It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Earthquake Advisory Issued for Oklahoma

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

I do my forage walks in Coyle and know a few people there. The oil companies are drilling in that area, fracking around the Coyle/Guthrie area.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I would have to disagree that this is leading up to a larger quake. I think it would actually be the opposite. The small quakes would be relieving any fault line stresses that might exist and actually prevent a large quake from happening.

2Cents

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortStuff

The advisory was issued by the U.S. Geological Survey and the Oklahoma Geological Survey yesterday due to the increased number of quakes in OK.

I do hope your 2cents is right on the money.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortStuff
a reply to: MrLimpet

I would have to disagree that this is leading up to a larger quake. I think it would actually be the opposite. The small quakes would be relieving any fault line stresses that might exist and actually prevent a large quake from happening.

2Cents

If the USGS is issuing a warning it means something. They have a lot of data that they can look through to notice patterns.
edit on 7-5-2014 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is all making me think of Yellowstone's doing.. have anyone, been paying attention too that detail? It's very, I say, Very active right now.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Apparently a county in Texas has had an increased number of earthquakes as well.

Study: 300 Earthquakes In Parker County Since December

RENO (CBSDFW.COM) – There have been more than 300 earthquakes reported in Parker County since December, according to just-published research conducted by an earthquake study team.

The progress report from the SMU North Texas Earthquake Study said the relation of the quakes to two nearby waste-water injection wells remains a major question. Preliminary locations for the earthquakes show them occurring within one to two kilometers of the well sites.

The U.S. Geological Survey has stated wastewater disposal into deep geologic formations is a likely contributing factor to an increase in quakes. The USGS issued a joint earthquake advisory with the Oklahoma Geological Survey Tuesday, because of hundreds of temblors there.

Full story

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

That's why I'll be buying an acreage in Logan County and having a steel reinforced concrete basement installed. Should withstand quakes, naders, and if I reinforce it right and ground it, EMPs.

Just gotta hold out another few years before it's a reality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join