was 6 years ago.

edit on 6-5-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

You forgot to mention all of the info about the failure of the chain of command to respond appropriately to the request for help that night, the earlier failure of Clinton to heed the requests for reinforcement of the outpost, and exactly where the Hell was our President the night that he should have been on top of things but seems to have been MIA.

It is quite clear where the problem is, it this administration off on its pursuit of major policies of change and not attending to the normal duties of a President and his administration. They continue to destroy the country in a hundred different ways.

Everybody in the world can see that but staunch democrats.

+6 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sounds like another "blame Bush" rant OP to me...not one valid point or truth uttered.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Sounds like another "blame Bush" rant OP to me...not one valid point or truth uttered.

not one truth uttered?

please, please, please quote the lie!

+10 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Um ... no.

It was a massive failure and cover up on the part of the Obama administration. And, last I heard, an innocent man who was used as their scape goat is still in jail because he made a silly anti-Islam film. Go tell him how his being jacked and tossed in jail by the Obama administration for exercising his free speech rights aren't really happening to him. Go ahead. Good luck with that.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The Benghazi conspiracy is not one made by the President, but by the Republican Party and Fox news.

LOL

That's why the Democrats panicked and went nuts all over the TV shows before the Republicans.

Fail.Bust.guv

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Yea !!

Stormson, how dare you, or anyone else, try to make any comparisons between GWBush and Obama!

Those guys should just thank their lucky stars Bush was not still in office. Yes sir, Bush would have been the first one on a plane, no he would have been piloting the plane, on it's way to get our people out of bengazi that very knight.
Just keep this in mind the next time you even think to involk the name of the most glorious president in the history of our country.

I hope you will pardon my very slight sarcasum.
edit on 6-5-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

I have plenty of bad things to say about Bush!

What does Benghazi have to do with him though?

Bush is gone, out, sitting in the shadows.

If Obama isn't mature enough to take the heat, maybe he shouldn't be president?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You forgot to mention all of the info about the failure of the chain of command to respond appropriately to the request for help that night, the earlier failure of Clinton to heed the requests for reinforcement of the outpost, and exactly where the Hell was our President the night that he should have been on top of things but seems to have been MIA.

It is quite clear where the problem is, it this administration off on its pursuit of major policies of change and not attending to the normal duties of a President and his administration. They continue to destroy the country in a hundred different ways.

Everybody in the world can see that but staunch democrats.

your questions are valid, but the point remains that Benghazi doesn't rise to the scandalous proportions of Watergate, Iran-Contra, or the Iraq war.

I can answer one of your questions, though. Top military have said that no help could have arrived in time once the attack started. "The military did everything they possibly could that night. They just couldn't get there in time." Mike Mullen, testifying [Sept. 19, 2013] at a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
edit on 6-5-2014 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"Get with the re-program!"
end sarcasm

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And, last I heard, an innocent man who was used as their scape goat is still in jail because he made a silly anti-Islam film.

You are wrong on this one. The man was put back into jail because he broke his probation. One of the terms of his probation was that he was barred from using computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer. He clearly broke his probation.

Judge orders man behind anti-Islam film to be held on probation violation
So the he was jacked by the Obama admin for exercising his free speech just just BS.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Um ... no.

It was a massive failure and cover up on the part of the Obama administration. And, last I heard, an innocent man who was used as their scape goat is still in jail because he made a silly anti-Islam film. Go tell him how his being jacked and tossed in jail by the Obama administration for exercising his free speech rights aren't really happening to him. Go ahead. Good luck with that.

hes not in jail anymore, and he was arrested for parole violations in a fraud case. www.wnd.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
These sort of spin threads are pathetic when looked at into the time frames of what went down ,,,op----= another one for my list to watch ...newbees take note

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
Benghazi doesn't rise to the scandalous proportions of Watergate, Iran-Contra, or the Iraq war.

Benghazi is Nixonean

It is disturbing and perhaps criminal that these documents, that documents like these were hidden by the Obama administration," said Republican Rep. Darrell Issa of California, who chairs a House committee charged with overseeing and auditing the White House.

"The American people have learned that you cannot believe what the White House says, you cannot believe what the spokespeople say, and you cannot believe what the president says," Issa said.

"The facts are coming out that in fact, this administration has knowingly withheld documents pursuant to congressional subpoenas in violation of any reasonable transparency or historical precedent, at least since Richard Milhous Nixon."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I have plenty of bad things to say about Bush!

What does Benghazi have to do with him though?

Bush is gone, out, sitting in the shadows.

If Obama isn't mature enough to take the heat, maybe he shouldn't be president?

just comparing scandals and how Benghazi is nothing compared to Watergate, Iraq, or Iran-Contra. Not blaming Bush or anything of the kind.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Why did Charlene Lamb who was in charge of security deny security for the CIA outpost which is what that "consulate" really was seeing how they were shipping arms to Syria. As she said they had a lack of funds. Who pushed for the funds to be cut? None other than the republicans.
And the same question could be asked about the last admin. Where was Bush when the 13 Benghazis happened on his watch?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So the he was jacked by the Obama admin for exercising his free speech just just BS.

I know he got put in jail for going on the internet when he was told not to. But he was jacked by the Obama admin ... he was used as a SCAPEGOAT. It's really clear that he was. They all pointed fingers at his stupid anti-Islam flick on the internet. He never would have been put in jail if it wasn't for him being falsely fingered by the O-Administration. No one gave a rats backend about that crap he put out until the Obama administration drew attention to it.

He got death threats for being 'anti muslim' and he got jacked.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: stormson
Benghazi doesn't rise to the scandalous proportions of Watergate, Iran-Contra, or the Iraq war.

Benghazi is Nixonean

It is disturbing and perhaps criminal that these documents, that documents like these were hidden by the Obama administration," said Republican Rep. Darrell Issa of California, who chairs a House committee charged with overseeing and auditing the White House.

"The American people have learned that you cannot believe what the White House says, you cannot believe what the spokespeople say, and you cannot believe what the president says," Issa said.

"The facts are coming out that in fact, this administration has knowingly withheld documents pursuant to congressional subpoenas in violation of any reasonable transparency or historical precedent, at least since Richard Milhous Nixon."

again, Watergate was a pre-planned crime and coverup. How does that compare or resemble Benghazi?
Iran-Contra, pre-planned and covered up. Resulted in 37 felony convictions. How does that compare or resemble Benghazi?
Iraq, pre-planned lies and covered up, resulted in 4000 dead and many more maimed. How does that compare or resemble Benghazi?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

IMO bengazi was a cia op.
Therefore revealing info about the attack could possibly compromise our cia operations in the region.
Possibly even out operatives... which would possibly get them in trouble. And would be an act of treason as well.
So you'll never find out the truth.

The real scandal is the fast & furious. but no one's talkign about that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join